Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

30 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Just finished the last episode of season 2 last night.  Awesome show and love it but really thought this season was going to be about BTK.  They teased him all the time but never got stuck in.  Cant wait for season 3 !

Same here but reality is a spoiler. BTK was caught in 2005. So unless there's a major time jump they ain't catching him anytime soon. Never knew about there Atlanta Child Murders. Pretty upsetting to know it was never fully resolved.

I'm 2 episodes into When They See Us.

Wow ... what a completely ****ed up story.  I hear it doesn't get any better too.  My wife was like "Trump was even an ass back then huh?" lol.

I also started the new Chappelle standup on Netflix and that **** had me rolling.  I'm like 1/2 done and I found it better than any of the previous 3 he put out.  It reminded me a lot of young Dave from his Chappelle show days, not the sad old man Dave from the more recent ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I'm 2 episodes into When They See Us.

Wow ... what a completely ****ed up story.  I hear it doesn't get any better too.  My wife was like "Trump was even an ass back then huh?" lol.

Yeah, brother.  It's brutal.  I loved it, though.  

LET'S GO!!!!

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cheers is on Netflix.  And while I'm sure it was probably hysterical for audiences back then, it hasn't necessarily aged well but it's still cute.  A few good laughs in there and I am enjoying it.  It's definitely from a simpler time.

There were only 13 channels of **** on the tv to choose from.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Kinda, I mean cable had taken off by the mid to late 80s.  Cheers had a really long run.  I remember when it ended, it was like the end of Seinfeld.

Yeah, I had cable by the mid 80's too.  Couldn't pass up on the floyd quote.  There wasn't so much good stuff on cable then like there is today though.  Nature shows and history stuff was what I remember loving about it.  And MTV.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Watched the first episode of Season 3 of 13 Reasons Why and already hate it. But I'll probably keep watching it....

It sucks and progressively gets more and more ridiculous, but for some reason I just kind of had to know who did it.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Just finished season 2 of The Man in the High Castle.  

The premise is very up my alley, but the execution is not great.  Most of the story lines are difficult to follow, sometimes I feel like I'm not in on the joke.  Why the **** did the Trade Minister end up in a separate timeline?  Also, it's unsettling that the only character I like is the ****ing arch Nazi, but I tend to like the competent mother****ers who get **** done and don't have the whinydrama, and he's pretty much it on this show.  

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The premise is very up my alley, but the execution is not great.  Most of the story lines are difficult to follow, sometimes I feel like I'm not in on the joke.  Why the **** did the Trade Minister end up in a separate timeline?  Also, it's unsettling that the only character I like is the ****ing arch Nazi, but I tend to like the competent mother****ers who get **** done and don't have the whinydrama, and he's pretty much it on this show.  

Man in the High Castle makes more sense when you realize it was based on a book by an American author written in 1962.   

You'll find out more about the separate timelines in Season 3.   For now though, if you can accept the time travel for certain characters as a sort of deus ex machina plot device that allows said characters insight into whats happening in their own timelines.  You know, kind of like, the readers maybe?

• Thanks 1

I waited to watch S3 (and sadly the  last season) of Legion until this week. 4 of the 8 episodes down so far.

There is nothing Marvel related like this show and it will be greatly missed by it loyal viewers. But swear to God the writers must have done a lot of LSD. This show is mother****ing bonkers.

Edit..anyone watch The Runaways on Hulu? Heard they are doing a crossover with Freeform's Cloak and Dagger (which I really like)...wasn't sure if it was worth watching the Hulu show.

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think you'll like him as much in season 3.  lol.   (also a lot of weird stuff happens in the third season, but they do explain a lot as well.)

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 1

Gotham seems to be a decent show. Started watching it while I was in the psych ward (surprisingly they had Netflix there). Currently on S3.

I had noticed it for awhile, but I figured it was like that show Smallville, which seemed dumb to me . That, and Jada Pinkett seemed to be a central figure, though I had no idea who she was supposed to be, as the only black female character in the Batman universe I was aware of was Amanda Waller. I have no idea who the hell Fish Mooney is.

I like it though. Some characters have been done better than others - I love Joker, Riddler and Mad Hatter, but detest Azrael, Firefly, Mr Freeze and Penguin (also, Victor Zaz is a strange one in this... I always thought he was a deranged serial killer, but for the show, they basically made him Falcone's personal Agent 47, and Falcone, who I always saw as a hot tempered mob boss, is portrayed as a grandfatherly Lucky Luciano/Carlo Gambino type). I have yet to see what happens with Poison Ivy yet and I think Rhas al Ghul (sp) has just been introduced in Ep 17. 

Its definitely weird though with Commissioner Gordon being the main character, and Bruce Wayne being a punk ass kid, with Alfred being a near Bond level badass (though I am aware of his Mi6 backstory).

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Also heard the new show about Alfred (Pennyworth) is worth watching. 

It is. I was raving about it the other week. You & I have very similar tastes so I think you'll love it as well. 

Also, just watched the first 3 episodes of The Righteous Gemstones. Only gripe I have is the pilot was an hour long & the rest are only 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

Finished When They See Us last night and wow.  What an incredible yet so ****ed up show since it's a true story.  The last episode my wife was sobbing pretty much the entire episode after about 1/4 the way in.  So sad what those boys went through especially Korey Wise.  It just pisses me the **** off too thinking about that and I'm sure it happened to more people too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chew said:

Haunting of Hill House S2 said to be "Much scarier." 

Not that S1 was all that scary, but I'm down for scarier.  Make a brotha wanna keep the light on.

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/08/14/the-haunting-of-hill-house-season-2-scarier-than-season-1/

S1 was gutwrenchingly dark and depressing, but not what I would call scary. 

Im honestly not even sure what would make me even sweaty at this point. That scene near the end of the season where the two sisters are racing towards the house and crash off the side of the road got me good though. Jump scares havent gotten me in a long time because im such a fan of the genre that even the well done misdirected ones have a hard time not telegraphing it a bit, but the sheer perfected randomness of it nearly stopped my heart lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chew said:

Haunting of Hill House S2 said to be "Much scarier." 

Not that S1 was all that scary, but I'm down for scarier.  Make a brotha wanna keep the light on.

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/08/14/the-haunting-of-hill-house-season-2-scarier-than-season-1/

I thought it was pretty damn creepy and every time I think back to certain aspects I get a little paranoid especially if I'm up late by myself or lying in bed in the dark after having trouble sleeping.  Also the black mold was pretty disturbing too.  I don't even like to think about that. lol

Edited by visionary