Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @John Keim Twitter: Meriweather Torn ACL

Rypien1191

I never saw Merriweather go back to the locker room, so it's possible the tear was revealed by MRI yesterday and he thought he could go back in.

Maybe it's only a partial tear so the pain wasn't that bad, or he'd taken something for his other knee earlier and it was still numbing it somewhat

This is what can happen when guys are playing through an injury. Garcon could easily tear an ACL due to trying to play while favoring a foot.

I'm almost certain this is what happened in Merriweather's case. The first thing i thought when he went down. Man, his presence will be missed. :(

I remarked openly during the game to my father in law and my wife that Brandon Meriweather was made of glass and wouldn't make it through the game. He has been proven to be made of something even more breakable than glass. All I can think of is something with the consistency of poorly bonded peanut brittle. I feel bad for him but holy **** his body was just not made to do this, he can't hold up.

per the redskins twitter, this is his first nfl injury. he played all 4 years with the patriots, and 11 games with the bears before he got benched. i wouldnt call that injury prone.

The next men up have established they're not up to the task.

I disagree......Doughty proved to not be up to the task...I thought Gomes looked good when he went in...someone said that he has been looking better in practice. Lets hope that is true.

Get well soon, Brandon. Looking forward to seeing him play next year. He brought an intensity that the defense sorely needed.

Well...didn't he say after the game that he was available togo back in but was held out due to the score being lopsided?

Geez man..

Early in the 2000 season vs Detroit, Michael Westbrook tore his ACL, but thought he could go back in and that it was just a sprain. He went back in and lined up and as soon as the ball was snapped, he collapsed.

From what I understand, ACL tears aren't the most painful injury and non-athletes can go through everyday life with a tear just fine. I guess Brandon didn't hear the telltale 'pop' or was in denial. He probably did believe he could play, but that belief would have been shattered immediately if he had actually gone back in.

per the redskins twitter, this is his first nfl injury. he played all 4 years with the patriots, and 11 games with the bears before he got benched. i wouldnt call that injury prone.

Think of him like Shawn Springs. While Springs was here he didn't really suffer major "injuries" per se, but he was pretty much getting hurt every single week. I've always seen Meriweather as the same. He would always get dinged up when he was playing with the Patriots. The guy gets hurt a whole lot.

Early in the 2000 season vs Detroit, Michael Westbrook tore his ACL, but thought he could go back in and that it was just a sprain. He went back in and lined up and as soon as the ball was snapped, he collapsed.

From what I understand, ACL tears aren't the most painful injury and non-athletes can go through everyday life with a tear just fine. I guess Brandon didn't hear the telltale 'pop' or was in denial. He probably did believe he could play, but that belief would have been shattered immediately if he had actually gone back in.

Thats partly true. You can go live with it, but lateral movements hurt.

Think of him like Shawn Springs. While Springs was here he didn't really suffer major "injuries" per se, but he was pretty much getting hurt every single week. I've always seen Meriweather as the same. He would always get dinged up when he was playing with the Patriots. The guy gets hurt a whole lot.

i never followed meriweather through his career, just looked up stats and saw he never missed a game due to injury. i just think its ridiculous that players never get hurt until they play for us. garcon has never had surgery, now he needs it. fletcher never missed a game, now hes flirting with it every week. meriweather never missed a game, until he signed with us. and that is just this year. there is no curse, it has something to do with the training staff/facilities.

I disagree......Doughty proved to not be up to the task...I thought Gomes looked good when he went in...someone said that he has been looking better in practice. Lets hope that is true.

Get well soon, Brandon. Looking forward to seeing him play next year. He brought an intensity that the defense sorely needed.

Gomes blew it against Cincy by being dumb as bricks and hasn't regained that much favor since then.

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Or he was talking tough.

You know, like players always do.

Well, pain is not necessarily the biggest issue with knee ligament tears. Walking on an ACL tear is actually very doable. Stability is usually the problematic symptom once the pain subsides. I suppose Meriweather just didn't feel the ill effects after the injury occured.

Archived