Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

He has good size for a center , Matthews (6-3, 302) appeared in 14 games for the titans. with Montgomery as the starter, I'd say he's (Matthews) more than camp fodder, He'll make the team.

So I assume he can play some guard as well? I doubt they'd keep a guy strictly as backup center.

My buddy Scott Jackson from "Inside the Locker Room" on espn980 tweets:

Scott Jackson ‏@JacksonSports now 2-4pm @LockerRoom980 #Redskins Mount Rushmore, #Nationals with @ZuckermanCSN 230pm, Josh Cribbs a Redskin? #Capitals with Joe Beninati 330pm

So what exactly is the deal with Josh Cribbs? I haven't followed the Browns (obviously) that much over the years, so it seemed to me like he was beasting for them one minute, then then all of a sudden he's gone. IIRC didn't he have multiple concussions? Maybe that had something to do with it.

We need a dynamic playmaker out there in the return game. I thought I was gonna have to pull out my own teeth watching Niles Paul field kickoffs. Speaking of Niles Paul...he could be the odd man out if Cribbs comes to town. I don't think we carry four TEs...and if Sleepy is healthy, I think we roll with Sleepy/Reed/Paulsen. He might be gone even if Cribbs goes elsewhere.

Niles Paul is our top special teamer even if Cribbs signs. D Brizcoe would be the odd man out.

I agree that Niles Paul is a good special teams player, but I still think his time here is limited. I think they moved him to TE to try and find a way to justify his spot on the roster. I'm not saying that I want him gone, I just think it is a possibility. I think Briscoe is gone no matter what. We might be better off trying to groom a UDFA WR.

Are we one of the 3? Hope so....

"RapSheet: When Josh Cribbs visited #Raiders on Mon, he passed a physical for his knee. They extended a contract offer. But 3 other teams interested"

--http://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/332270905906565123

I agree that Niles Paul is a good special teams player, but I still think his time here is limited. I think they moved him to TE to try and find a way to justify his spot on the roster. I'm not saying that I want him gone, I just think it is a possibility. I think Briscoe is gone no matter what. We might be better off trying to groom a UDFA WR.

Now that Alexander is gone, we need Paul to step up and be that Special teams monster. I dont think Paul is a goner.

I think Niles days as a TE are numbered anyway. With them drafting Reed, I think he competes at WR again. He is very valuable on STs, so I think Briscoe would be the odd man out. Wouldn't mind Cribbs comiing here.

And to BigMase76, please don't take this personally as I've seen other clamor for the same thing. But why do our fans put such a premium on an UDFA becoming a starter? He'll be lucky to make the PS. It is very rare that an UDFA would make a huge impact on a team. It does happen, but as of now, Nixon is at the bottom of the depth chart. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the guy to develop into an all-pro linemen for 10+ years, but I'm not sure I'll be openly rooting for the guy. I see Nixon's name thrown around alot, but I don't know alot about him as I don't follow many players in college ball, even though I watch alot of college football.

Archived