Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

If we signed Winston or Lynch,we would have to cut one of 18 UDFA.

Also we have to cut one of them every time we sign a draft pick or a try out to the 90. We had 72 on roster going in to draft.

We would definitely find someone to cut if Winston were to sign here.

If we signed Winston or Lynch,we would have to cut one of 18 UDFA.

Also we have to cut one of them every time we sign a draft pick or a try out to the 90. We had 72 on roster going in to draft.

I don't think we actually have 18, Rich Tandler reported that people were counting visits as signings, but that the most we could sign would be 11 UDFAs.

Now, I'm not sure if that 11 is a limit on UDFAs, or the number to get our roster to 90. Looking at wikipedia (which keeps a surprisingly well updated roster), they've got the 7 draft picks and 6 UDFAs listed, with our roster sitting at 77 guys currently with 7 unsigned, so 84 guys total.

My guess is, if we still wanted Lynch, we could sign him, and even if we had to cut somebody, there's a few bodies we could cut without being too concerned.

OK catch me up. Have we been at all linked to Winston or is this baseless speculation?

Just baseless as far as I've read. Only team i've heard him linked to again is Miami. Just saying if we signed someone like him or Lynch that one of the UDFA would probably be the one to go. Wouldn't surprise me if FA signings are done.

OK catch me up. Have we been at all linked to Winston or is this baseless speculation?

Winston was making a visit to the Titans today as per a link on twitter. I think all the speculation is fan based, I have seen nothing that links us with him that comes from a coach or someone with access.

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 04:48 PM ----------

Cut white sign Tim tebow?

Don't even go there.

I'd be surprised at a Lynch signing at this point. While the drafted guys are unproven, our safety situation is pretty crowded at this point. Meriweather, Reed, Gomes, Tanard, Bernstine, Rambo, Thomas.

I'd say its more likely we add Jammer or another CB for depth. If Hall or Wilson get hurt, we're pretty thin there with only Biggers, Crawford and Amerson backing them up.

I'd rather have Lynch than Tanard or Gomes. Really think we can part ways with Jackson after the draft with Rambo and Thomas coming in. If we are talking strictly depth and a spot start if needed...yeah definitely

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 06:16 PM ----------

Oh God, its started... Lol

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 06:16 PM ----------

Oh God, its started... Lol

I was looking at the list of available free agents and the only players that interested me at all were Eric Winston & Tyson Clabo (not going to happen), Karlos Dansby (would cost to much and wouldn't want to be a backup), Quentin Jammer (I think he will be brought in before training camp) and Austin Collie, Ramses Barden and I can't believe I'm saying this but Brandon Lloyd (Collie looked good with Peyton but he is propably done due to injuries, Barden played well when given a chance by the Giants and maybe Lloyd has matured and would resond better to this coaching staff compared to when he was here before). I don't really think we need much of anything though, just health!

*sigh*

The whole point of signing Pat White was to have a very cheap camp body who could effectively run the read-option and whom could be easily cut when RG3 is healthy.

There's...there's no upside to signing Tim Tebow. The only thing he does is bring ESPN cameras to Redskins Park. We've had two years now where the players have remarked how refreshing it is to not have to deal with any drama, and just focus on football. You are being, to say the very least, incredibly, incredibly naive if you think that we can sign TIm Tebow and effectively contain the extra level of drama he brings to the team. And this is not a normal "Mike Shanahan doesn't care about the media" situation.

We are not the Jets. We are not so naive as to think that you can sign one of the most polarizing figures in sports and be able to hide him away and hope the media gets bored. Mind you, this is the same group of media personalities who would scream that Mike was rushing RG3 back if RG3 lightly stubs his toe on a desk at Redskins Park and then went on to practice the next day.

To make matters worse, Tebow is not a practice player. Everyone knows this. Everyone also knows that Mike is a stickler for perfection and that he wants to have practices where the ball doesn't hit the ground. Cofield talked about how after the bye week, Mike would have them run the same plays over and over and over again until they got it right. You're not going to get quality reps from Tim Tebow. And given how close we are to the cap and the fact that whie he'll be relatively cheap he'd probably be too rich for our blood...just no. And the immediate discussion over whether Tebow or Cousins should really be the back-up...just...just no. No.

No. Just no. There is not one good reason why we should sign Tim Tebow. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Zippo. Nada.

Archived