Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 6/15/2019 at 12:29 PM, StillUnknown said:

1st episode came on cinemax last night,  it has potential. Carla Gugino, Gustavo Fring, and a heist story pretty much means i'm in

Damn.... that image capture. As if The Haunting of Hill House hadn't already shown how good time has been for her.

• Like 2

Found this gem in Apple TV's Free Episodes list. Seems it's free on the AMC app. The Sundance/Now app has it but requires a monthly fee, though it has the 1 week free trial dealio.

13 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Damn working all weekend. Would be rather be binging Dark Season 2.

I got a rotator cuff surgery and now I have the next 3 weeks to do nothing but binge watch. :D

Almost done with Jessica Jones... wished there was a season 4 to watch on Netflix. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zskins said:

I got a rotator cuff surgery and now I have the next 3 weeks to do nothing but binge watch. :D

Almost done with Jessica Jones... wished there was a season 4 to watch on Netflix. 

Probably be another month or two before watching Jessica Jones. Netflix really killed my drive with these already cancelled Marvel shows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

thought you were talking about the martial arts movie for a second. Nah, haven't seen it

It's got 7.3 on imdb and 95% on Google reviews. It has two seasons and is set in Turkey (The Protector, Turkish: Hakan: Muhafı) is a Turkish drama fantasy series).

I think I will start it and see if it is better than the some of the Marvel stuff. 

• Like 1

About 15 years too late (or just in time since Hulu revived it for a new season+) but the wife and I started Veronica Mars last week. Almost done with Season 1. Not sure how we slept on this show back in 2004, especially since Kristen Bell is a fave. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

20 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Anybody else watching Designated Survivor? 3 Seasons out so far. Keifer Sutherland does a good job fitting the role of President. 3 episodes in, very interesting, and scary at the same time.

Yea, I binged season 3 a couple weeks ago.  I still like it.  I wonder if they will do a season 4.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:31 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont put much stock in ratings except for stuff high or low

6-6.5 is usually the benchmark for "pretty good/solid". 7-7.5 would be like "very good-great, 8 a knockout, 9's legendary, etc. Sounds good

Yeah I am going to give it a 6. Just finished it. The dubbing didn't match with closed captioning not sure who is at fault there. The character development is rushed but that could be how dramas are done in Turkey so I am going to over look that and the slight over acting by the main character. I did like the story line though. It did move pretty fast from episode to episode so you will fly through them without getting bored though. There should be a season 3.  

• Like 1

Meh, whatever. They've kinda killed my interest with this "Every two years" stuff. I honestly don't care anymore.

It was good, but not that good

Plus theyre working with kids. Gotta be weird now, 4-5 years later, trying to play it like theyre the same age, especially  the older ones who are probably like halfway to 30 by now.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 7/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, SemperFi Skins said:

Anybody else watching Designated Survivor? 3 Seasons out so far. Keifer Sutherland does a good job fitting the role of President. 3 episodes in, very interesting, and scary at the same time.

I'm halfway through season 3,  it's been a really good show to watch.  I don't like some of the changes made with the cast in season three (specifically certain characters being left out), but do like the grittier language as it gives it a more natural feel and flow, imo.  Netflix hasn't tried to make it into "House of Cards"and are doing a good job continuing the overall story.  

On 7/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea, I binged season 3 a couple weeks ago.  I still like it.  I wonder if they will do a season 4.

Season 4 is expected according to what I've read.  Season 3 was the 3rd most watched show on Netflix in the U.K. last June when it was released and consistently in the top 10 of all shows on IMDB.  Searching that led me to a season 3 spoiler.........:kickcan: