Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook hates: Beer Snobs and Hipsters with their stupid goddamn IPAs

Westbrook36

:ols:

Just brewed my first IPA this afternoon, put in some chinook hops, and cascade up front, finished with the citra hops, i might even dry hop this bad mama jama to add more bitterness. Malts are for wangs who complain about to many hops.

Sipping on a Hoptimum while I type.

:pint:

:peaceout:

A beer that typically tastes much worse than regular beer but has a ton more alcohol. And is typically made by a small/family owned brewing company therefore making it "non-mainstream" compared to regular beers that are made by massive corporations. Which leads to hipsters loving IPAs.

Two Words Sierra Nevada, big brewery, lots of awesome beers, IMO they currently own the beer market. As a matter of fact, Sierra Nevada Pale might be the king of all beers in The United States.

Two Words Sierra Nevada, big brewery, lots of awesome beers, IMO they currently own the beer market. As a matter of fact, Sierra Nevada Pale might be the king of Micro Brews.

I can't stop buying their seasonal Celebration Ale right now. It fills my fridge on a weekly basis. Also, Hoptimum might be the best beer I've ever had.

I can't stop buying their seasonal Celebration Ale right now. It fills my fridge on a weekly basis. Also, Hoptimum might be the best beer I've ever had.

Hoptimum is soooooo bitter it rocks, have you tried Shlafly Tasmanian IPA? Galaxy hops, clear as glass, it's just an awesome beer, it makes me so HOPPY. :ols:

I brew my own beer, love IPA's, and think that most Eagle fans are asses. :cheers:
:ols:

Just brewed my first IPA this afternoon, put in some chinook hops, and cascade up front, finished with the citra hops, i might even dry hop this bad mama jama to add more bitterness. Malts are for wangs who complain about to many hops.

Sipping on a Hoptimum while I type.

:pint:

:peaceout:

Oh hell yes, there are other ES homebrewers!

:cheers:

Cheers gentlemen.

Wanna be a beer snob? Order any Belgian beer. That **** is terrible..

Really? Have you ever had Rochefort 8? One of my favorites.

Two Words Sierra Nevada, big brewery, lots of awesome beers, IMO they currently own the beer market. As a matter of fact, Sierra Nevada Pale might be the king of all beers in The United States.

Which one is this? I've had Sierra Nevada once, it was the lime green bottle, whichever one that was. I thought it was God awful, but so many people rave about the brand that I may have to give it another shot.

I'm not really sure how IPAs got equated with hipsters. That's a totally random ass thing Westbrook made up.
Because both hipsters and american pale ale spread from the west coast. ;)

I enjoy all types of beer, but Pale Ale is probably my least favorite. Its too hoppy. Sucks living here sometimes because there's friggin Pale Ale's up the wazoo. And evvvvvvery time someone wants to treat and bring some nice beer, they bring some elaborate IPA.

I'm 100% with Westbrook on this one.

IPAs make me want to vomit. I don't know many people that actually like them though. My favorites are nice wheat beers and a good lager.

I do like a large amount of German beers, but that's because the first real heavy beer drinking I did was in Munich and I acquired a taste for augustiner, franziskaner, weihenstephaner, and some others. Still, if I'm going out around here for a drink I'm likely to get a Sam Adams. The thing I guess one could call me a beer snob over is I would prefer to drink beer from a tap then in a bottle, but I'm pretty sure this is universal.

Really? Have you ever had Rochefort 8? One of my favorites.

Which one is this? I've had Sierra Nevada once, it was the lime green bottle, whichever one that was. I thought it was God awful, but so many people rave about the brand that I may have to give it another shot.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is my go to (12 pack cans for $13.99), if I feel like splurging, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum is a super hoppy bitter beer that is well worth the money. If you like Stouts try Narwhal Stout, very good stout.

Pale Ale Review couple thousand reviews and it still holds strong. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/276

Narwhal Review - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/86149

This one is for Westbrook since its super hoppy http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/55939

Celebration Ale is another one of their really good beers, http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/1904/?ba=DrinkMoreBigBeers

Miller Lite (Just Saying) http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/105/332

One more, if you like Stouts, this is my favorite stout of all time.

Goose Island Bourbon Island, 15% sipper, kick your teeth in flavor, just straight awesome. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/10672

I actually like Miller Lite every now and then, but the quality really is horrible. American Micro Brews are dominating the world right now, Eagles fans suck at good taste. :ols:

Yeah, privately owned business' marketing to people and making money on people with different tastes is stupid, take more jello shots. :ols:

yeah, the stupid, ridiculous names are completely necessary to achieve that. I remember when Yuengling was first named UFO witchcraft zebra. Good thing too, otherwise they wouldn't have made it.

and I didn't say don't make IPAs, I said it was an overhyped form of beer. But don't let that stop you from changing my actual argument

This dedicated hipster I know was drinking the DOGFISH HEAD 90 minute IMPERIAL IPA when we met up with him at a restaurant. Yes, the ever-so-popular "Ninety", as a lot of us snobs call it. We got to talking about the beer and I mentioned my favorite style currently was "barley wine". He responded, "ehh, I'm not so in to wine."

I let it go, in order to cherish the ignorance. *Stands up* I am a beer snob.

One thing I will point out, is that the snobbery is easily more rabid and vile from the big-corp zombies feeding the very commercials that interrupt our football games. I'm talking to you, Miller Light guzzlers. Yes, give to the corn water machine who interrupts this program. Any chance you get, crap all over small time businesses who have people hovering over the product. Because people who like that STUFF are (enter stereotype).

I get the hipster thing, it's okay with me, gives me a giggle, easy to let it go.

One thing I will point out, is that the snobbery is easily more rabid and vile from the big-corp zombies feeding the very commercials that interrupt our football games.

hates miller light because of commercials....plays black ops non stop.

Hipsters have had quite the journey over the last decade or so, first it was Guinness, then PBR, now IPAs?

I like a good IPA as much as the next guy, but wouldn't say it is necessarily my favorite. Anyone ever had Deschute's White IPA? I like just about every beer that Deschute's makes.

I am a big pumpkin ale guy, Shipyard's smashed pumpkin is amazing.

For the game tomorrow I will be enjoying a pint of Sam Adam's Merry Mischief Gingerbread stout.....is that hipster enough for ya? Haha.

Archived