Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One less worry. Cobra Kai is perfect

4d_POWER

Had the same thought as the OP when the game ended.

He looks really calm on the kicks.

As for jinxing him by saying he's doing well, personally I'm tired of thinking that way. I want the Skins to be good because they are good, not because they are lucky.

Jinxes are for losing mentalities, so I'm officially and proudly flipping the mental bird at any of that noise when it comes into my head ;).

Cobra Kai!

I still think an element luck is at play here because we rolled the dice by releasing Gano, signing Cundiff and subsequently releasing him and now gambling by hoping this unproven 25-year old guy is the answer.

With the D secondary pulling us back, mounting injuries, capgate etc... it's nice to have a least a couple of good things going our way with the QB and kicker. At least for now (and hopefully for a long tome to come) it gives the offense a big boost of confidence that we'll get down the field and score... one way or the other.

Yea, Im waiting to see what happens when he's got a 35-40 yarder for a win or tie.. Until we're over the "clutch" hurdle, it's still par for the course imo..

well look on the brightside, at least he's making the FGs that aren't "clutch." Billy Cundiff wasn't even doing that.

He's still got more to prove. I'll wait to see what he does when it's a 54 yarder with the game on the line

that's a little much... I wouldn't be upset if he missed a 54 yarder for the win. That's a hard kick for any kicker in the NFL. I'm more interested in high pressure kicks between 30-45 yards. Those are kicks that Kai has made so far without much pressure. Let's see if he makes them late in the 4th/OT

Well, now he's jinxed.

don't you know that if a guy is perfect, you NEVER MENTION IT?

ever see a pitcher during a perfect game?

No one talks to him. No one mentions it.

Don't jinx perfection.

Kai should be a non-topic til after the season, or he misses.

Whichever comes first.

now the chances that he'll miss next week have skyrocketed, and if he does, I will definitely blame 4d_POWER

~Bang

Kicker was not the issue today.....still needs work on the deep kickoff.....note how many times Banks even had the opportunity to return a kickoff......think the answer is none. Removes a weapon if you kick it out of the end zone.

So far so good, though, on FG's......Cundiff would have already missed a few more. What was that that some said about Gano, that his phone has not been ringing? Same can be said for Cundiff.

I'd like to see the kickoffs deeper, but to me, the most important thing is not leaving points off the board. I'd rather come up short on kickoffs and have a dependable kicker. I mean, some in here who have supported Danny Smith say our coverage units are one of the best and we did keep David Wilson and Percy Harvin in check.

The dude is a stud. I have ZERO worries when he lines up for a FG. He's the real deal. No pressure at all for him when he walks up. He makes it look so easy. "50 yarder on my first NFL kick ever? Meh no big deal." lol

Ehhhh you're quick to draw that conclusion after 2 games :P I agree he's been impressive but it still worries me. He's no Gostkowski or Vanderjagt in his prime.

I'd like to see the kickoffs deeper, but to me, the most important thing is not leaving points off the board. I'd rather come up short on kickoffs and have a dependable kicker. I mean, some in here who have supported Danny Smith say our coverage units are one of the best and we did keep David Wilson and Percy Harvin in check.

I think even Bang would agree here. Our coverage teams under Smith have been pretty good. It's been on the actual blocking (both FG's and punts) that it has been quite suspect. Kai isnt kicking it out of hte endzone, but has been pretty acurate with the directional kicking so far, and I did notice he was kicking them farther into the endzone this week over last week. All things being equal, I'd much rather he hit cluch kicks and be top 5 in FG% than kicking it out of the endzone.

Cundiff started off well, too.

I'll believe it when the season is over.

I'll believe it when three seasons are over. We've had consistent kicking in the past but we need prolonged kicking accuracy and confidence. I've long insisted this is something that we've been missing for a long time and a real reason we haven't been successful. I hope Kai continues his success and we turn this position into another position of strength.

The kid has been solid. He should be recognized for raising the level of play from the Kicking position.

This talk about jinxes and such is silly.

It's time this franchise base quit being afraid of the dark.

Tough times happen to everyone...buck up, face the challenge head on, & move forward.

The skins have done that with the K position.

Hail!

Archived