Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Wow, Pete Prisco is an *******!

Riggo#44

I commented on Pete's Twitter. He posted: "@SI_JimTrotter @clarencehilljr It's called playing from the pocket. Last QB who ran around who won a Super Bowl was .. waiting?"

I replied: Young, Elway, & Rodgers

No no no. Those guys are white so they "extend plays with their legs". RG3 "runs around". :silly:

I don't get it.. some people just can't give RGIII and the Skins credit... They drool over the Giants but then we beat them and its spin time. Luck throws 3 picks and has a 1 to 1 turn over TD ratio and he is brilliant for coming back to win (even though in large part they had to come back because of those turn overs). RGIII and the Skins play a hard fought game. Smart play calling. Good throws/runs when needed and the talk is criticizing how we won?

Colin Cowherd who actually picked the Skins to win goes on and on how RGIII and this simplified Baylor offense will get figured out. I don't think he realizes that this pistol offense formation isn't much different than what has been ran for years. He also claims that our Defense is superior to that of the Colts lol. Im not making this into a Luck Vs RG comment.. but I just don't get why all people see are RGs runs? Do they close their eyes during all those deep passes?

Good points in here...Griffin is being used perfectly right now. Some of it is out of necessity because our OL can't just pass block for 4-5 seconds. As our OL improves, we can run a more traditional Shanahan offense. Having said that, we are running the same plays we ran last year, just from the pistol so I don't see why it HAS to change. I haven't seen one thing that Griffin can't do well. He struggles with accuracy OCCASIONALLY (like, 2x per game, if that) but who doesn't?

He's the complete package and I believe he can evolve with his skill set. Ten years from now, I think he can be a full-time pocket passer and be great at it. We're in great shape! Keeping picking against us Petey.

No no no. Those guys are white so they "extend plays with their legs". RG3 "runs around". :silly:

People forget Joe Montana was a very mobile guy who used his legs. When the 49ers beat Dan Marinos Dolphins in 1984 (I think it was) Montana ran for about 60 yards and a TD.

Good points in here...Griffin is being used perfectly right now. Some of it is out of necessity because our OL can't just pass block for 4-5 seconds. As our OL improves, we can run a more traditional Shanahan offense. Having said that, we are running the same plays we ran last year, just from the pistol so I don't see why it HAS to change. I haven't seen one thing that Griffin can't do well. He struggles with accuracy OCCASIONALLY (like, 2x per game, if that) but who doesn't?

He's the complete package and I believe he can evolve with his skill set. Ten years from now, I think he can be a full-time pocket passer and be great at it. We're in great shape! Keeping picking against us Petey.

Tell me one OL in the NFL that can pass block for 4-5 seconds?

Tell me one OL in the NFL that can pass block for 4-5 seconds?

NE. They can be up and down sometimes but when they're on they are on. I've seen Brady sit back there bouncing around for at least 4 or 5 seconds before passing the ball multiple times this year.

Im not making this into a Luck Vs RG comment.. but I just don't get why all people see are RGs runs? Do they close their eyes during all those deep passes?

I think some of it just comes down to straight up intellectual laziness. Some non Skins fans see (or hear about, as I've been convinced by comments from other fan bases that they haven't actually sat down and watched him play a game) a QB who is an extremely gifted athlete who is very fast and can pick up yards with his legs if need be and their brains immediately default to "Oh, a running QB. Been there, done that" without taking the time to see what a superb passer he is.

:ols: That's the straight up truth man. White quarterbacks who run are "scramblers" A black quarterback who runs is a "running QB"

Translate: Not smart enough to play "real QB" It's prejudice at it's worst.

Archived