Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Joe Gibbs Delivers Pre-Game Speech to the Dallas Cowboys

RonArtest15

How many times do this have to be said? It was at a chapel, the night before the game. It wasn't a pep talk or a rah, rah speech. The speech was about life.

Exactly. I have no problem with this at all. He is a very Christian person and I have no problem with him sharing those views to anyone when asked.

Gibbs? WTF man. Redonk. A slap in the face to Redskins fans that Gibbs would EVER allow a headline to include his name HELPING the Cowboys. Wow. Very disappointing.

It's his life, but bad public relations decision, and for his die hard Redskin fan base.

How many times do this have to be said? It was at a chapel, the night before the game. It wasn't a pep talk or a rah, rah speech. The speech was about life.

still tough to swallow as a die hard redskins fan. Sure, I'm not old enough to remember the first Gibbs era but I know how much he means to the Redskins and the fact he came out of retirement to coach the Skins once again. I can't accept that he did this... anyone but the Cowboys...

yeah man, lot of these ignorant comments are going to make it easy to paint the fans with a broad brush and Joe will get wind of this and probably be bummed as well.

He will probably be just as bummed as we were to hear it. I understand there is life outside of football for these people, but for the people that bleed burgundy with you for all those years and still are... It hurts a little to see your hall of fame icon coach is associated with the Cowboys in any fashion. Just seems strange. If Ray Lewis goes and talks to the seminoles, maybe I'll reconsider my stance a little. But wow yes it is just football and it's obvious Joe Gibbs does everything with the best of intentions, I wasn't trying to write the guy off or anything or forget the 3 titles. Plus, I post here because I'm comfortable talking to people that care about the Redskins as I do, I don't post to be quoted in newspapers. If that makes me ignorant, I guess it is what it is. If anything I'm guilty for reading all the headlines that said "inspires" "motivates" "Pre game pep talk".

Some day people will realize that pro athletes are just that, pro athletes. In addition to playing football to earn money, players and coaches do have hobbies, interests, and lives outside of football. It would appear that people tend to forget that these guys are actual people, too, and that their lives don't in fact revolve around football. Just because that's the only aspect of them that we see, doesn't mean that's the sole reason for their existence.

I'm pretty sure if you asked Joe Gibbs who he is as a person, he'd tell you first that he's a man of Faith, a family man second, and a Redskin would be at the very best third on his list. So when he's asked to do something as a man of Faith, why would he ever decline that opportunity?

Just because some poor soul is unlucky enough to be playing for the Cowboys, doesn't mean they should have to suffer through a life free of the inspiration and positive guidance that Joe Gibbs can provide ;)

Nope. Rule 10 thing. :)

Though sad at first,(I made the rare mistake of not reading much beyond the title),I read the article and said okay. Hey. Life's too short to take a lot of things too seriously.

If we are applying Rule 10 literally, though, it doesn't comply, as that's not the headline of the article. ;)

I am heartbroken for Coach Joe by the things said about him over a church service- regardless of his audience. I would be astonished to find out he was paid at all. For all we know, that chapel visit could have been his equivalent of standing in hell with the intention of trying to save some souls while he was there.

I know this is a stretch but, is it at all possible that there are Cowpukes that suited up yesterday thinking that Joe Gibbs is a good man....possibly a great man? Could he have been instilling a little subliminal respect for the Redskins organization that he will always represent? That would be almost "Art of War" sneaky.

People dont pay attention, it even said that in the original post. But the mass feel they they should post without reading the all the details first. I hope all the people that posted crap about Coach like the fact that may have been quoted in the Washington Post and blew things out of proportion. Which myself and many others on here tried to point out yesterday that it was for a chapel/church session, which isn't even mandatory. Hell, Id like to know the actual turnout at a non-mandatory church session the Cowboys held.

All I can say is, the majority of you acted like jerks to Coach Gibbs and anyone on here that defended him and I hope you're happy. You made the entire board look like a bunch of douche bags. *golf clap*

All I can say is, the majority of you acted like jerks to Coach Gibbs and anyone on here that defended him and I hope you're happy. You made the entire board look like a bunch of douche bags. *golf clap*

Agreed. I am reminded of the time boo-birds rained down from FedEx field on Gibbs the week Sean Taylor died. Some of our fans disappoint me, to say the least.

Archived