Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hogshaven.com: "First Win At Home Ruined By FedEx Field Staff".

21MadFan

Wow. You must be one hell of a psychologist if you can glean all of that from that article.

He *NEVER* complained about the weather; he said it was perfect weather. When you write, you want to establish the setting. That's what he was doing.

There was no "Woe is me" in the entire piece. He gave his experience, and you dismiss it based on absolutely nothing and then gave two examples of nothing to prove nothing.

You sure showed him.

thanks, NC. I did misread the weather bit, and I just re-read it.

What I was saying this guy sounds familiar. That's all. The "RFK was legit" and "FedEx sucks" crowd (the ones I'm talking about never got to go there, but they remind me of Sean Penn in Team America talking about pre-American invasion Iraq... you know, with the chocolate rivers and such). I've run into enough of these guys to know that you can make generalizations about them.

Didn't mean to offend anyone or show him. Just giving my opinion on the piece.

Is it possible that this dude had a bad experience? Yes, absolutely. I can't say I've had the same experience and I go to every home game and have for years.

My opinions come from my experience... like everyone else. My experience tells me this guy was either unlucky or he was an ass. And as anyone who's ever seen a game in that stadium will tell you, you need to be quite an ass to get the boot.

If he was unlucky, I apologize...

See, what you are suppose to do is read the contents of the thread that you just entered. OMG in heaven.:doh:

I did read it. My point was that I could care less about some fan that got tossed when we got the win. I'm not saying that this incident isn't perfectly factual, but I have my doubts. Anyone know anybody who's ever been thrown out of a game before? Of course you do. Was it ever their fault? Of course not.

I will personally toss three old ladies out if we beat the Eagles at home this year. :)

He's claiming that he got thrown out by an usher that lied about essentially everything. I figured that I'd tell you that quickly and simply being that you were unable to grasp the key facts of the long version.

And I am saying I don't believe him. I guess I'll put some blocks on the kitchen table and skype you next time I make a post.

I forwarded this thread to one of the staff at FedExField and was told that they have already contacted the author of the linked post and that the issue is resolved.

Awesome move on your part, Mark. :cheers:

Whether this story is 100% factual or not, I think the staff, especially the top brass who hires and regulates the staff, need to know that things seem to be a skewed quite a bit in the stadium. There have been many reports of people being yelled at to sit down and/or be quiet when the Redskins are on defense, yet the opposing teams' fans don't get the same treatment when the Redskins are on offense. People paying that much money to go to a game have paid for the right to have the full, live game day experience, which most certainly includes yelling their asses off for their team.

The Washington Redskins legal staff has instructed the jumbotron operators to slightly alter some of the graphics used when the team is on defense. For example:

MAKE SOME NOISE*

*but do not hit or strike the metal panels with, included but not limited to, your fist, open hand, arm, elbow, foot, leg, head, prosthetic limb, cane, crutch, full water bottle (an empty water bottle just makes a "tink tink" sound), empty beer bottle, full beer bottle, the metal flask you smuggled in even with our new wands in use, or the Taser you smuggled in (if you're the Cowboys fan from the Jets game last year). Failure to do so will result in a warning or ejection, depending on if the usher has a authority complex.

Well, I have not had an experience similiar to the person that wrote the article. But, every time I am at the stadium, I DO see fans sitting in seats that they do not have tickets for. This past game, 4 vikings fans sat 3 rows in front of us, and my wife heard them say "lets sit here until someone tells us to move.". Of course, a little while later the folks with tickets for those seats show up.....and now everyone has to move around during gametime. The ushers had better control over this in the upper decks....i swear I think that no one really cares if u actually have a ticket for the lower level or not as I have yet to be asked for my ticket this season, outside of entering the stadium.

It sucks that the fan was cussed at and not given a warning.I would be pissed to if I missed that amazing run to seal the game, cause I got ejected. But, he has to accept that he could cheer on his team and be loud without beating on the walls. Why hit, bang,or kick property that's not yours?

Says he finally heard back from "Lon".. They're giving him field passes for next game and said "sorry".. Dont know if those passes are just for pregame/postgame or if they're actually able to be on the field for the game? He seems happy, and I guess that's what matters.. Still a shoddy experience, imo, and then they dont have video of that section to confirm his story.. So, the usher probably keeps his job and goes on to hassle other home fans in the near future.. The whole deal seems silly to me, since the major crime committed was "making noise".. So ya get treated like a thug for being an enthusiastic fan.. If they dont want ya bangin on the walls with bottles, cans or otherwise, why are they made to resonate sound? They obviously want the fans to interact and be loud.. but not "that" loud.. smh..

Good move by the 'skins PR people to try to rectify this.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 01:19 AM ----------

Here is the description of the resolution offered by the fan:

So I got a call back from Lon about this and we were able to discuss what happened. He was very polite and we both agreed that safety and enjoyment should be the experience every time at FedEx. Their side of the story was that ushers had been visually warning much of the section and that when we continued because we had our eyes on the field the security was called back to remove us.

The video did not cover that section of seating, so it left a gray area as to what was said and what happened. I then told him that to resolve this all I would like was an apology. He gave one fully upon the behalf of the Redskins Organization and even explained the idea of the fan captain system. They will be in contact with us over interest in this program. He also mentioned that Dan Snyder had called and ask that they double to number of fan captains. which I think is a step in a good direction. I told him that SRO division games are what have me worried. So I will be called tomorrow about that program.

Lastly he offered to provide me and my buddy with two On Field Passes to the next game against NC. That is my birthday and so I can’t thank him enough. This gesture by him gives me faith that maybe we can try and make it safer for fans that wanna root and I plan on meeting him On Field that day to shake his hand and hopefully get FedEx field to be a better place to enjoy the team we all love. HTTR!

I want to personally thank everyone on Hogs Haven for their interest in this and all the comments and thoughts. Thanks to Kevin for sticking his neck out and getting this story where it needed to go and PAinfUl as well. Lets keep this going and maybe we can finally get FedEx to feel like home in time. Thanks again EVERYONE!

I'm actually very impressed with the way the team's people responded to his complaint.

MAKE SOME NOISE*

*but do not hit or strike the metal panels with, included but not limited to, your fist, open hand, arm, elbow, foot, leg, head, prosthetic limb, cane, crutch, full water bottle (an empty water bottle just makes a "tink tink" sound), empty beer bottle, full beer bottle, the metal flask you smuggled in even with our new wands in use, or the Taser you smuggled in (if you're the Cowboys fan from the Jets game last year). Failure to do so will result in a warning or ejection, depending on if the usher has a authority complex.

Hahahaha well done.

To add to this thread, I had an experience last year with an usher. I ran through the tunnel of my section (on way back from concession) to catch a 3rd down play and stood there for about 12 seconds. (I know you aren't supposed to the crowd the main area as you walk into your section- but the space was completely empty and I was double-fisting a beer for my girl, so I didn't want to disturb the other people in my row during a crucial moment.)

Right as the ball was being snapped, this 20-something year old usher who resembled Chief Keef (google it) goes, "HEY. Get your ASS back to your seat."

The play ends. I turn around with a smile and say "No need for the attitude man, just wanted to catch the play. Go Skins." Then I started to walk past him towards my seat.

He keeps going as I climb the stairs. "Yeah, that's right. Get yo ass back to the seat and stay there!" I'm thinking to myself, "Stay there? Is this employee starting a fight with me?"

I walked back down the steps and got about 2 feet away from him. I told him if he had a personal problem with me then we could "talk" after the game. He accepted my offer and started saying stuff like, "Damn right. Bring your ass right here after the game and I'll whoop it."

At this point, I got pretty fired up and told the dude that as soon as the final whistle blew I was going to smash him. I probably passed the same usher about 4 times during the remainder of the game and there were intense stare-down/words exchanged every single time.

Skins lose in final seconds and I start walking towards tunnel. Billy Badass now has 15 security guys (yellow shirts) standing along the wall with their arms crossed just staring me down. I just shook my head and started laughing as I walked out because the guy was STILL mean-muggin me!

I have only missed 3 home games in the last 3 seasons, and have never had anyone be anything but polite to me at FedEx. IMO, with all the criticism for the "FedEx experience", the staff/security/etc seems solid to me. You are asking these folks to police 80,000 fans-- many of who have been drinking. It's not an easy task and I think as a whole, they do a pretty good job.

It really doesn't make any sense that when the Redskins are on defense, they have a huge message on the equally huge jumbotron that says "MAKE SOME NOISE", yet they have staff running around telling people to sit down and be quiet.

I've never been to FedEx, but it seems like most of the issues that come up like this are in the "club seating" area. It seems like if you want to go their on gameday and jump around and make noise, you should avoid that area, and sit somewhere else.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 06:37 AM ----------

:wtf: Read the article.

Anyway it's a shame that this happened. I hope the Redskins get back to you on this one. Keep trying to contact someone until they do.

They already did get back to him and straightened it out. Read the thread. :)

Sounds like a typical cop working off-duty. He doesn't care about you or what the truth is. His steroids, power trip and paycheck are all that matters to him. Welcome to today's America. Just wait until these security types get authorization to use tazers at the stadiums.

eta: good on the club for trying to make it right. Maybe the ushers/security need the training course and not the fans!! Not sure this would have worked out if not for all the publicity on Redskins sites though.

I'm glad the team fixed the situation. Good for them.

Trying to find a balance between the rowdy noise making fan that lives and dies with every loss or win (fans like myself), and the fan who spends the cash in the club level or elsewhere, but grows roots in his/her seat the entire time because he really doesn't "care" who wins or who loses has to be tough. This fan shows up just because it's something to do. A place to be if you got the dough. I can't stand that kind of fan. This is the National Football League not the opera. Noise and standing should be encouraged not discouraged.

The Kennedy Center is just a short drive away...why not see a show and leave the Football games to the hardcore.

I was in section 118 for the Bengals game and the ushers were insisting that everyone sit down while we were on defense and he nearly threw out a 60 year old man for debating with him. Nothing as confrontational as the story above, but still annoyed me quite a bit.

Weird. I sit in section 117 every game and section 118 almost never sits down.

It's amazing that this type of stuff happens. It's pretty sad too and personally I don't go to the games like I used too. RFK was great and I thought FEDEX Field would be awesome, for the cost of everything, season tickets, to eat, drink, get merchandise it's just become a very expensive hobby. I recoup my season ticket money from friends I have that are younger and like to go, I prefer to maybe go to 1 -2 games a year and watch the rest in my man cave where I can drink, holler, cuss and scream and not have to worry. For Daniel Snyder to be making the money he is, there should be a better fan experience in my humble opinion. Going to games just isn't what it used to be and you shouldn't have to be Donald Trump to have a good time either. I am sort of surprised Bruce Allen hasn't gotten wind of this and done something......Sad real sad....

Archived