Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

I binged my way up at just the right time. The book's writer says that next episode is the conclusion of the story, so it sounds like there's no season 3. But episode 9 was a thriller the whole way through.

spoilers

Spoiler

What happened to Sato's guns? He made a big deal about getting guns for the crew and being proven right when the other dude screwed everything up. But nothing to be found when they actually needed them.

Also, I'm worried for Tozawa's ex-gf's mom. Ex-gf has gotten away for now, but considering families being a target, I don't think her mom is safe.

Binged 3 Body Problem over the weekend. Really enjoyed the first half, but feel like the second half wasn't quite as good(can't say why without spoiling). Still overall good show and worth the watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

It was. Typical NBC. 

Maybe they want another law and order or Chicago show. 🙄

It was surprising it got a second season.

Shows like this aren’t suited for network tv. 

It was a good reboot, a sequel to the original.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

The very very end of this past weeks episode of Shogun was so damn stupid.  Like a facepalm worthy moment.  I loved the episode after the kinda boringflashback episode prior, but damn why did it have to end like that. 

8 hours ago, purbeast said:

The very very end of this past weeks episode of Shogun was so damn stupid. 

You the only one who thinks this. I gasped out loud

Spoiler

Toranaga's stupid son was bound to have something like this happen to him.

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, gbear said:

Had to have something to put some fire back in Toranaga. Maybe that will do it? Trying not to spoiler.

I feel like we'll find out

Spoiler

That his son was doing his own thing and Toranaga was scheming with his brother. Two armies marching to the capital to bring Toranaga in and that's Crimson Sky

12 hours ago, gbear said:

Had to have something to put some fire back in Toranaga. Maybe that will do it? Trying not to spoiler.

Spoiler

I am fine with him dying.  I am not referring to that.  It's the way he died.  It's raining and wet for like 99% of the show and no one ever slips and falls down, then all of a sudden while it's raining outside, he slips and falls and hits his head on a rock and dies.  And if he was on the robe and it was pulled out from under him to make him slip, it's even dumber.  I rewinded it to see which one of those things happened and it wasn't clear still after watching it multiple times.  It was just so god damn stupid.  NOBODY has fell and slipped and been injured this entire season, then they basically use what is the opposite of plot armor for this dumb ass incident to cause a death they needed to move the story along.  At least have him die by the sword in battle against his brother.  Not this idiotic way.

I didn't think the ending to the latest Shogun episode was stupid at all, it was a pretty big event which will set up an exciting conclusion to the series

I hope they have a season 2 or continuation of the story because it's been a great show so far. There is almost nothing I can critique.

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I didn't think the ending to the latest Shogun episode was stupid at all, it was a pretty big event which will set up an exciting conclusion to the series

I hope they have a season 2 or continuation of the story because it's been a great show so far. There is almost nothing I can critique.

Not sure if you read my spoiler or not.

I have no problem with the outcome.  It was the vehicle they used to come to that outcome.  I don't think it could have possibly been dumber and more facepalm worthy than the way they did it.

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

We finally got around to starting Norsemen a couple of months ago. It's one of the funnier shows I've seen in some time. Just great fun.

Plebs is another one… with a Roman Empire timeline.

Hopefully Netflix or someone else will pick up Quantum Leap. 

Tokyo Vice - Phenomenal show. I'm tempted to put in that rarefied air of shows like The Wire & Breaking Bad. 

The Walking Dead- Those that Live  was pretty good though it felt like they kinda rushed the last episode. Just started the Daryl Walking Dead show & have no idea how he ended up on a boat to France.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That's great to hear and I am SHOCKED.  I didn't think a non-linear game where the player has a great deal of flexibility on how good or evil to be could be adapted into a linear TV show.  Can't wait to check it out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Resident Alien on Netflix.

Actually, it’s a SyFy show that aired on SyFy and streamed the next day on Pea****. Season 3 ended last week.

This year they made the first 2 seasons available on Netflix. Now that it finished its season, I assume Netflix will get Season 3.