Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daylight Saving Time....WHY????

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, why? Seriously, is there ANYONE out there who will argue for the continuation of Daylight Saving Time? I know the argument of why it was started, but why continue? We don't live in that world any more, yet we still do this stupid thing every year and it isn't necessary.

This is what does the work today....

549836_10151266507491846_1063339952_n.jpg

From a power conservation point of view it makes a little sense. Utilize the sun a little more and the electric lights a little less.

The only convincing arguments that I've read have to do with increased recreation in countries that have fixed work hours, where after work people go to games etc and thus stop at convenience stores, but then the issue becomes why fall back in the Fall? Why not keep it all year?

I don't know if this will add to the picture or distract from it.

I am a morning person. I generally wake up without alarms between 5:00- 6:30 every morning regardless of when I go to sleep. This year, I was asked to cover the morning show at the news station for a couple of stints. That meant waking up at 3:30 - 4:00 so I could get to the station with enough time to prep headlines and write news by 6 am. Those two hours made a world of difference to my functioning. They utterly exhausted me. So, there must be a really big physiological and spychological difference associated with waking up with the Sun or near to that.

The only convincing arguments that I've read have to do with increased recreation in countries that have fixed work hours, where after work people go to games etc and thus stop at convenience stores, but then the issue becomes why fall back in the Fall? Why not keep it all year?

I must agree with this. Nothing changes, other than how long the sun is up.

Perhaps it revolves around us?:pfft:

I don't know if this will add to the picture or distract from it.

I am a morning person. I generally wake up without alarms between 5:00- 6:30 every morning regardless of when I go to sleep. This year, I was asked to cover the morning show at the news station for a couple of stints. That meant waking up at 3:30 - 4:00 so I could get to the station with enough time to prep headlines and write news by 6 am. Those two hours made a world of difference to my functioning. They utterly exhausted me. So, there must be a really big physiological and spychological difference associated with waking up with the Sun or near to that.

It's your body's internal clock which doesn't like changes. I struggle for the whole week following both the spring forward and the fall back. I may be making this up (:ols:), can't remember honestly, but I seem to recall seeing studies that showed suicides, depression and OR visits all spike in the days following the change in time. It messes with people.

Why not just change your work schedule?

govt shifting my day sucks

So change your job.

Being a freelancer, I can change my day around.

But I do note when it's lighter longer, there's many more players in the evening.

~Bang

It's not a big deal

I just wake up later and get confused before realizing the proper time

Yes, I'm mad because I woke up later when I usually wake up at 7 AM every day but still, I don't have much to complain about it

I get a little confused by it as well, however "confused" is generally one of my default states so DS actually makes me feel very at home in that regard.

govt shifting my day sucks

Goddamn government overreach! Controlling our lives! Where is my freedom? Where is Rand Paul when you need him?? I will not simply stand by while these fascist government people tell me what to do and when to wake up and how much sunlight I can fit into my day. They can have my hour when they pry it from my cold, dead...uh...basal ganglia and right parietal cortex.

WHO IS WITH ME??

This. Having light after work to do things is good for mental health (and vitamin D production). Going to work when it's dark and coming home when it's dark is the pits. But I can't fathom why we change back in the winter. It does no good for anyone. I suppose when we had more manufacturing it saved money. Don't see why it impacts a farmer one way or the other. They're going to plow when the sun is up, doesn't matter what time it is.

So change your job.

Being a freelancer, I can change my day around.

But I do note when it's lighter longer, there's many more players in the evening.

~Bang

I can change mine as well,but it confuses customers who have rigid hrs

sheep

This. Having light after work to do things is good for mental health (and vitamin D production). Going to work when it's dark and coming home when it's dark is the pits. But I can't fathom why we change back in the winter. It does no good for anyone. I suppose when we had more manufacturing it saved money. Don't see why it impacts a farmer one way or the other. They're going to plow when the sun is up, doesn't matter what time it is.

Yeah I don't get it either. I always thought it was because they didn't want kids going to school in the morning in the dark or some kinda silly nonsense like that.

Lighter later, **** the kids!

But anyhow... I hate getting off of work when it's already dark outside. I like being able to do stuff around the house or anything when it's still light outside. I've noticed that all of my neighbors and I turn into hermits when it's dark early. When it's lighter later, I can actually do neighborly things. The sun going down at 4:30 is dumb.

Archived