Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Packers announce contract extension for QB Aaron Rodgers. He's now highest paid player in NFL history

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 05:04 PM ----------

tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein

Rodgers deal with #Packers is five years, $110 million, highest salary in NFL history.

Thank you. Well, let's hope the Wilson haters tone it down after this. My boy just took a 50% haircut to bring in his own competition. I love this team.

This. Our boys are down for the cause. When I see stuff like this, it makes me truly grateful that our season went the way it did last year. With Snyder's itchy trigger finger...a few more in the L column after 3-6 and he might've blown our franchise back to the stone age. :)

I hope we go ahead and sign Lynch. However, after tonight I think we're gonna be selling some Rambo jerseys. Thanks again DC9 for all of your work in this thread. Real solid.

You know when Shanny said he was gonna build a monster in 5 years and everyone would look and say "that's how you ****ing do it"...I think he might've been right.

Well we knew Rodgers contract was coming. Wonder what the guaranteed money is

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 05:18 PM ----------

This. Our boys are down for the cause. When I see stuff like this, it makes me truly grateful that our season went the way it did last year. With Snyder's itchy trigger finger...a few more in the L column after 3-6 and he might've blown our franchise back to the stone age. :)

I hope we go ahead and sign Lynch. However, after tonight I think we're gonna be selling some Rambo jerseys. Thanks again DC9 for all of your work in this thread. Real solid.

You know when Shanny said he was gonna build a monster in 5 years and everyone would look and say "that's how you ****ing do it"...I think he might've been right.

Couldn't agree more. Also the mess and culture they inherited wasn't your typical bad team that needed a turnaround either. This was a cesspool of a franchise IMO which makes what has happened already even more impressive especially since he hasn't had a normal offseason yet. Can't wait to see the next couple years in action

HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7 26 Apr

Not sure but I will roll with Tyrann Or T.Williams RT @JDR70: @HTTR24_7 What's your prediction for #51 as of right now?

I've said I didn't want any part of the Honey Badger, but if our FO pulls the trigger I will support their decision. They've earned that from me. I still think I'd rather grab Williams...

Thank you. Well, let's hope the Wilson haters tone it down after this. My boy just took a 50% haircut to bring in his own competition. I love this team.

Why would we tone it down. He took a pay cut because the Skins know he's not worth 4 million a year. Wilson can say what ever he wants, but the Skins probably told him take pay cut or get cut. No one in there right mind is just going to give up 2 million dollars.

Why would we tone it down. He took a pay cut because the Skins know he's not worth 4 million a year. Wilson can say what ever he wants, but the Skins probably told him take pay cut or get cut. No one in there right mind is just going to give up 2 million dollars.

Tru dat and great timing by FO as they could say they are about to draft his replacement which hopefully theystill do

If we were going to cut Wilson we would've. We cut DeAngelo Hall didn't we?

---------- Post added April-27th-2013 at 12:30 AM ----------

Well played. And outside of High Schoolers bleaching their hair for team unity, I haven't a clue what the actual 50% hair cut will do in the NFL.

If we were going to cut Wilson we would've. We cut DeAngelo Hall didn't we?

---------- Post added April-27th-2013 at 12:30 AM ----------

Well played. And outside of High Schoolers bleaching their hair for team unity, I haven't a clue what the actual 50% hair cut will do in the NFL.

Hall was also cut for financial reasons too. Why would they cut Wilson if he takes the patchy they want him to take in the first place?

Hall was also cut for financial reasons too. Why would they cut Wilson if he takes the patchy they want him to take in the first place?

Why didn't they cut them both and have $12 mil in cap space? They would've cut him already if that was the plan. They obviously thought enough of him to keep him on the roster and not let him "test" the market, no?

Are you guys serious with some of these comments? lol

Why didn't they cut them both and have $12 mil in cap space? They would've cut him already if that was the plan. They obviously thought enough of him to keep him on the roster and not let him "test" the market, no?

Are you guys serious with some of these comments? lol

Wow, I must have been a little too tired to be able to write "patchy" when I meant "paycut". I'm trying to say that pretty much every player has the right price to be on a team. If you take a paycut for the right price then there's obviously no point in cutting the guy. You cut the guy if he's not willing to take the paycut.

I think your original point was that Wilson was making some sort of sacrifice for the team. To a very small extent that's true, but I think the bigger reason was the threat of the Redskins moving on if he didn't take the paycut. I'm not one of those that think Wilson is some kind of scrub. That's totally ridiculous and probably comes from some of the same people who were foaming at the mouth, hoping he'd sign here a few years back.

Wow, I must have been a little too tired to be able to write "patchy" when I meant "paycut". I'm trying to say that pretty much every player has the right price to be on a team. If you take a paycut for the right price then there's obviously no point in cutting the guy. You cut the guy if he's not willing to take the paycut.

I think your original point was that Wilson was making some sort of sacrifice for the team. To a very small extent that's true, but I think the bigger reason was the threat of the Redskins moving on if he didn't take the paycut. I'm not one of those that think Wilson is some kind of scrub. That's totally ridiculous and probably comes from some of the same people who were foaming at the mouth, hoping he'd sign here a few years back.

I was wondering what you meant by "patchy" :ols:...

I don't think most players takes a paycut out of fear of being unemployed. I'm sure Wilson could latch on to a number of teams for around the same money he's gonna be making this year playing for the Skins.

Let's face it, this all stems from the cap penalty and little else. The Skins wanted to keep the team together but couldn't afford it. The players wanted to stay together--they just won the NFC East together, afterall--but were told they couldn't do that without some higher paid players taking a hit (or a perceived hit, anyway).

Eric Winston would be heaven right now.

Just don't see it. We're bringing in tons of UDFA OT's and Shanahan said we solved our "depth needs" at the position in FA already, meaning the starter's on the roster.

Now that draft is over, who will be targeted to fill any remaining holes or for depth? Being that Wilson restructured, they must have someone in mind.

Jammer, Lynch maybe? Winston would make it move though...

Can't see us going Lynch after this draft, nor Jammer as we have so many DB bodies now to choose from we should be alright there. Hopefully we can use it on the draft picks and IR, PS and find a gem for ILB and/or OT/OL in the UDFA guys we signed.

Archived