Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Wow, Pete Prisco is an *******!

Riggo#44

Prisco is acting like an ###, but he's just one of many who have not yet figured out that RG3 is NOT your standard athletic QB.

Gruden nailed it last night. There has never been another QB like him before.

Exactly. He's not an amazing athlete who happens to play quarterback, he's a quarterback who happens to be an amazing athlete.

• 1 month later...

Which team that did make the playoffs in 2012, probably won't in 2013?

Pete Prisco: Redskins.

Which team that didn't make the playoffs in 2012, probably will in 2013?

Pete Prisco: Giants.

What's the best-run franchise?

Pete Prisco: I'll go with the Giants. From top to bottom, it is run with class.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21527741/cbssportscom-2012-nfl-awards

Kwitt, we can't keep feeding that troll. He's an utter moron. We can do him a favor and buy him some rogaine-7.jpg

Kwitt, we can't keep feeding that troll. He's an utter moron. We can do him a favor and buy him some http://images1.makefive.com/images/experiences/life/top-5-anti-balding-products/rogaine-7.jpg

Makes sense. Why would a young team that reeled off 7 straight with a rookie qb and rb and many defensive players coming back from injuries make the playoffs?

Makes sense. Why would a young team that reeled off 7 straight with a rookie qb and rb and many defensive players coming back from injuries make the playoffs?

Because their star QB who was the biggest reason for their success is coming off his 2nd ACL surgery in 4 years and may not in fact return as himself, even if he does come back in time for the start of the season, which is a question mark in itself.

Us missing the playoffs next year isn't really an unfair prediction guys...

Just have to see how it goes.

I'm no Prisco fan, but let's be fair.

Rookie of the year

Pete Prisco: Robert Griffin III. It was tough, but I gave him a slight edge over Andrew Luck

Biggest surprise

Pete Prisco: Washington Redskins. I never thought they would win the division.

I wish I could get a job as a sportswriter just so I could talk about how my favorite team is also the most awesomest-er team on the planet, and talk about how crappy all their division rivals are while voting against electing their greatest players to the hall of fame.

You don't need to be a sportswriter these days. Give 'em hell!

Because their star QB who was the biggest reason for their success is coming off his 2nd ACL surgery in 4 years and may not in fact return as himself, even if he does come back in time for the start of the season, which is a question mark in itself.

You are correct. The biggest reason we won the division is RG3, and he may or may not play a lot next season...

You are correct. The biggest reason we won the division is RG3, and he may or may not play a lot next season...

RG3 is a HUGE reason we made the playoffs.

But I didn't start watching football yesterday. RG3 is indeed a savior of sorts. What he did at Baylor to what he did his first year in D.C., there's a reason for it. He goes above and beyond what you do. He's genetically made for it, he was raised for it, and he puts the effort in for it.

On the same token, this would not have worked if Shanahan wasn't the coach. And the impact that Alfred Morris made for himself by benefiting off of the pass game, and then towards the end of the season running the entire show. Our offense is different from week 17 then it was to week 1. Those changes reflect the superiority of the coaching staff. There's way too much to enjoy on this team then to single out RG3.

RG3 is a HUGE reason we made the playoffs.

But I didn't start watching football yesterday. RG3 is indeed a savior of sorts. What he did at Baylor to what he did his first year in D.C., there's a reason for it. He goes above and beyond what you do. He's genetically made for it, he was raised for it, and he puts the effort in for it.

On the same token, this would not have worked if Shanahan wasn't the coach. And the impact that Alfred Morris made for himself by benefiting off of the pass game, and then towards the end of the season running the entire show. Our offense is different from week 17 then it was to week 1. Those changes reflect the superiority of the coaching staff. There's way too much to enjoy on this team then to single out RG3.

While I agree with that, I hesitate to think we'd improve from this past season without RGIII. However we'd have potential if Kirk Cousins is the QB; we'd have an advantage of an already established running game and offense, but the plays would be different and opposing teams would not have as much film on Kirk playing in this offense. That said, I fully expect our defense to be much improved especially our upgraded safeties (doesn't matter who, they'll be better), the return of Orakpo, Carriker, Merriweather, plus the signing of DE Philip Merling. That should contribute at times where it didn't this past season.

True, but the point was that it is not an insult, hate or bias for Priscoe to pick the Redskins to miss the playoffs next year considering RG3's currently uncertain status

Rookie of the year

Pete Prisco: Robert Griffin III. It was tough, but I gave him a slight edge over Andrew Luck

Saving face with his 3-13 prediction

Biggest surprise

He never thought we'd win more than 3 games. He gets no sympathy from me. Not saying he had to predict this, but to say we win 2 less than the Grossman led team the year before is bunk.

Prisco can just fade away for all I care. Not clicking on his articles. It just fuels the idiocy.

I wish I could get a job as a sportswriter just so I could talk about how my favorite team is also the most awesomest-er team on the planet, and talk about how crappy all their division rivals are while voting against electing their greatest players to the hall of fame.

Its pretty much what the sports world has turned into. Its terrrible.

Here's my thing, no team has won our division two years in a row since the eagles in 2003-2004. We're in the premier division in football and playoffs are absolutely not guaranteed year after year. Now, my bets are that the falcons, colts, and possibly even ravens don't get into the playoffs next year. In fact, even though the Colts are in a much weaker division, I would bet my job on them not repeating next year. I don't blame him picking us, we barely squeezed in, and the nfc is stocked so full of above average teams that wild card spots will be at a premium the next few years. Every division in the nfc has 3 squads who are playoff caliber.

Rookie of the year

Biggest surprise

Completely surprised he picked rg3 over luck. I mean, I think even an idiot could see how rg3 vastly outperformed luck against a much more difficult schedule, but there are a lot of sub-idiot cretins in sports media. The biggest surprise should be the colts or seahawks. The colts were not really as bad as most 2-14 teams, so their turnaround gets over-stated, but I thought they were still just a 6-8 win team when they had to deal with a coaching change and completely new defensive system. Seahawks a lot of people were high on, one of those preseason sleeper picks, but they were all potential rather than performance at that point. They hadn't had a winning season since 2007, but by the end of this year they looked like a future dynasty. Their team is so young and yet so good already.

I'm not sure what Prisco's deal is. I know he's been on the radio downplaying the read option, saying that Griffin has to learn to be a drop back passer and the read option will be figured out.

What changes to the game should we expect in 2013?

Pete Prisco: The read option being figured out. It takes an offseason.

No, Pete. It won't be figured out. Not unless you can figure out a way to legally get 12 men on defense.

I'm not sure what Prisco's deal is. I know he's been on the radio downplaying the read option, saying that Griffin has to learn to be a drop back passer and the read option will be figured out.

What changes to the game should we expect in 2013?

Pete Prisco: The read option being figured out. It takes an offseason.

No, Pete. It won't be figured out. Not unless you can figure out a way to legally get 12 men on defense.

I always laugh when guys like him say that like it is fact when he has no idea. I bet guys like him back in the day said the forward pass was a fad and would be figured out too.

Exactly. Football schemes break down into mathematics. Having a player at the QB who is an additional threat to run the ball.... whether on pass plays or run plays... requires a huge adjustment in defensive schemes because defenses generally haven`t had to content with a quarterback who can run AND pass (ie. accurately). Defenses are at a mathematical disadvantage.

Can defenses adjust. Absolutely. But it cannot be done without making something else vulnerable in the process. And with 11 players.... the possibilities are finite. And it would be utterly moronic to think that offensive schemes are not designed with specific defensive adjustments in mind. That`s just the normal evolution of an offensive or defensive scheme/philosophy.

The problem with Prisco's prediction of the Redskins possibly not returning to the playoffs is that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with RG3's status.

He just comes across as a Giants fan talking with his heart rather than his head.

Exactly. Football schemes break down into mathematics. Having a player at the QB who is an additional threat to run the ball.... whether on pass plays or run plays... requires a huge adjustment in defensive schemes because defenses generally haven`t had to content with a quarterback who can run AND pass (ie. accurately). Defenses are at a mathematical disadvantage.

Can defenses adjust. Absolutely. But it cannot be done without making something else vulnerable in the process. And with 11 players.... the possibilities are finite. And it would be utterly moronic to think that offensive schemes are not designed with specific defensive adjustments in mind. That`s just the normal evolution of an offensive or defensive scheme/philosophy.

This is why I think all the calls to stop RG3 running/abandon the read are so ill thought out, the scheme is so simple and yet so sound that I don't see how defences can consistently stop us if we execute properly.

:whew: That was close. Glad he picked us. Playoffs are a lock now.

It's run by a thumb sucking owner who should sit by the corner in his nursery class. :dunce:

Archived