Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @John Keim Twitter: Meriweather Torn ACL

Rypien1191

I do not understand how we went from him being taken out for precautionary measures, where Meriwether said he would have gone back in if it were his choice, to this... just really crappy luck. :(

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 06:48 PM ----------

Man, that's a shame...Merriweather sure looked good while he was in there.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

I definitely think we should keep him if he's on the mend. That guy is a hitter and really, I had visions of Sean Taylor coming back to me. Not in any way comparing MW to him, but the intensity with which he played rubbed off on everyone else. Hopefully, Gomes got a chance to see how that type of energy can affect everyone out there.

MW was all over the field - been a while since we've seen that from one of our safeties.

:(

and now fletcher and josh wilson might be out thursday :(

Is Fletcher either A.) Retired; B.) In Jail; C.) Being held captive at gun point by desperate Texans; or D.) No longer of this World.

Because as true as I'm sat here typing, without the above he sure as Hell isn't missing starting a game of football if he's to take to the darn field in a wheelchair .

Hail.

Is Fletcher either A.) Retired; B.) In Jail; C.) Being held captive at gun point by desperate Texans; or D.) No longer of this World.

Because as true as I'm sat here typing, without the above he sure as Hell isn't missing starting a game of football if he's to take to the darn field in a wheelchair .

Hail.

Agreed - he finished out the game on the tweaked ankle so I'd be surprised if he wasn't out there Thursday afternoon. That being said, if the two are questionable, I actually think it would hurt us much more to lose Wilson than Fletcher. I hope both can play, but our secondary is already bad enough as it is and just lost a lot of potential help with Meriweather going down.

Is it just me or does Wilson seriously get hurt every other game with some kind of minor issue. He never misses games due to it but always comes out for a while or ends up laying on the ground over something. I don't know if that means he's kind of soft for always acting hurt, or if he's tough because he always plays through it lol

Hail.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?373980-WT-Redskins%E2%80%99-London-Fletcher-Josh-Wilson-may-miss-Thanksgiving-game

idk if its true or not, but just what i read.

Huh?

Hail.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?373980-WT-Redskins%92-London-Fletcher-Josh-Wilson-may-miss-Thanksgiving-game

We went up to National Harbor tonight, and another fan spotted me wearing my Skins hat and told me. ****ing injury bug, it's unreal for this team. As soon as you see a light at the end of the tunnel this **** always happens. It's always something.

Hopefully, Meriweather fired the guys up enough to play well on Thursday without him.

I remarked openly during the game to my father in law and my wife that Brandon Meriweather was made of glass and wouldn't make it through the game. I was still saddened when he was injured. I believed in this guy when he came out of college because I had watched how he played and I knew he could be a good safety. He has been proven to be made of something even more breakable than glass. All I can think of is something with the consistency of poorly bonded peanut brittle. I feel bad for him but holy **** his body was just not made to do this, he can't hold up.

uggh I just found out the news...I wish Meriweather a speedy recovery...he actually looked like a professional safety out there even if it was the eagles offense he was going against, but still the upgrade helped. I hope he can make a full recovery...Shanny and company would be wise to bring in any sort of veteran that still has some ability left...reed and williams are probably the worst safety duo in the NFL, that and our depth isn't very inspiring. I still wish Horton panned out, I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

Not so worried about Fletcher missing a game, the defense didn't seem to miss a beat without him sunday, of course I'm just going off memory...stats may say somethin else. I really hope wilson can go, Miles Austin actually looks involved in the cowboys offense, at least more so than last year.

Archived