Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE Official Star Wars EPVII The Force Awakens Thread

codeorama

This woman was actually being serious. She thinks the Star Wars franchise is very racist. 

whatever, just shows anyone can be offended about anything. 

In fact I remember when Pat Robertson and this other obese woman on the christian channel were offended by the Harry Potter series because of the withcraft or something. 

I was living in the bible belt at the time the movies and books came out. 

Fun times

I remember first hearing it in Chasing Amy - the gay black dude pretending to be angry afro-american activist.

And that was played for laughs.

This is almost a fire-breathing offense just for the stupidity fact alone.

This woman was actually being serious. She thinks the Star Wars franchise is very racist.

In fact I remember when Pat Robertson and this other obese woman on the christian channel were offended by the Harry Potter series because of the withcraft or something.

Fun times

But it's so ridiculous, it's not even worth our attention beyond laughing at the hilarity of it.

Fun times

I don't doubt she is. But she's taken a comedy bit and made it serious...

Fun times

When I lived in Norfolk, I had a friend whose parents forbid him to watch any Star Trek, because of McCoy's line "According to myth, the Earth was created in six days". 

After much inner turmoil, I've decided to go see the movie Friday at 10am. There is just too great a chance to get spoiled. I was going to wait a week or so hoping things would calm down, but I just feel with the Internet the way it is getting spoiled is just too great a chance. I haven't been to the movies since the Dark Knight Rises. Really wish you could just pay 30 bucks and watch it at home but it is what it is. I figure with kids at school and people at work, we won't have to get to the theatre too early to get a seat.

After much inner turmoil, I've decided to go see the movie Friday at 10am. There is just too great a chance to get spoiled. I was going to wait a week or so hoping things would calm down, but I just feel with the Internet the way it is getting spoiled is just too great a chance. I haven't been to the movies since the Dark Knight Rises. Really wish you could just pay 30 bucks and watch it at home but it is what it is. I figure with kids at school and people at work, we won't have to get to the theatre too early to get a seat.

You'll probably wind up standing in line next to four nerds who are there for their second showing, and want to discuss the movie.

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go

I wanna be sedated

Nothing to do, no where to go o,

I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the cinema, put me in a seat

Hurry hurry hurry, before I get popcorn n treats

I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain

Oh no oh oh oh oh

:)

MSNBC Host: 'Star Wars' Is Racist Because Darth Vader Is Black

The countdown is on for the seventh installment of the "Star Wars" movie franchise, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," and one MSNBC host isn't particularly excited. On her show on Sunday, Melissa Harris-Perry asserted that "Star Wars" is racist.

She explained that when iconic villain Darth Vader was in his black costume and voiced by African American actor James Earl Jones, "he was terrible and bad and awful and used to cut off white men's hands, and didn't, you know, actually claim his son.

Kevin Smith did it better

You'll probably wind up standing in line next to four nerds who are there for their second showing, and want to discuss the movie.

Oh they will get a very large angry viking to tell them in, no uncertain terms, to STFU, if I run into that.

Read some of the reviews, one reviewer called it "too long" Still at 94 on the tomato meter.

I gotta feeling there's gonna be some serious disappointment around these parts.

I am just expecting disappointment so then I can hope to be pleasantly surprised.  It worked for the new mad max so hopefully it will work here.  Going into the movie thinking that essentially history is being written in front of my very eyes as to what is "canon" in one of the largest IPs ever is way too much pressure for this movie to surpass. 

Archived