Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Joe Gibbs Delivers Pre-Game Speech to the Dallas Cowboys

RonArtest15

That just shows what a class guy the coach is...another reason is a wonderful human being as well as a great coach and motivator. Sure I hate the Cowboys but the coach is a religious man and will not deny anyone who asks for his help even Jerrah and the cowpukes

Good on you coach I still love ya

You gotta be kidding me....nobody died...there was no good reason for him to do that. Motivational speaking to the Cowboys....c'mon man.

He spoke at their chapel session, give it a rest. We got more to worry about than an Ex-Coach doing a religious speech for a visiting team in the area he lives in (Charlotte, not DC) against a team that is not us. Who cares? Jesus Christ, when he came back the second time, I remember reading that him and Parcels and Dick Vermil were friends and often talked about strategies against opposing teams that each had played before and my face in the season.

Coach is a christian, first and foremost. He is removed from football. And if anything, you should be praising Jerry Jones (never thought I'd say this) for having as much respect for Gibbs as a person/christian, even though we are their biggest rival, to even approach him to speak at their church session. God damn, some of the **** I read on here just baffles/irritates me. Its a ****ing game people. And when its over for players/coaches.......they move on in life, learn a lesson from that.

Anyone with a problem with Coach Gibbs doing this and the ones bashing him, you are not true Redskins fans, you are pathetic. His speech was completely religious in nature and motivational. It's not like he went out there and said, "Hope y'all beat my former team!" "How bout dem Cowboys!"

He spoke at their chapel session, give it a rest. We got more to worry about than an Ex-Coach doing a religious speech for a visiting team in the area he lives in (Charlotte, not DC) against a team that is not us. Who cares? Jesus Christ, when he came back the second time, I remember reading that him and Parcels and Dick Vermil were friends and often talked about strategies against opposing teams that each had played before and my face in the season.

Coach is a christian, first and foremost. He is removed from football. And if anything, you should be praising Jerry Jones (never thought I'd say this) for having as much respect for Gibbs as a person/christian, even though we are their biggest rival, to even approach him to speak at their church session. God damn, some of the **** I read on here just baffles/irritates me. Its a ****ing game people. And when its over for players/coaches.......they move on in life, learn a lesson from that.

Anyone with a problem with Coach Gibbs doing this and the ones bashing him, you are not true Redskins fans, you are pathetic. His speech was completely religious in nature and motivational. It's not like he went out there and said, "Hope y'all beat my former team!" "How bout dem Cowboys!"

Hey kiddo, learn your timing and don't ever question anyone's fanhood on this site. We've been here for years and years, not just once RGIII was drafted and finally had a quarterback.

Gibbs is a god, but he ****ed up today. You just don't do that. It was a ****ty move.

You don't ask God to bless the Cowboys. :ols: WTF was Gibbs thinking?

What kind of crap is this? Hyping up a rival team during the season? You gonna be in Jerrys both on Thanksgiving too? Sorry that I don't see this as a class move and rather the act of a traitor. Why not give the speech to our team? Instead now Cowboys pass us in the standings. Well done Joe.

Look, he's not gonna be excommunicated, but this mess right here is unacceptable. He should know better.

Can you imagine Jimmy Johnson (if he weren't on TV) giving a pregame speech to the Redskins? I think this is more evidence that the Cowboys don't much care about us. Snyder wouldn't conceive of such a thing Jerry Jones didn't much care.

Whoa wait a minute, Gibbs gives a speech to the Cowboys and you are questioning my fanhood for wondering why? I bet you subscribe to the it's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game nonsense too. Would have much rather read the story with the title "Jones asks Gibbs for motivational speech, Gibbs respectfully declines". Give me a break.

Archived