stoney26

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chew said:



It was mentioned here a few weeks ago, but City on a Hill premieres this weekend on Showtime.  Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent and Aldis Hodge as the ADA in mid-90s Boston.  

 

It premiered last weekend... it was a very slow start IMO. I will watch one more to see if it catches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TK said:

New seasons of Jessica Jones & Designated Survivor have dropped on Netflix. 

 

And then there's this :)

 

 

 

 

I am almost done with DS (watching that is). Good to know JJ has been released. The date was uncertain two weeks ago when I posted the dates for Netflix shows.

 

Thanks for the heads up!. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chew said:

A coworker hyped I Am Mother, excited to watch it this weekend after seeing the trailer.

It was mentioned here a few weeks ago, but City on a Hill premieres this weekend on Showtime.  Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent and Aldis Hodge as the ADA in mid-90s Boston.  

 

I Am Mother is ok at best, nothing to get excited about, imo.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Season 3 of DS was real good. So, relatable to today's issues.

 

Spoiler

If there's a Season 4, I smell Impeachment.

 

Edited by Rdskns2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just motored through Cherbobyl.  Wow.  Add me to the list of "highly recommend."  Skarsgard and Harris were amazing together.

 

Spoiler

The "pet crew." Jesus, what a job.  :(

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1st episode came on cinemax last night,  it has potential. Carla Gugino, Gustavo Fring, and a heist story pretty much means i'm in

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binge watched season 3 of Designated Survivor this weekend.  I thought it was pretty good but didn't like that it was only 10 episodes.  I hope they do another season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Good Omens last night. Its outstanding. I really hope they can come up with a second season but I know there's no source material for it so it'd be a big risk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Finished Good Omens last night. Its outstanding. I really hope they can come up with a second season but I know there's no source material for it so it'd be a big risk.

 

 

How many episodes is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started Imposters on Netflix (originally aired in 2017).... pretty cool show. Only watched one episode but will continue. Don't know the actress but she is certainly eye-candy to keep you entertained. Dark drama/comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Chachie said:

 

 

How many episodes is that?

 

I believe it's 6.

 

 

13 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Just started Imposters on Netflix (originally aired in 2017).... pretty cool show. Only watched one episode but will continue. Don't know the actress but she is certainly eye-candy to keep you entertained. Dark drama/comedy.

 

I'm guessing you are talking about Inbar Lavi. She just played Eve on S4 of Lucifer too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Evil Genius said:

 

 

I'm guessing you are talking about Inbar Lavi. She just played Eve on S4 of Lucifer too. 

 

Yupppp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw the Russian Doll description on Netflix doesn't do it justice.

 

Quote

Nadia keeps dying and reliving her 36th birthday party. She's trapped in a surreal time loop -- and staring down the barrel of her own mortality.

 

The show is psychologically disturbing and darkly hilarious. Total of about 4 hrs (over 8eps) for the first season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Oaks on amazon prime is kinda funny.  Mix Caddyshack and Dazed and Confused and that's what you get.  1985 summer country club fun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

 

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Chernobyl after starting it 2 nights ago.  Wow.  If that is accurate and how it really went down, it's really sad how preventable it was and how many lives were lost afterwards due to incompetence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What/If had some potential, but its some weak acting outside of Zellweger. It was hard to care about any of the side stories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chew said:

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

 

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

I am.  Haven't seen this weeks yet but so far it's pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chew said:

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

 

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

It's really good. I don't mind the week wait in between. While watching this week, I realized Rita (Waterford's Martha) is Pastor Nina from Kim's Convenience (thank you for that recommendation.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chew said:

Don't think I'v seen it mentioned yet -- anyone watching the new season of Handmaid's?  

 

Wondering if we want to watch it week by week or just wait until the whole season is available and binge it.  

 

 

I'm waiting for at least 3 or 4 episodes to be available. I'm a binger.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chachie said:

 

 

I'm waiting for at least 3 or 4 episodes to be available. I'm a binger.

There is 5 out now. First week they came out with 3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Just finished Chernobyl after starting it 2 nights ago.  Wow.  If that is accurate and how it really went down, it's really sad how preventable it was and how many lives were lost afterwards due to incompetence.

Fortunately the Russians are filming a more accurate version that reveals how it was an act of sabotage by a CIA agent.  Yeah, seriously.

The only b.s. was how radiation effects were portrayed. The Bridge of Death, for example, was an urban legend.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Fortunately the Russians are filming a more accurate version that reveals how it was an act of sabotage by a CIA agent.  Yeah, seriously.

Yeah, I know, they mention this at the end of the show :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.