Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

Dolphins signing Tyson Clabo RT to a one year deal.

That market for Winston is drier than happy hour at the Betth Ford Center about now. Hope he enjoys sitting out the season rather than playing for less than $3-4million

Wow...what a year for bargains. I would love to cut the junk at RT that we signed and have Winston come on for a cheap 1 year deal.

Wow...what a year for bargains. I would love to cut the junk at RT that we signed and have Winston come on for a cheap 1 year deal.

Or before you do that, you could ask why Winston is still available if he is so great....

Winston needs to swallow his pride and take whatever he can get, but he doesn't realize that right and come TC time maybe he'll come to his senses. Right now he still thinks he can command big money which isn't happening.

Or before you do that, you could ask why Winston is still available if he is so great....

I know why...it's b/c he thinks he's worth a big contract. This was a weird free agency period, a lot of cheap 1 year deals in hopes of cashing in next year with a bigger cap. There's nothing wrong with his game, he's a pretty good RT imo

I know why...it's b/c he thinks he's worth a big contract. This was a weird free agency period, a lot of cheap 1 year deals in hopes of cashing in next year with a bigger cap. There's nothing wrong with his game, he's a pretty good RT imo

Who'll be on his third team in 3 years for a RT in his prime. There's gotta be something going on with that.

---------- Post added May-5th-2013 at 02:40 PM ----------

My buddy played golf with Jammer this past weekend and he declined the skins offer b/c he wanted to stay close to his kids lol

That seems reasonable.

Who'll be on his third team in 3 years for a RT in his prime. There's gotta be something going on with that.

Yeah, something's up. Just not sure what, lingering health issue, attitude, something.....but something has to be up with his talent to be having this much trouble getting a job.

As others have said, if he is so good, then why has he been cut twice in two years? Apparently he sucks at pass protection but is really good at run blocking. Isn't this exactly the type of RTs we already have on the roster? Just because it's a big name doesn't mean he will make our team any better.

I just want Winston off the market before June 1. If Winston is still sitting there, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will cut Free and use some of their 7M in savings to sign Winston. If Winston is gone they pretty much have to keep Free and his massive contract, or downgrade the position further (if that's even possible).

Clabo going off the market is good news in terms of that.

The fact that he still hasn't found a team yet leads me to believe he's unwilling to compromise which leads me to believe it's attitude.

that would be my guess.

Pride is a hard thing to deal with in the late 20's and early 30's. If DeAngelo Hall can knuckle up and accept it (even though he was cut first) Winston should be able to.

I just want Winston off the market before June 1. If Winston is still sitting there, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will cut Free and use some of their 7M in savings to sign Winston. If Winston is gone they pretty much have to keep Free and his massive contract, or downgrade the position further (if that's even possible).

Clabo going off the market is good news in terms of that.

I thought teams could cut players at any point under new CBA and just designate it as a June 1st cut. Hopefully, Dallas is still asleep at the wheel in either regard.

It would not be smart for Winston to take an inferior deal at the moment. Smartest thing he could do right now is to wait for a team to panic (very likely) and offer him decent money and if no one panics, he can still do the 1 year vet minimum deal (he's got till July, maybe August).

It would not be smart for Winston to take an inferior deal at the moment. Smartest thing he could do right now is to wait for a team to panic (very likely) and offer him decent money and if no one panics, he can still do the 1 year vet minimum deal (he's got till July, maybe August).

Yeah he is probably banking on a team having a key injury and desperately come running to him with the money.

I thought teams could cut players at any point under new CBA and just designate it as a June 1st cut. Hopefully, Dallas is still asleep at the wheel in either regard.

You can only have one player cut before June 1 and designate them a June 1st cut, I believe.

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:28 PM ----------

Just asking the question. Do we or do we not try to sign Kluwe?

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft 29m

So long, Minnesota, and thanks for all the fish!

Can he kickoff?

You can only have one player cut before June 1 and designate them a June 1st cut, I believe.

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:28 PM ----------

Can he kickoff?

He sure does.

Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast now Redskins could extend Brian Orakpo http://es.pn/ZLpfqS

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:46 PM ----------

He sure does.

Sign me up! Though Sav moonlights as a boozing bouncer... I think Kluwe moonlights as a male model. Interesting shift, lol.

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 12:46 PM ----------

Sign me up! Though Sav moonlights as a boozing bouncer... I think Kluwe moonlights as a male model. Interesting shift, lol.

The only thing that might keep the Skins from persuing Kluwe might be Rocca is guaranteed a $325,000 signing bonus over the 2 year deal he signed. I think someone will pick up Kluwe pretty fast thought.

Lots of teasing on a 'Rak extension.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 now Joining the "Sports Fix" live on @ESPNRadio980 from the @rak98 @LLSNatCap event to talk all things #Redskins & is an extension in the works?

---------- Post added May-6th-2013 at 01:04 PM ----------

The only thing that might keep the Skins from persuing Kluwe might be Rocca is guaranteed a $325,000 signing bonus over the 2 year deal he signed. I think someone will pick up Kluwe pretty fast thought.

I like Sav and he's been an under rated punter. As far as Kai goes, I'm confident that with a full offseason of practicing kickoffs (something he hasn't been asked to do until now) he'll be fine. Kids got a leg. Just needs to perfect that piece, by preferably booming them out of the end zone.

I'm trying to remember who they cut, but I know they did make some moves to get under the cap earlier.

I feel like if they could have cut Free and replaced him with Clabo or Winston, they'd have done so a long time ago. I have a sneaking, but unfounded, suspicion that the Cowboys have a handshake deal with Winston that if he's still on the market come June 1, they'll cut Free and throw Winston a contract, probably something like 2 years, 8M.

Archived