Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Joe Gibbs Delivers Pre-Game Speech to the Dallas Cowboys

RonArtest15

Im saying that some kid that wasnt even born when we were a factor should show some respect to people and their posts. He blasts me and hes some "respected poster", screw that man. And I was making a known point to the guy telling me to edit my post, it wont matter cause he quoted it and its in stone, that doesnt edit when I do. So yes, I was being a dick cause if the guy wanted to really try and calm me down and warn me, he could have sent a PM, not quote me. I can still get banned based off my quoted text in a post, regardless if I change it or not.

Looks like you are the one trying to be a dick to me. Im not going to blow up on you amigo, I said what I said to someone else. And I said that I will gladly accept any punishment for what I said from the mods.

I respect this board and the job the mods do. But I get kinda pissy when someone puts me on blast, like the other poster did. And for the record, Im 37 years old NC. Not an elder in the sense of being old, but 16 years older than the poster that started **** with me.

Age means nothing. Respect is earned.

Am I less of an American because I wasn't around in 1776? Hell no. Does Gibbs love Jesus less than those who were around 2,000 years ago? No. Are you a better fan because you watched the Super Bowls? Absolutely not.

You see those 15K posts that he has? He's made those and is still around. That means that he doesn't **** up and his opinions are valued, or else why would he not be banned/keep coming back?

Changing your post doesn't matter in terms of what the mods can see. The mods can see all past versions of posts. The fact that he quoted you is irrelevant. The suggestion that you change your post stems from it being demonstrative of your retraction. However, your subsequent posts are anything but a retraction. Rather, they galvanize the **** attitude that you brought to the board.

Redskins fans stick together, and if you're gonna jump on our collective cases for thinking that Gibbs made a big mistake today, then you're going to be going up against a lot of us.

You were sarcastic, inflammatory, and disrespectful. You're hurting your point and making yourself look like an ass in the process.

All can be forgiven on ES, but stop digging your hole if you want to stick around.

Redskins fans stick together, and if you're gonna jump on our collective cases for thinking that Gibbs made a big mistake today, then you're going to be going up against a lot of us.

You were sarcastic, inflammatory, and disrespectful. You're hurting your point and making yourself look like an ass in the process.

All can be forgiven on ES, but stop digging your hole if you want to stick around.

Well, you're flawed/wrong in your thought process if you think Gibbs was at fault. Period. Thats my opinion. And Im by far anything from a Bible thumper lol. Last part looks like a threat to me from someone thats not even a mod. Just saying.

Age means nothing. Respect is earned.

Am I less of an American because I wasn't around in 1776? Hell no. Does Gibbs love Jesus less than those who were around 2,000 years ago? No. Are you a better fan because you watched the Super Bowls? Absolutely not.

You see those 15K posts that he has? He's made those and is still around. That means that he doesn't **** up and his opinions are valued, or else why would he not be banned/keep coming back?

Changing your post doesn't matter in terms of what the mods can see. The mods can see all past versions of posts. The fact that he quoted you is irrelevant. The suggestion that you change your post stems from it being demonstrative of your retraction. However, your subsequent posts are anything but a retraction. Rather, they galvanize the **** attitude that you brought to the board.

Not trying to be an instigator, but why should post count have anything to do with respect? Having more post doesn't make you smarter or a better fan or person IMO.

Not trying to be an instigator, but why should post count have anything to do with respect? Having more post doesn't make you smarter or a better fan or person IMO.

Read what I wrote.

If he's stuck around for 15K posts, then he knows how things are here. If he were a dick, then he'd be banned or he'd just stop coming.

I never, ever insinuated that having more or fewer posts makes one a better fan or person. I'm sorry if that's how you interpreted it.

pretty sad that people are going to hate on gibbs for giving up a motivation speech. As a religious man, you dont deny anyone who asks for your help. For goodness sake, its just football.

its the cowboys....

I dont care how religous I am... **** the cowboys.

im curious why they asked him in the first place...

Read what I wrote.

If he's stuck around for 15K posts, then he knows how things are here. If he were a dick, then he'd be banned or he'd just stop coming.

I never, ever insinuated that having more or fewer posts makes one a better fan or person. I'm sorry if that's how you interpreted it.

Its all good. I just PM'd Jumbo asking him to ban me if he see's fit. Yeah, I really did that. Its the last thing I want to happen, but honestly, if I deserve it, then so be it. I didnt want to come across as an ass or anything. If I did, well, I did, cant change opinion thats been developed about my posts in this tread even if I edit it or not. I just personally think that Gibbs didnt do anything wrong cause it wasnt football related. As much as I love football and the Redskins, and believe me, I bleed burgundy/gold, at the end of the day, its just a game.

And when the game is over for players, coaches, owners, thats all it was, a game.

its the cowboys....

I dont care how religous I am... **** the cowboys.

im curious why they asked him in the first place...

According to what I read, Jones and Gibbs are good friends. But I will admit, this was probably Jones way of getting at Redskins nation.

Look, I am as hardcore anti-Dallas as they come......but Joe Gibbs is one of the small number of guys that has (or should have) HUGE equity built with the Redskin fan base for all he has accomplished for the REDSKINS over the years. Would I have preferred that he politely decline.....of course. But....Coach Gibbs has his own reasons for anything and everything he does. Not as if he gave a pep talk prior to a game vs the Skins. Also, as good as motivational speakers are, I just don't think he made that difference in the game today....I picked the Girlz to beat the Panthers anyhow a few days back as Newton is having some serious issues at QB....not physically, but mentally. Did any of you see his post game presser? Hope that continues when we play them.

Joe gets a pass from me for this (as if that matters)......and he still has more passes than he will ever burn up with me.

Gibbs will be the most beloved Skins coach for pretty much all of our lifetimes but even his second go-around with the team seems like eons ago.

Joe is pretty much irrelevant to the present Redskins team (although I'm sure some will argue, given that Santana caught the go-ahead pass today) and if he wants to give a speech to a team that has been almost as irrelevant as the Skins have been in the past 15 years or so......that's his business.

A few months after ST21 was killed-when the franchise needed their HOF coach-their President of Operations, Head Coach and their "spiritual" leader of the Washington Redskins- Joe Gibbs bolts without even telling his coaches-let alone the players! Great example of dedication and commitment!

After all these years, we now have our true savior-Robert Griffin III.

Archived