Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daylight Saving Time....WHY????

AsburySkinsFan

I was planning on moving to Galmudug, since they don't have a strong enough government there to enforce Daylight Savings Time, but then I remembered that nobody in Galmudug can afford a clock.

Maybe it's a lack of Daylight Savings Time that's holding Somalia down. :)

Later light is a good thing. Make DST permanent.

For every person who likes waking up to sunlight, I bet there's one like me who finds morning sunlight to be an annoyance. So that's a wash... leaving the evening light of permanent DST for all to enjoy.

:idea:

Yeah I don't get it either. I always thought it was because they didn't want kids going to school in the morning in the dark or some kinda silly nonsense like that.

You do know that the sun doesn't come up at the same time even in areas that are in the same time zone right? Go North to Maine and the sun is going to rise later in the morning than it does in DC and much later than in Florida.

I swear I was always a late sleeper, til the last second, until 9/11 happened. After that, I wanted to be up and informed asap. We moved to an island off Savannah for about 5 years, and that's where it really took hold. There's nothing like a cup of coffee outside, watching the sun come up over your boat.

Btw, anybody want a boat? it's beautiful, and for sale...? I've put it in the classifieds before, but got no bites.

I can change mine as well,but it confuses customers who have rigid hrs

sheep

then they should change their hours.

Take some personal responsibility and quit looking for the gov't to bail you out of your problems.

~Bang

Solution:

Fall back 23 hours, let us redo Saturday, call it a federal holiday, and make the calendar 364 numbered dates long. We get the additional energy savings and I don't have to walk around like a zombie for a month while my sleep schedule gets fixed.

Solution:

Fall back 23 hours, let us redo Saturday, call it a federal holiday, and make the calendar 364 numbered dates long. We get the additional energy savings and I don't have to walk around like a zombie for a month while my sleep schedule gets fixed.

it takes u a month to adjust to daylight savings time..?

Not sure I follow what some of you are seeing. Before this Saturday, I've had to put on the sunglasses to drive to work around 7:30. This morning, it was still dark and the sun didn't come up until I got right TO work. With DST, it's usually dark in the morning for me. I prefer the sun in the evening. I'd love it if they kept this time. Isn't Arizona the only state that doesn't do DST?

i like to to take my dog jogging on local trails after work. Unfortunately, in the winter months, its cold and dark by 530. Last week, the sunset at 6:15 pm, which wasnt enough time for a good run. so instead my dog just got to walk around the block. Today, we'll be on the trail by 5:45 and have enough time to get 5 miles in before its day. So daylight savings time benefits my dog. It also benefits me, as ive gained about 10lbs over the winter since i hate going to the gym and the only excercise i get is from running every day after work.

I think the real question is why do we have "standard time." Wouldn't everyone prefer DST to be year-round?

In my experience, most (though not all) folks would prefer it. And they would prefer to see it happen without the nation manually shuffling its schedule to get there. Just jump onto DST and never jump off. Make it the new standard.

In my experience, most (though not all) folks would prefer it. And they would prefer to see it happen without the nation manually shuffling its schedule to get there. Just jump onto DST and never jump off. Make it the new standard.

Of course, the reason we don't change is because in the winter months when kids go to school it is very dark in the morning. And the goal is to prevent kids from getting run over by cars that can't see them.

Archived