Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Wow, Pete Prisco is an *******!

Riggo#44

Off Note:

Did Dan Snyder sleep with Prisco's mother and wife at the same time?

I think they are the same person ;)

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 12:31 PM ----------

His mother & wife are one in the same. :)

damn...didnt see this before I posted...

prisco is basing his opinion on the fact that RG3 can and does run well.

the problem with his opinion is this, the redskins have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL (in large part due to morris as well as RG3 himself). when you can run, you have less eye popping numbers passing. why try and throw it all over the place when you can run it well?

however, if youre trying to judge whether a QB is a good passer, rather than looking at the overall passing yard or TD leaders, he should look at how effective he is when he does pass- his average as opposed to total.

RG3 is one of the best in the league in yards per attempt, as well as key stats like comp %. (obviously, having a high comp % along with a high yards per pass in impressive) and TD/INT%.

in categories that rank how you actually throw when you do throw it, RG3s numbers are excellent.

:ols: That's the straight up truth man. White quarterbacks who run are "scramblers" A black quarterback who runs is a "running QB"

Translate: Not smart enough to play "real QB" It's prejudice at it's worst.

Yep--coded racism, basically. "Running QB" suggests that he doesn't have any brains and only possesses a pair of feet. Anyone aware of history knows that this perceived lack of intelligence has been used against black QBs for years.

Alot of you guys need to remember, the Skins used to be dominant.. And that domination draws lots of hate.. It gets swept under the rug as long as were stinking up the joint, but as soon as we show signs of life, it comes roaring back.. Just like we hate the Giants, Steelers, Patriots, etc.. The Skins used to be those guys, and appear to be heading back in that direction, so expect to hear/read more and more of it, cause it just means were returning to relevancy!! HAIL!!

Comments like that are for ignorant (not all) fans and journalists. Football people love seeing innovation, and opponents hate prepping for new stuff. The objective is to play well, not play the same.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 01:23 PM ----------

Yep--coded racism, basically. "Running QB" suggests that he doesn't have any brains and only possesses a pair of feet. Anyone aware of history knows that this perceived lack of intelligence has been used against black QBs for years.

Yeah, like that damn Eric Crouch!

Edit: "that" comment was in reference to Prisco, not what I quoted

What I find hilarious about this common opinion is the contradiction it presents. If a coaching staff doesn't adapt its offense, it's unimaginative and not creative. If it does, it's gimmicky. I think our offensive philosophy this year has been nothing short of brilliant. And Griffin is running it wonderfully.

Holy crap this couldn't be more spot on. First Shanahan is dubbed a rigid egomaniac that isn't capable of adapting to his players and now he is simply running on borrowed time with a gimmicky "college" offense that happens to fully utilize the talents of the team.

Seems like all mainstream sports commentary has been reduced to sound-byte opinion.

:ols: That's the straight up truth man. White quarterbacks who run are "scramblers" A black quarterback who runs is a "running QB"

Translate: Not smart enough to play "real QB" It's prejudice at it's worst.

If I were on twitter, I'd hit Prisco from that angle. It infuriates me to no end.

Comments like that are for ignorant (not all) fans and journalists. Football people love seeing innovation, and opponents hate prepping for new stuff. The objective is to play well, not play the same.

So you're denying the historical connection between lack of opportunity and perceived lack of intelligence amongst black QBs? Our very own Doug Williams was a great HS QB but wasn't recruited by any of the SEC schools. For years, black QBs were assumed to be too stupid to play the position. And RG3 is obviously a more complete QB than Eric Crouch, and yet people like Prisco are still more likely to compare him to Crouch than Rodgers. Reducing the abilities of black QBs to their "physical" abilities alone is very much problematic. That's just the undeniable truth.

What I find hilarious about this common opinion is the contradiction it presents. If a coaching staff doesn't adapt its offense, it's unimaginative and not creative. If it does, it's gimmicky. I think our offensive philosophy this year has been nothing short of brilliant. And Griffin is running it wonderfully.

Great point and one I have thought about too. McNabb said our Offense wouldn't work with a QBs strengths and Shanny would try to force their offense on a QB.. Its obvious that Shanny is working with what RGIII has to offer and also expand upon that. I call that very innovative. So other rookie QBs who are told to drop back and chuck it are praised when they throw just as many picks as TDs? It appears the Skins are in a no win situation for some with this.

So you're denying the historical connection between lack of opportunity and perceived lack of intelligence amongst black QBs? Our very own Doug Williams was a great HS QB but wasn't recruited by any of the SEC schools. For years, black QBs were assumed to be too stupid to play the position. And RG3 is obviously a more complete QB than Eric Crouch, and yet people like Prisco are still more likely to compare him to Crouch than Rodgers. Reducing the abilities of black QBs to their "physical" abilities alone is very much problematic. That's just the undeniable truth.

No, I'm making a joke.

Edit: "that" comment was in reference to Prisco, not what I quoted

Touche. Sorry!

Why? Why does he need to be a "real QB".

Where people saying that about Brady when the Patriots rolled out essentially the College Spread Offense up in New England during their undefeated season? Or is non-standard professional offensive styles only okay if it's predicated on pocket passing?

Hey Pete, until they can stop him from being a "fake QB" there's no reason he needs to focus on JUST being a "real QB". We're 3/4ths of a season in now and it's still going strong, and he's doing more and more "real QB" things every week and doing them exceptionally well.

Not a real QB = Tebow

A real QB = RG3

Pete Prisco just blocked me on Twitter. Ignoring the BS RGIII arguments altogether ... clearly he was hating on the Redskins to get a reaction. Then he got one ... and on Twitter, your going to get all kinds of responses. So, if you say this **** to get a reaction ... don't cry and whine about it like the Redskins fan base is terrible because they are unhappy with what you are saying.

Mitch Fortner ‏@MitchFortner21

@PriscoCBS I just read through your twitter & I was wondering. Are you excited to get your drivers license soon? BC you are a teenage girl.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@MitchFortner21 see ya

@MitchFortner21

@PriscoCBS hahahaha. "Redskins fans are so mean. I bash their first franchise QB in decades & they are being big meanies." Its Twitter bro.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@MitchFortner21 I didn't bash him and u are now blocked bro

You brought this on yourself Petey. Stop hatin.

Relax on Pete Prisco.

He's the only national reporter I actually stopped following. This clown is too stupid to adjust. He's one that thinks fans really really want an 18 game season.

He's completely out of touch and has no idea what color the sky is. Pay no mind to this complete and utter fool.

Not as long as we're winning he doesn't. I love that whole thing too. Real QB? You mean leading a team to wins?

He's been winning the way the defense gives it to him. Last night the gameplan was to run all over the Giants. If they can't stop us, why stop running? People need to learn to give praise when it's due.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

Nailed it. Always in the undertones, but most people don't see it. We studied it in the racism section of my Sport and the Media grad class.

Wow, I didn't think I'd see such bs from a guy in the national media. Eli had ONE game over 200 yards (it was 201 yards) as a rookie. Does he really want to talk about being a real qb? RG3 is averaging 222 yards through the air per game, add in another 60 yards on the ground per game. Eli, a real qb, is at 264 ypg in his 8th year in the league while passing about 9 more times per game.

@SI_JimTrotter He's good int he pocket off the read=option fakes. That stuff will go as he gets older.

Yeah, but for now and presumably the next EIGHT YEARS he'll still be able to do that, if not longer. Once we reach the point where that stuff no longer works, he'll be more than able to adjust, I'm sure. Of any scrambling qb in decades he is the most capable of transitioning to a pure pocket passer.

Found this off this on Deadspin. Bitter, bitter Giants fan Pete Prisco:

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/275826995118608384

Idiots like him and cowturd are trying to bait Kyle and RG III into playing their game. The fact is right now that no one has really been able to stop what they're doing. So until that day comes eff em all! Run that college offense all the way to the Super Bowl baby!

Also, contrast idiots like that to former players and coaches. Who all LOVE what the Redskins are doing. Cause they appreciate ingenuity. Cowturd, Prisco and others have tiny minds to match their tiny _ _ _ _'s!

Pete Prisco just blocked me on Twitter. Ignoring the BS RGIII arguments altogether ... clearly he was hating on the Redskins to get a reaction. Then he got one ... and on Twitter, your going to get all kinds of responses. So, if you say this **** to get a reaction ... don't cry and whine about it like the Redskins fan base is terrible because they are unhappy with what you are saying.

Mitch Fortner ‏@MitchFortner21

@PriscoCBS I just read through your twitter & I was wondering. Are you excited to get your drivers license soon? BC you are a teenage girl.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@MitchFortner21 see ya

@MitchFortner21

@PriscoCBS hahahaha. "Redskins fans are so mean. I bash their first franchise QB in decades & they are being big meanies." Its Twitter bro.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

@MitchFortner21 I didn't bash him and u are now blocked bro

You brought this on yourself Petey. Stop hatin.

This is hilarious. Good for you SkinsNoles. Prisco ends up looking like such a ***** for this. Predictions of Giants 13-3 and Redskins 3-13!?! Does he even follow the NFL?

I remember my first exposure to true fans of other teams from other markets when I got to college. I had a friend who was from Chicago and was a HUGE Bears fan. If you asked him what he thought of Pete Prisco he could go on and on for hours about the various ways in which Pete is the dumbest piece of horrible filth this planet has ever seen.

Honestly, nobody likes the guy, but sometimes people's careers are based entirely off of being idiots and saying dumb things to piss people off. If this guy tried to be objective and do some actual journalism at any point in his life he would become an irrelevant nobody overnight and he knows it. You can either go the Costas-Gumbel route and try to carry yourself with decency and integrity, or you can go the Cowherd, Prisco, (At one point) Len Pastabelly (Seriously, I haven't heard that in forever) route and just say as many dumb things as possible so people don't totally forget who you are. He's a bland, unoriginal, and untalented person underneath and his only defining characteristic is being ****ing annoying so that's what he goes with. It's up to us to ignore his ass anyway and stop giving his career meaning. He's a parasite.

Archived