Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn: first take Skip Bayless put redskins 2nd in most likely to win Super Bowl in 2013

x96bryan10

I think we will regress to the mean next year. 4-6 wins next year. :(

if bob is back in any form, 8-8

How do you figure that?

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 08:41 AM ----------

I think they go 9-7 next season

Losses:

Packers

Bears/Detroit <--- This will be the game they should win but don't

Giants

49ers

Falcons

Bronco's

Vikings

Beat:

Chiefs

Chargers

Chargers

Raiders

Lions

Cowboys (2x)

Eagles (2x)

Giants

So to summerize your predictions, you are saying that the 2012 Washington Redskins.... were a complete fraud.

You have them losing to all the 'contenders' they will face in 2013 (Broncos, Vikings, 49ers, Packers, Falcons; splitting with the Giants) and beating only the 'pretenders' and average teams (I put Dallas with the 'average' teams till they show otherwise).

You are saying that all the progress we saw this year was just a mirage, that we aren't up there with the better teams, and we will be the 'same old Redskins' next season (even with a healthy RG3).

Did I capture your predictions accurately? And why do you feel this way?

I'll consider us fortunate if we get back to the playoffs.

Robert's knee in question, a brutal schedule, we're now on everyone's radar, teams have a full offseason to study our offense. The Giants and Saints are sure to bounce back.

Winning the NFC East/a wild card is not a foregone conclusion just cause we pulled it together this year.

So true a word, or words, have never been spoken.

After going to New Orleans and beating the Saints at the beginning of the year, it seemed that the Skins had the mentality that they would just touchdown at St. Louis airport and they would win, without stepping on the field against the Rams. [that still bothers the **** outta me ].

Mike needs to have them on their toes from day one of TC, and get it in their heads that they got a taste of what success was like, and even though the fans and media was all over RGIII and the Skins this past year, that was last year. This year it all about 'taking care of business'...

How do you figure that?

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 08:41 AM ----------

So to summerize your predictions, you are saying that the 2012 Washington Redskins.... were a complete fraud.

You have them losing to all the 'contenders' they will face in 2013 (Broncos, Vikings, 49ers, Packers, Falcons; splitting with the Giants) and beating only the 'pretenders' and average teams (I put Dallas with the 'average' teams till they show otherwise).

You are saying that all the progress we saw this year was just a mirage, that we aren't up there with the better teams, and we will be the 'same old Redskins' next season (even with a healthy RG3).

Did I capture your predictions accurately? And why do you feel this way?

To be fair, everyone though the same thing coming in to this year about the Lions, they had finally taken that next step and had a young agreesive defense and explosive offense. They stumbled out of the gate and couldn't put it together all season.

With Griffin being slated to be ready in the absolute final hours heading into the season, its not a stretch to say that we have a set back. Every year there are at least 2-4 teams it seems that make the playoffs that didn't the year before. That is the NFL today. Those are really good/great teams he has us losing to. I don't really see how it makes this past season a mirage.

Outside of our division wins we beat Saints, Vikings, Bucs, Browns and Ravens. Not exactly a murderers row.

If RG3 had stayed 100% healthy, the Redskins might have messed around and won the freaking superbowl this year, seriously.

The only thing that stopped the Redskins since November was a knee. Hello? people are like 'eh, 7-0, sure that's pretty cool'. Why does 11-0 seem like it would have been so out of reach, we were EMBARRASSING the Seahawks until the knee came back.

I remember saying, while the score was 14-0, the Redskins are currently the best team in the NFC, period. The hardest to stop, the most explosive. The knee happens, the offensive aspect was more or less REMOVED from the game and it STILL took Seattle till the 4th quarter to win. I was saying the Redskins could easily beat anyone in the NFC, get to the Superbowl, and I wasn't so confident about a matchup with the Pats or Broncos. And there you go, it's the Ravens, who we beat already. Let's not act like it was THAT out of reach last year, and let's not act like we're suddenly going to be 'lucky to make the playoffs' just because RG3's recovery is a grey area. (it always is, for any player).

Besides, this team, minus RG3 does not = 2011 Redskins. And not just because of Rex Grossman either, it is a completely different team now, a different culture, a different attitude, and more importantly, our offense is very confident.

How can you say the #1 rushing attack in the league would be 'lucky to make the playoffs, let alone a super bowl', I mean it's not that crazy at all. Bring RG3 back and it's over.

This. Honestly I don't get the pessimism from some of you guys. Sure RGIII may not start, but we have an out of this world running game and Cousins has proven you can't dismiss him. Our D, baring injuries (and we can say this for any other team) will be solid with a few pieces. I would have to be a very very unfortunate year for us to go less than 10-6.

As "Dirt" wrote above does anyone honestly believe we wouldn't have a chance at the SB this year if we were as healthy as the SeaHawks or the 49ers? Honestly I just don't see how they could have beaten us with a healthy RGIII, Orakpo, Davis, Merriweather, Carriker, Helu.

the thing is... EVERYBODY only looks at the Skins as having the potential to change (for better or worse) next season...its human nature. at the begining of THIS past season, everybody would've thought the Lions and Bears and Chargers and probably the Cowturds and Eagles as very good up-and-coming teams, and the vikings and perhaps teh broncos as flotsom to be scraped off of shoes...

there have been lots of changes, and at least ONE, probably more, of those bad teams will be a happy surprise (for their fans, not for their opponents), and and at least several of the powerhouses will struggle.

I think they go 9-7 next season

Losses:

Packers

Bears/Detroit <--- This will be the game they should win but don't

Giants

49ers

Falcons

Bronco's

Vikings

Beat:

Chiefs

Chargers

Chargers

Raiders

Lions

Cowboys (2x)

Eagles (2x)

Giants

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 04:08 PM ----------

you gotta asses the skins, and the skins moves, and the skins health.. and if THEY take care of business, the rest of the league can bow and kowtow before the revealed excelence :)

This. Honestly I don't get the pessimism from some of you guys.

They do it so if the team exceeds their expectations, they can say "wow" didn't see that coming and to temper their disappointment if we do regress, they can say, "well, I knew it." Psychological warfare with their own mind. Eff it. I've already predicted 11 wins for next year. It's time for this team. Griffin will 100% by opening day and we'll win 11 games.

Robert Griffin's leadership, accountability and willingness to win at all costs- made a huge impact on the players-who learned how to win! So, while Griffin rehabs, Cousins will lead the offense with Fred Davis back in the lineup and the defense will be stronger with the return two starters. Orakpo and Kerrigan will be reunited. And when RGIII returns he will be stronger and smarter. I see no reasons to be pessimistic. HTTR!

Whether he is saying good things about the Redskins or bad things Skip Bayless does not have a clue what he is talking about and should be ignored.
Whether he is saying good things about the Redskins or bad things Skip Bayless does not have a clue what he is talking about and should be ignored.

Nobody in the media blows more smoke up peoples azzes than Skip Bayless.

Funny, I finally figured out how the frustratingly mediocre Laron Landry actually made the pro bowl this year (sort of). FOUR FORCED FUMBLES. Four times, Larons tackles that probably still allowed first down yardage; his celebration didn't look ridiculous because the ball hit the ground. Hooray!

I used to defend him a lot man, but what a tool. This is exactly why he is not playing for Mike Shannahan. Shanny doesn't want the kind of person who's going to be all sour grapes about his previous team an entire year later. On a day when he's going around staying he wants to stay with the Jets, as if he's moved on...nope, still being a ***** about it.

To be fair, everyone though the same thing coming in to this year about the Lions, they had finally taken that next step and had a young agreesive defense and explosive offense. They stumbled out of the gate and couldn't put it together all season.

With Griffin being slated to be ready in the absolute final hours heading into the season, its not a stretch to say that we have a set back. Every year there are at least 2-4 teams it seems that make the playoffs that didn't the year before. That is the NFL today. Those are really good/great teams he has us losing to. I don't really see how it makes this past season a mirage.

Outside of our division wins we beat Saints, Vikings, Bucs, Browns and Ravens. Not exactly a murderers row.

His prediction doesn't say "set-back'. It says this team's success was phony.

The Saints and Bucs were better than their record. The Vikings went to the playoffs and the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

No, not exactly murderers row, but not skid row, either.

---------- Post added February-6th-2013 at 06:34 PM ----------

They do it so if the team exceeds their expectations, they can say "wow" didn't see that coming and to temper their disappointment if we do regress, they can say, "well, I knew it." Psychological warfare with their own mind. Eff it. I've already predicted 11 wins for next year. It's time for this team. Griffin will 100% by opening day and we'll win 11 games.

That's true. I also put it down to fear of success.

Many fans (mostly the younger ones that weren't around or were too young for Gibbs 1.0) have gotten used to the Redskins years of underachieving and mediocrity.

They felt they understood what it was to emotionally invest in their favorite team. Then along comes Shanahan, who brings in RG3, and EVERYTHING changes. Sure we had success here with Gibbs 2.0, but those teams were by no means, powerhouses.

With RG3, this team has shown it can be a very explosive, dangerous offense. We get back our injured players back on defense and add a couple of pieces and we may be able to beat any team in the NFL in 2013.

I think that kind of emotional investment in a team like that is new to them, and it worries them. I'm not saying that they hope we fall off. I feel that, with their predictions, they are simply running back to their comfort zones. :)

Archived