Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Joe Gibbs Delivers Pre-Game Speech to the Dallas Cowboys

RonArtest15

Wow a lot of disgust on the first page. He's a man of faith first and foremost. Im not a religous person at all but can respect that. He gave us his all while he was here. Don't see the harm in it.

I agree with you. I think a lot of the reaction has to do with the loss from today, and then compounding the news of this on top of it, people just went crazy LOL.

"Gibbs told the team of a situation where he tried to ice a kicker by using a second timeout — drawing a 15-yard penalty that made the eventual game-winning field goal easier."

Whoever wrote this I feel really milked the angles out of this story. For them to not mention this was the first game post -ST, yea they're trying to simply get some feedback here. Don't feed the troll I say. Gibbs would never be involved with them anymore than offering up some sort of "chapel session " speech which he wouldn't of course deny because Gibbs is an extremely faithful man to his God. You can't take that away from him, at the same time be pissed at Jerry Jones for contacting him in regards to this and possibly saying the only words Gibbs could not say NO to.

I agree with you. I think a lot of the reaction has to do with the loss from today, and then compounding the news of this on top of it, people just went crazy LOL.

Just re-read the first 2 pages and the first 18 posts was during the game. Those complaining about it after the game loss could lean on that excuse but it doesent excuse the classlessness of the posts before or after.

I will say this, when he was back the second go round as coach, I can understand all the anti-Gibbs talk as that is directly related to the performance of the team on the field and people have their own opinions about him. Specifically in regards to his coaching/personel decisions during the second era. With that said, I found myself wondering at times, has the game really passed him by?

But life after football, to just put him on blast and the **** talk against him that I am reading is just insane. Good God all the man ever did for the franchise is take us to 4 Super Bowls and win 3 of them. And when the franchise hit a low, came out of retirement and took us to the playoffs 2 out of the 4 years. And now people that call themselves fans are ripping him to shreds for speaking at a church service and calling him a quitter on the team for leaving one year early to spend time with his family/grandson diagnosed with leukemia.

I sometimes wonder if the majority of posters on here even have a ****ing soul....

I'm starting to want to taze you bro lol (joke). Joe Gibbs did all those great things WHILE LEADING THE CHARGE AGAINST OUR HATED RIVAL THE COWBOYS. All those Dallas weeks, the only 2 wins against Dallas in the playoffs. He was a HUGE part of that. Ive never heard of such a thing. Respectfully decline. Now there are headlines that say Dallas on the brink of destruction, turn to Joe Gibbs for motivation. Just google Joe Gibbs Dallas cowboys.... Disgusting. That does effect football. I would like to see the cowboys crushed and their season over. It was a poor decision. Yeah he gave his his all and got paid well to do so, but so did many fans getting season tickets, merchandise, etc etc. We deserve better from Joe Gibbs. Got Mara cheating us out of cap space, and Joe Gibbs motivating our division rival. Only the Redskins deal with such nonsense.

Joe Gibbs places his faith above everything. I'm not surprised he excepted an invitation to speak at the Cowboys chapel. He is big on spreading God's word.

I'll admit it is a bit odd that he is giving the Cowboys a pep talk in any circumstance, but the man and his legacy remain untarnished in my mind.

You will never see Dean Smith or Roy Williams give a pep talk to the Duke basketball team under any circumstances. Some boundaries should never be crossed. And I am an avid Joe Gibbs fan. I remember when news was released about his return to the Skins. I was in DC visiting my grandparents, and my grandfather and I were as excited as a 10-year old at Christmas time --- yelling, reminiscing aloud, talking about the counter trey and Rypien going deep.....about looking forward to the start of the third quarter so we could marvel at his halftime adjustments.....oh man, the list goes on. My grandmother shook her head and said, "Y'all need to get that excited about Jesus". My love of Gibbs is unwavering, but as I said, some boundaries should not be crossed.

Who gives a rats ass. Gibbs is a class act, has a strong faith, and he lives in Charlotte. It's not like he flew to Valley Ranch and stayed with Jerry for a long weekend. His legacy isn't stained.

This times a thousand. There are some real nuckle-draggers on this site. Gibbs didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong.

This times a thousand. There are some real nuckle-draggers on this site. Gibbs didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong.

Bull****. The only reason against saying he did nothing wrong that I can see, is because having any team spirit during the FA period of the NFL is a bit ridiculous.

If you care about a team, you don't give their biggest rivals a pep talk.

Gibbs reputation is strained for me. This sucks.

Isn't St. Joe the main reason why the Dallas rivalry even survived? Not a big deal ... Joe is a good man who had a chance to bestow some wisdom and advice for people, what is he going to say?

"No, because Redskins fans would not like this? "

Gibbs clearly doesn't view the Cowboys the way some here do, and that's fine.

It doesn't change the 3 Super Bowls he won here. He's still a class act. And I'm sure he still loves the Redskins.

No -- he only coached the team during their most successful era and when the Skins vs Boys rivalry was at it's most intense. Yeah,...he wouldn't know anything about how it feels to hate the Cowboys.

Hahahaha,...

I actually shouldn't make fun -- you're too young to truly understand.

I wonder how much Joe got paid?

Well i didn't get a chance to see much of Gibbs1.0 but i hated 2.0 and this make it a little worse...:ols:

well, we did manage to get to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years. thats an A+ if youre grading on the curve.

heck, i'm a christian. lead bible studies, etc. but i still dont think he should have done it. (pending more info about what he actually did. still hoping this is some kind of taken out of context situation)

Archived