Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider - Tyler Polumbus fined for ‘leg whip’

SWFLSkins

Wonder if the guy who basically stiff armed Lorenzo in the uncovered face (causing him to get busted open it seemed, since he had a bandage on later in the game) unflagged, after the guy pushed his helmet off unflagged, also got fined...or if that was somehow missed by the league.

**** the NFL and their BS. We simply will get better and then all their crap won't matter. Mara needs to go. How a team owner can be allowed to run such things with an obvious conflict of interest is beyond me. It's ridiculous and Mara is proving so by running it like a total slimeball piece of ****. **** him and **** the Giants, and **** Goodell.

Wonder if the guy who basically stiff armed Lorenzo in the uncovered face (causing him to get busted open it seemed, since he had a bandage on later in the game) unflagged, after the guy pushed his helmet off unflagged, also got fined...or if that was somehow missed by the league.

And Ed "Hock you lie" was looking right at that play and didn't call a thing. NFL, as was alluded to before, is as crooked as can be. Too many GLARING examples for it NOT to be IMO.

And Ed "Hock you lie" was looking right at that play and didn't call a thing. NFL, as was alluded to before, is as crooked as can be. Too many GLARING examples for it NOT to be IMO.

Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree with the NFL being crooked. Its not as bad as the NBA, but I fear it is close.

Both the penalty and the fine are bogus because it allows officials and the NFL to dole out punishment on what they THINK the player intent was. As if they can read the player's mind.

By that reasoning, if a DE looks into a QB's eyes, a flag should be thrown because you have to think the intent is to hit the QB in the head. :rolleyes: :doh:

Polumbus needs to file a grievance with the NFLPA and appeal this.

From BBN posted by Hap, the mystery leg whip draws a fine, story below. I re-watched this a few times and found this to be a horrible call and now the NFL agrees with it, someone please post video if you have it..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-for-leg-whip/

Are you sure that this isn't from The Onion? Because, if this is for real, the NFL is totally in the bag against the Redskins.

By Mike Jones

Redskins right tackle Tyler Polumbus was fined for an unnecessary roughness call that he received in Sunday’s loss to the New York Giants.

Polumbus was fined $7,875 for a “leg whip” when referees believed that the lineman tried to swing his leg around to trip or slow New York defensive tackle Linval Joseph. Polumbus, making roughly $700,000 this season, had fallen to the ground, and his leg flew up, but it didn’t do anything to impede Joseph.

---------- Post added October-27th-2012 at 08:45 AM ----------

Well damn...Did I drink too much or what? I thought that was the illegal shift call that was pretty iffy as well on the Morgan TD...

The shift penalty cost us the Morgan TD. The phantom leg whip cost us a huge run by Morris.

---------- Post added October-27th-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Well damn...Did I drink too much or what? I thought that was the illegal shift call that was pretty iffy as well on the Morgan TD...

The shift penalty cost us the Morgan TD. The phantom leg whip cost us a huge run by Morris.

More proof to me that the NY Giants seem to be the 'teacher's pet" of the NFL. Does anyone remember how a NY O-liner ripped Lorenzo Alexander's helmet off hiss head, and NOTHING was called?

...And now there are fines for this ticky-tac BS call against Polumbus??? The NFL refs caved to NY, again. I'm beginning to wonder if Mara has pictures of Goodell in some awkward moment.

Frankly, until the Goodell-Mara linkage is severed -- we can expect more of this kind of garbage.

And no one should let this Goodell/Mara coziness linger on under the radar-- espcially the non-NY media. It's time to challenge how the NY-based media tries to promote how NY teams get a disproportionate of the press coverage, shape schedules, influence ref call, and other post-game 'NFL accomodations. There IS a story here, (As much as I dislike New England, don't you find it odd how this it became 'issue #1" for the NFL to defeat? Meanwhile, both NY teams were perfectly clean???? )

Thats unbelievable he's getting fined for this crap. Its bad enough we got screwed over by that crooked ref..

Ed is not crooked. He is actually one of the better refs, but like all refs, he gets it wrong sometimes.

Thinking about it, Ed Hoculi called it, it negated points that would have tied the game and it resulted in an injury to a key player later in it.

The NFL had to put up a sign that the called was legit.

The guy stood in the middle of the field in San Diego and told everybody that he blew a call and cost the Norvers a game. (It honestly couldn't have happened to any other coach.)

Ed gets a lot of respect from me for saying he was wrong then, and I don't think he's changed.

Thinking about it, Ed Hoculi called it, it negated points that would have tied the game and it resulted in an injury to a key player later in it.

The NFL had to put up a sign that the called was legit.

Nah, they didn't. They didn't have to do squat.

You're wrong bud.

The illegal shift negated the Morgan TD catch and run.

The leg whip was on the Morris run that put us inside the red zone.

You're 100% right.

Mara leave his mark again....... good lord!!!!

I think this might be reaching a little bit.

I try to believe that the NFL doesn't have it against us, but they just keep piling on us. I could see if it was stuff we blatantly did and they don't want us to get away with it, but we aren't even doing anything. What the heck is their problem? :ols:

Ok, I actually believe that the NFL does not have it in for us, but Mara has the ability to screw with us and is doing so. On this particular topic, I just don't think he's involved. It would be exceptionally petty for an owner to try and get a fine for a RT after a game his team already won. I mean, what could possibly be the benefit?

NOTE: On twitter right after the call, Mike Pereira, an analyst for Fox and FORMER Officiating VP said it was a leg whip. And he's been extremely open and honest when he thinks the refs called a play badly. He questions calls, calls them weak, and says when he disagrees with them. And he was pretty emphatic that it was a leg whip by rule.

I'm all for righteous indignation and conspiracy theories, but this one seems like it might just be borderline and really not the world out to get us.

It did suck that it was called and it cost the team a scoring opportunity. But, Morris shouldn't have fumbled on the next play, regardless of penalty.

Laughing at the visual in my mind...in ladies' undergarments, perhaps?

This is complete BS. We watched it about half a dozen times and never saw intent from Polombus...he was rolling over. Wonder how they picked the number of $$ for the fine...like throwing darts at numbers and putting them together to arrive at a reasonable amount? WTF?

Archived