Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn: first take Skip Bayless put redskins 2nd in most likely to win Super Bowl in 2013

x96bryan10

I think they go 9-7 next season

Losses:

Packers

Bears/Detroit <--- This will be the game they should win but don't

Giants

49ers

Falcons

Bronco's

Vikings

Beat:

Chiefs

Chargers

Chargers

Raiders

Lions

Cowboys (2x)

Eagles (2x)

Giants

Whether he likes us and/or RGIII is not my issue with him. He consistently takes extreme positions, often contrary to conventional wisdom just to be dfferent and shouts loudly about those opinions to gain attention and ratings. He adds nothing to intelligent debate IMO.

I get your point but its fun for me to have a guy whose extreme positions favor the Redskins and who practically worships RG 3. So yeah I like the idea that we have an extreme position guy in our camp as opposed to complaining about those guys who aren't like Colin Cowherd. So yeah I get a kick out of him talking about Rg III over Luck or the Redskins over the Giants, etc. ESPN tends to ignore the Redskins a lot -- this guy and his show is all over the Redskins with positive vibes.

Here's some of what am talking about:

Drafting RG 3 over Luck

Talking up RG 3's game against the Saints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDW6C_cnzY

RG 3 should be MVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAwetO22fYI

RG 3 or Luck during the season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gcr6p87evk

I think they go 9-7 next season .....

I also have us going backwards record wise next year, whilst still retaining the division by virtue of the state of the other three chumps. Everything fell this past year and we rode that momentum to one HELL of a season that NOBODY was expecting this time last year, whatever they now say. But a combination of some gutless **** in NY and a defense that will eventually catch-up, no matter how good the dude in the 10 shirt will continue to be; will have us coming up just short for another year. But with another solid draft, and another years experience for the younger guys together, 2013 will be another major step on the road to getting back to where we all so crave to be.

And with a full FA to come in 2014, another full draft; and Robert and the guys entering year three ..... watch out NFL. We want our Lombardi back!

Hail.

I was one who thought out schedule in 2013 looked tough, but you're right, after breaking it down, it's not much worse than 2012's. I mean the NFC North is a damn good division so its not like playing the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers were gimmies. Then the NFC South is usually solid and we went 2-2 there.

I don't know if we'll go 5-1 in our division again, but I see no reason we can't go at least 4-2. We were right there with the Falcons this year and possibly could've won if RG3 doesn't go out with a concussion. I'd say 10-6 is a solid bet for next year.

Our biggest hurdle is, as it's always been, beating the teams we should beat. Detroit, Chicago, Philly, San Diego and Oakland are going to be those swing games that we have to look at. Like losing to Carolina, St. Louis and blowing the Giants game this past season. All very winnable games.

Our biggest hurdle is, as it's always been, beating the teams we should beat. Detroit, Chicago, Philly, San Diego and Oakland are going to be those swing games that we have to look at. Like losing to Carolina, St. Louis and blowing the Giants game this past season. All very winnable games.

It's the Snyder curse that continues to dog us. Even if he no longer does.

Hail.

I also have us going backwards record wise next year, whilst still retaining the division by virtue of the state of the other three chumps.

Hail.

What we will have next year and more importantly what our team will have next year is belief. They now know they can win and beat good teams. Last year, they thought they could, but I think it really does make a difference when you can look back and say... yeah, this team has done it before and we can do it again. It gives you an extra little kick.

They don't have to cross mountains that are quite as steep.

That probably doesn't matter all that much, but it may just provide one extra spark when things are looking rough.

Well, we have all offseason to ponder record predictions which hinge on so much and not just our team.

Who's to say somebody that we circle as a loss on the schedule now does not get bit by the injury bug that has seemed to haunt us for so many years?

Winning the division in the fashion they won it has me feeling perhaps this franchise's run of snakebit seasons is at an end. So many ridiculously bad streaks ended this season and I can finally believe that this team will perform big in big moments.

Thanksgiving Day - on the road, short week, no problem, waste the Cowboys.

Monday Night - contention for the NFC East title on the line and a chance to extend the season, come from behind, beat the Giants ending the game in victory formation.

Sunday Night - NFC East title on the line, bitter rival, take care of business and send the Cowboys packing.

These are wins that build character and instill confidence. Winning breeds winning and belief that you are supposed to win. RGIII and Alfred Morris know that they are supposed to win the division.

Yes, Burgold, you and I on the same page, I was just so busy typing my diatribe that I did not see you hit on the same point.

What we will have next year and more importantly what our team will have next year is belief. They now know they can win and beat good teams. Last year, they thought they could, but I think it really does make a difference when you can look back and say... yeah, this team has done it before and we can do it again. It gives you an extra little kick.

They don't have to cross mountains that are quite as steep.

That probably doesn't matter all that much, but it may just provide one extra spark when things are looking rough.

This is another reason I both rely on and value your reply's man.

Your the gentile optimist whilst maintaining realism to my cautious pragmatism. Or something like that, smiles.

Hail.

You know who else didn't have a championship defense?

The Baltimore Ravens.

And statistically, the Giants the year before that. Packers too.

The game done changed. There are few even 1991 Skins defensive squads out there. They are ALL vulnerable and the last SEVERAL YEARS should be teaching us that who is winning the SB is often more dependent on the right guys getting hot at the right time and simply believing it's their year. Flacco still is not elite to me, but he at least turned it on more when it mattered and had enough help from elite players to get over the top. I believe RG3 is a better and more significant player and IF he can return to form (or simply be an even better passer, even if he's reduced 10 percent) then there's no reason our D isn't as good as these others.

I mean, the only reason we didn't head to Atlanta was RG3's injury. the D held as long as they could.

2010 Packers had the #2 scoring defense.

If RG3 had stayed 100% healthy, the Redskins might have messed around and won the freaking superbowl this year, seriously.

The only thing that stopped the Redskins since November was a knee. Hello? people are like 'eh, 7-0, sure that's pretty cool'. Why does 11-0 seem like it would have been so out of reach, we were EMBARRASSING the Seahawks until the knee came back.

I remember saying, while the score was 14-0, the Redskins are currently the best team in the NFC, period. The hardest to stop, the most explosive. The knee happens, the offensive aspect was more or less REMOVED from the game and it STILL took Seattle till the 4th quarter to win. I was saying the Redskins could easily beat anyone in the NFC, get to the Superbowl, and I wasn't so confident about a matchup with the Pats or Broncos. And there you go, it's the Ravens, who we beat already. Let's not act like it was THAT out of reach last year, and let's not act like we're suddenly going to be 'lucky to make the playoffs' just because RG3's recovery is a grey area. (it always is, for any player).

Besides, this team, minus RG3 does not = 2011 Redskins. And not just because of Rex Grossman either, it is a completely different team now, a different culture, a different attitude, and more importantly, our offense is very confident.

How can you say the #1 rushing attack in the league would be 'lucky to make the playoffs, let alone a super bowl', I mean it's not that crazy at all. Bring RG3 back and it's over.

2012 proves that, if you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

The 49ers have a lot of talent just entering their prime. If Kap had never come along, Alex Smith might have ultimately been their ceiling preventing them from getting over the hump.

The 49ers biggest need is going to be to replace Gore in the next season or two.

If the 'Skins start going to the playoffs regularly, the 'Skins/49ers mini-playoff rivalry from the 80's/early 90's could be back.

2012 proves that, if you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 12:41 AM ----------

The 49ers have a lot of talent just entering their prime. If Kap had never come along, Alex Smith might have ultimately been their ceiling preventing them from getting over the hump.

The 49ers biggest need is going to be to replace Gore in the next season or two.

If the 'Skins start going to the playoffs regularly, the 'Skins/49ers mini-playoff rivalry from the 80's/early 90's could be back.

This is truth....HTTR

---------- Post added February-5th-2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

Super Bowl is taking it a little far. I'm still not sold on the defense being a championship defense. I think they'll be about the same, in that 10-6 range.

I think we improve drastically on defense next year. We started figuring it out late without key pieces. Safety position will be addressed, I assure you of that. The CB's will be improved. Our D-line and linebackers will be better. I'm probably nuts, but I think the D will be markedly better. HTTR

---------- Post added February-5th-2013 at 09:14 PM ----------

Super Bowl is taking it a little far. I'm still not sold on the defense being a championship defense. I think they'll be about the same, in that 10-6 range.

I think we improve drastically on defense next year. We started figuring it out late without key pieces. Safety position will be addressed, I assure you of that. The CB's will be improved. Our D-line and linebackers will be better. I'm probably nuts, but I think the D will be markedly better. :logo: HTTR

I also have us going backwards record wise next year, whilst still retaining the division by virtue of the state of the other three chumps. Everything fell this past year and we rode that momentum to one HELL of a season that NOBODY was expecting this time last year, whatever they now say. But a combination of some gutless **** in NY and a defense that will eventually catch-up, no matter how good the dude in the 10 shirt will continue to be; will have us coming up just short for another year. But with another solid draft, and another years experience for the younger guys together, 2013 will be another major step on the road to getting back to where we all so crave to be.

And with a full FA to come in 2014, another full draft; and Robert and the guys entering year three ..... watch out NFL. We want our Lombardi back!

Hail.

I'm 23 too though and have grown up with the Redskins being mediocre and when they DO go the playoffs they usually don't do anything the next season. Also a lot of college friends are Ravens fans (no trash talk besides when we play each other, some actually told me they think the Redskins trip to the Lombardi is coming soon).

My prediction is just based on pure heartbreak of putting my heart and soul into this team and the best I get out of the season is being able to say we beat the Super Bowl champs. It sucks and I wish I could've been a little older to remember the 1991 Super Bowl run. I want to see this team turn around so bad and continuously in the playoffs but the past keeps me from thinking that way and to be honest Shanahan and RGIII worry me with all this talk about playing in the season opener rather than making sure the knee is fully healed.

If someone would like to help me out get over this heartbreak I am feeling I'd appreciate it. :) Especially seeing Ravens fans badmouthing the team and saying they will never win another ring and that I should just root for the Ravens as they will continue making it to the AFC Championship game.

Sorry for the long and personal post. I'm just really frustrated with all this Ravens talk.

I think this upcoming season will be a bit back down to earth and we could see a little regression, I think most things in life operate in crests and troughs.

I said it during our 7 game winning streak, this team can hang with anyone, any team in the league we can at least go toe to toe with and have a chance at beating. There is no possible matchup that makes me assume automatic loss anymore, because we are competitive with any team now. Ravens winning the superbowl and us knocking off a lot of quality teams in must win situations has proved this. Redskins going to the superbowl isn't as farfetched as it once was, I think there's at least a sliver of hope that it could happen, we have a lot of question marks and we still have holes needing to be filled.

I wouldn't put money on us going to the super bowl in any year really, although I am very cautiously optimistic about this team now.

Possibly but for different reasons. A healthy Rak, Carriker, and some real safeties gets us 3-4 more wins. But add in the tougher schedule. I like us for 2 more wins 12-4. I don't see any reason why NFC championship game isn't a realistic goal.

We would have won the SB THIS year if RG3 didn't get hurt. None of the other teams in the playoffs frightened me a bit. The question is what other steps teams will make, will Kaep take a step forward and get even better, will some team or player decline or have a bad off year..hard to guess.

If I HAD to guess though, I'd say that the Packers are done for a one to two year period.

Archived