Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Just finished episode 6 of true detective season 3. My prediction looks like it’s correct after tonight’s episode tho I don’t know how it will finish up in the present timeline. 

The acting is really fantastic. Also the makeup artists that change the cast from 1980 to 1990 and finally 2015 is impressive. Some of the best makeup and prosthetic work I’ve seen. 

Marhershala Ali and Stephen Dorrf are killing it across all the timelines bringing those characters to life 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just finished episode 6 of true detective season 3. My prediction looks like it’s correct after tonight’s episode tho I don’t know how it will finish up in the present timeline. 

The acting is really fantastic. Also the makeup artists that change the cast from 1980 to 1990 and finally 2015 is impressive. Some of the best makeup and prosthetic work I’ve seen. 

Marhershala Ali and Stephen Dorrf are killing it across all the timelines bringing those characters to life 

The ending of Ep 6 was chilling.

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think Season 6 will be the final season. The story has run it's course.

Reveal hidden contents

Perfect series ending-  Liz kills Red, after we find out; who he really is.

I think so.  It's gotten to the point where I really don't care about the Blacklisters they're catching, really just watching for the stories between the characters and how it's gonna play out with Liz and Red.

Spoiler

I like your idea of her killing him, I think that can definitely happen.  She's definitely taking a turn to the dark side, acting as more of a criminal.  But that can be said for the whole task force.  

To play off your idea, I think what could also happen is that she gets involved with Ressler, he's the one that ends up pulling the trigger to kill Red.  Maybe that's a little far-fetched but they had that little moment over Chinese food a few seasons ago, it looked like they were going to get involved.  With Tom dead, I think they get feelings for each other.  

At any rate, I'm dyiiiiiing to see who Red really is. 

1 hour ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Idk if it’s been brought up in here but Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix....holy s**t

Dumbest parents EVER. I was furious after watching it. I'm as angry at the parents as I am at the perp. With each episode my jaw dropped more and more at each new STUPID PARENT development.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone else watching Kingdom? 1.5 episodes in and it's legit. Only 6 episodes right now so not that big of a commitment.

I started it but have not had the time to get back to it. I think I'm on ep 3. Yes, pretty good.

Netflix original The Umbrella Academy.   I friggin love it.  Haven't been sucked into a show like this since I binged GoT 2 years ago.  Took a while to get going, but wow, the storylines and characters drew me in and I'm hooked.

A billionaire adopts 7 kids that were all born on the same day and have special powers.  Bootleg superheroes, time-traveling assassins, an agency that manages the spacetime continuum, and the end of the world. 

I can't pinpoint why I'm so captivated by this show, but 6 episodes in and can't stop watching.   It's like X-Men and Men in Black had a baby, with the quirkiness of MIB.  

• Like 3

On 2/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Die Hard said:

I just started Mr Robot. 4 episodes in. Kinda has a Dexter feel to it (before it got cheesy). Christian Slater is alive! 

Might have something to do with the emotionally-disconnected narration from the main character.  Interesting show.  There's something else that it definitely is reminiscent of, but I wouldn't want to mention it until you've finished season one.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Might have something to do with the emotionally-disconnected narration from the main character.  Interesting show.  There's something else that it definitely is reminiscent of, but I wouldn't want to mention it until you've finished season one.

You have him working for the good guys (All Safe). He’s trying to fit into society (serious mental health disorders). Troubled upbringing. He does all the recon on his prey.... they’re typically all bad guys, vigilante justice - and collects CDs on his encounters - Dexter has the blood slides. Etc etc 🙂 Everybody he loves gets hurt.

feel free to share, 

Edited by Die Hard

52 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You have him working for the good guys (All Safe). He’s trying to fit into society (serious mental health disorders). Troubled upbringing. He does all the recon on his prey.... they’re typically all bad guys, vigilante justice - and collects CDs on his encounters - Dexter has the blood slides. Etc etc 🙂 Everybody he loves gets hurt.

Good points.  I think the main difference (serial-killing aside) would be Dexter is more Psychopath who is able to put on a mask and blend in with society, while Elliot tends to shun society.  I suppose he does have the ability to feign normality at times when he's doing his social engineering

52 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

feel free to share,

Not sure if this means you finished season one, but I'll put it in spoilers

Spoiler

Season one of Mr. Robot to me is almost like watching Fight Club again, just replace fighting with hacking.  Person with split personalities is led by alter ego to start an organization to destroy the credit system and reset all debt to zero.  Unlike Fight Club, though, Mr. Robot then continues to explore the fallout in subsequent seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Good points.  I think the main difference (serial-killing aside) would be Dexter is more Psychopath who is able to put on a mask and blend in with society, while Elliot tends to shun society.  I suppose he does have the ability to feign normality at times when he's doing his social engineering

Not sure if this means you finished season one, but I'll put it in spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Season one of Mr. Robot to me is almost like watching Fight Club again, just replace fighting with hacking.  Person with split personalities is led by alter ego to start an organization to destroy the credit system and reset all debt to zero.  Unlike Fight Club, though, Mr. Robot then continues to explore the fallout in subsequent seasons.

Elliot puts on a mask too. It’s the morphine. 😜 Without it, his social anxiety becomes overwhelming and he isolates and the suffers depression.

And he’s never taken off his mask. It wasn’t until he unloaded on his therapist that he finally took it all off. 

Just now, Die Hard said:

Elliot puts on a mask too. It’s the morphine. 😜 Without it, his social anxiety becomes overwhelming and he isolates and the suffers depression.

And he’s never taken off his mask. It wasn’t until he unloaded on his therapist that he finally took it all off. 

I just read the spoiler. Hmmmph. Interesting. I wanna sit on that for awhile 😎 But that’s astute.

Finished Umbrella Academy.  Holy Toledo, it was so good.  I'm having withdrawals and I'm going to lose my **** if they don't renew it for a season 2.  

5 episodes into Netflix's Sex Education.  FINALLY, a show I can relate to.  A show about me: a high school kid with a massive dong, trying to find his way.  My boy Asa Buttas is solid but I think his blonde sex therapy partner is outshining him, she's great.  Perfect balance of funny and real world high school bull****.  Gillian is smokin' hot.  We're a little late to the Sex Education party as the show has been out for a few months now, but I get the hype.  Really enjoying it.  I dig British shows.  

Spoiler

I knew there was going to eventually be a scene where the gay black dude was the victim of a hate crime.  I have a hard time watching stuff like that :(  

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Die Hard said:

I just started Mr Robot. 4 episodes in. Kinda has a Dexter feel to it (before it got cheesy). Christian Slater is alive! 

DH in the hizzy!

Mr. Robot's first season was awesome.  Haven't jumped into the 2nd season yet.

• Like 1

Started watching "You"...it's good, although I'm not caught up in it like so many others are, I guess. I'm only two episodes into it, though. A few too many "Yeah, right' moments for my taste. But it's definitely watchable.

If anyone has been watching it, does it get better/creepier as season one goes on? Or does it stay about where it is during the first 2 episodes?

• Like 1