Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hogshaven.com: "First Win At Home Ruined By FedEx Field Staff".

21MadFan

I had 20 tickets for buddies and myself throughout the pre-season up in the new SRO's, and I got the SAME EXACT TREATMENT. No "hitting" the panels they were saying. It was nuts because why in the hell did you put them there in the first place? Also got in trouble for "holding onto the railing while pounding your feet to make noise, causing the railing to shake and disturbing other fans holding onto the railing".... wtf. You do realize this nation of Redskins fans, this generation of Redskins fans were born and raised BY THE FANS WHO SHOOK THE ENTIRE UPPER LEVELS OF RFK, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Disturbing other fans? IF you paid $30 to get into a Redskins football game (previous years had to pay $100-$200) I don't care if I had to hold the speakers, or move every minute for people to get by. It's an experience to be at the game, and this gets you in at DOLLAR STORE PRICE. I understand a lot of people have issues with certain stuff at these games, but they should especially consider sitting somewhere like the club level, or possibly not attending at all if it's such an inconvenience to some.

Well, I'm going to provide some counter points. Please don't start with the 'if you want to sit there quietly with your hands in your lap than stay home' argument because nothing could possibly be a bigger indication of ignorance.

In years past you paid 45-100$ a ticket. There is no general admissions ticket over 100$ face value, so they idea that they're 100-200$ is just not true. They're now $64-$100 (not including taxes, which is 10%). (unless dream seats are general admission? I don't know what they cost, i'm sure more than 100$. I don't know if they're GA seats though)

Whenever things like this (fan behavior) comes up a lot of people forget to look at it from other people's perspectives. The banging on the railings (especially with aluminum beer bottles) can be a very unnerving sound; not always, but it can be if the bottle its just right. So, I can completely understand ushers trying to prevent that sort of thing if there have been enough complaints from others. They paid for their tickets too.

I also know some people with seats near the standing room only section. I know some people - my seats are not anywhere near them. So these are not my opinions... But from what I've heard from them the standing room only crowd is extremely obnoxious and distracting. It seems to be a combination of alcohol and banging bottles. Keep in mind the people sitting in seats around you paid at least twice what you did for their tickets. (assuming everyone paid face value)

So.. there's two sides to every story. For all of you ****ing about not being allowed to be as obnoxious as you want, there are plenty of others who are happy to see you get talked to and then thrown out when you don't stop.

It doesn't really bother me because I'm in the lower level. And that's not to suggest that any fan should be treated unfairly by ushers. Just providing some input from the 'other' side.

Well, I'm going to provide some counter points. Please don't start with the 'if you want to sit there quietly with your hands in your lap than stay home' argument because nothing could possibly be a bigger indication of ignorance.

In years past you paid 45-100$ a ticket. There is no general admissions ticket over 100$ face value, so they idea that they're 100-200$ is just not true. They're now $64-$100 (not including taxes, which is 10%). (unless dream seats are general admission? I don't know what they cost, i'm sure more than 100$. I don't know if they're GA seats though)

Whenever things like this (fan behavior) comes up a lot of people forget to look at it from other people's perspectives. The banging on the railings (especially with aluminum beer bottles) can be a very unnerving sound; not always, but it can be if the bottle its just right. So, I can completely understand ushers trying to prevent that sort of thing if there have been enough complaints from others. They paid for their tickets too.

I also know some people with seats near the standing room only section. I know some people - my seats are not anywhere near them. So these are not my opinions... But from what I've heard from them the standing room only crowd is extremely obnoxious and distracting. It seems to be a combination of alcohol and banging bottles. Keep in mind the people sitting in seats around you paid at least twice what you did for their tickets. (assuming everyone paid face value)

So.. there's two sides to every story. For all of you ****ing about not being allowed to be as obnoxious as you want, there are plenty of others who are happy to see you get talked to and then thrown out when you don't stop.

It doesn't really bother me because I'm in the lower level. And that's not to suggest that any fan should be treated unfairly by ushers. Just providing some input from the 'other' side.

Way to be passive aggressive and not quote when clearly there's a few people you're replying to here....

This has NOTHING to do with banging beer bottles lmao, this is not a pot and pans concert dude. First of all, they're not beer BOTTLES made of glass here buddy (probably because you complained enough that you were allergic to glass and got them removed). Just because you PAY more doesn't mean you deserve more, THAT'S IGNORANCE.

I clearly said " I understand a lot of people have issues with certain stuff at these games, but they should especially consider sitting somewhere like the club level, or possibly not attending at all if it's such an inconvenience to some.". When I referred to "$"100-"$"200 ), I'm implying purchasing tickets off of people, NOT the stadium. Why you didn't consider this a possibility, I do not know. Regardless, I took into consideration the fans who aren't into the rowdiness of it all, sometimes the club level is very supportive of these types of fans, and OF course if you're not into rowdiness at ALL, why are you at the GAME? Guess what? Those people DO in fact exist. I've met a lot of them. I've met people who bought season tickets prior to ever going to a game, or bought season tickets because they had "been to a baseball game before so what's the difference?"

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, AND IT'S A BIG ONE. Viewing football in person (depending on the stadium, type of society and people) has turned into an aggressive adventure for most. It's one of the reasons people ****ed on these very forums years prior because they couldn't take there kids to the game anymore, oh and a decade of losing didn't help. If you can't open your eyes to the dirty culture that is the NFL, you're acting just as blind as Goodell and co. is to pretending that concussions haven't existed in this sport since the first hit ever occurred.

And for all those ****ing about not being allowed to be as silent as you want, there are plenty of others who are happy not noticing you not being there on Sunday's. This thread has to do with a fan who was being passionate and got thrown out for NO REASON without proper warning. If you read my post I happened to have a similar experience, W's on the ticket and being scolded for no reason by what seems to be the 400's security team, who are a bunch of *******s and need to be fired. You decided to take this as fans vs fans, the loud vs. the silent. That's not the original direction of this discussion and it sucks I had to go on such a detailed rant off course here.

To the O.P. if there's anything I can do to help assist you in finding out who these security *******s are, making the organization aware of it, let me know. I have about 5 witnesses who were there and experienced it ourselves.

And a real question to people here, would you attend the game if no one stood up? What would happen if we filled FedEx with the same people who refuse to stand up during games, would they begin standing eventually because no one is? I have no problem with some people who don't stand as a woman once told me "I was just enjoying the crowd and the plays around me so much that it never occurred for me to stand" <-- that's awesome. Not everyone's reaction is going to be to stand, but when half the stadium is standing, please do not ever ***** at someone to sit down. That is all.

And a real question to people here, would you attend the game if no one stood up? What would happen if we filled FedEx with the same people who refuse to stand up during games, would they begin standing eventually because no one is? I have no problem with some people who don't stand as a woman once told me "I was just enjoying the crowd and the plays around me so much that it never occurred for me to stand" <-- that's awesome. Not everyone's reaction is going to be to stand, but when half the stadium is standing, please do not ever ***** at someone to sit down. That is all.

First I haven't complained. I already said that. Second I said they were aluminum, not glass. Glass doesn't even make sense, they'd break went banged against the rails. Thirdly anyone who paid 200$ for a GA ticket in the last few years from a fan was ripped off; sorry, but the secondary market just doesn't support that, I was just correcting the idea that tickets were 100-200$, it's just not true. Finally, I was talking about a specific set of behavior from a specific set of people who attend the games, as described by the people who are forced to sit around them.

The rest of your post... Who is complaining about not being allowed to be as silent as they want? Who is talking about refusing to stand up? And since when should going to a football game be only about having an aggressive experience, or only be for aggressive people?

If you want to pay for the STO tickets and go up there and bang bottles be my guest. It doesn't bother me. Because despite what you may think, we can barely hear it down near the field. So all that noise you're making is just irritating the people around you; which isn't me.

Edit: what we can hear is the people right above us banging on the new ribbon board. bunch of idiots. here's this multi-million dollar ribbon board they just installed, lets bang on it with bottles and shoes!!

I think stadiums are making a mistake trying to control crowd noise. Give the fans something to bang on if they want to bang, damn it.

Being told to sit down is insane to me, I can't understand why someone would go to a football game and not want to get as loud and rowdy as possible, without injury.

Charge fans more to sit in a special quiet area where everyone sits down if you want to, but c'mon with the sit down (or stand in this case) and be quiet crap during a game.

So some stadiums are pumping in additional crowd noise and others are telling fans to be quiet?!?

Taking the 12th man away can't be good, this helps me understand 8 home losses in a row.

I sit down below the standing room only end zone seats and from the 1st pre-season game they've warned folks not to bang on the panels. Honestly doesn't bother me one bit. I have to say their was an older woman in my row who has complained about the banging but even then the ushers did not evict the fans. I started my season tiks at the top of the stadium and we always banged on the Fed Ex signs at the top of the stadium. So banging on the panels seems like the thing to do.

I do yell for quit if the team is on offense.

Anyone consider that the Skins are trying to prevent damage to the panels? Try banging your hands together like the rest of us and using your mouth for yelling instead of getting drunk and obnoxious. And I can make as much noise sitting down as you can standing up; and I don't prevent other fans from seeing the action on the field.

Anyone consider that the Skins are trying to prevent damage to the panels? Try banging your hands together like the rest of us and using your mouth for yelling instead of getting drunk and obnoxious. And I can make as much noise sitting down as you can standing up; and I don't prevent other fans from seeing the action on the field.

If you can damage the panels, then your ass needs to be on the field as a linebacker. They're not made of glass.

And no, it's physiologically impossible to make the same amount of noise sitting down as someone else can standing up. That's your diaphragm, resonators, muscle tension, etc. that defeat that myth. Not only that, standing up shows support, and that's the whole point.

EXPECT people to stand up on third downs. You don't have to, but complaining about it is like complaining about fans cheering because you can't hear the players on the field, you know?

If you can damage the panels, then your ass needs to be on the field as a linebacker. They're not made of glass.

And no, it's physiologically impossible to make the same amount of noise sitting down as someone else can standing up. That's your diaphragm, resonators, muscle tension, etc. that defeat that myth. Not only that, standing up shows support, and that's the whole point.

EXPECT people to stand up on third downs. You don't have to, but complaining about it is like complaining about fans cheering because you can't hear the players on the field, you know?

Wrong elephant breath. Those metal panels CAN be damaged. I've seen several on the club level dented from people kicking the panels. Any aluminum beer bottle will also damage the finish on metal panels. I make plenty of noise sitting down. Besides most of the idiots standing at inappropriate times are often standing and NOT yelling... Just waving their arms. Same drunken idiots are standing and yelling when we are on offense. I have no issues with people standing from time to time at reasonable times on 3rd downs or exciting plays. I do have an issue with those who insist on standing the entire game when there are SEATS in the stadium for a frickin' reason.

Im not really that loud at the game myself. But I don't give a **** what anyone is doing or hitting or yelling or standing. People are just jerks about everything these days it seems. Mind your own business and enjoy yourself. And if you can't at these games because of others then watch at home or at a bar. I don't say that to be a dick but because you will have a better time yourself and then everyone's happy.

The fans that show up to FedEx Field (late, usually) will never agree on how to enjoy a game. A third of the audience wants to stand and be rowdy, another third wants to sit back and take in a nice leisurely game, and the remainder pick and choose activities from the first two groups. The fans can't agree on what to do, and don't represent a concerted, cohesive hometown crowd and they probably never will. Meanwhile, what team would want out of the home crowd and what the powers that be at the stadium want seem to be diametrically opposed. It's a mess and it's only going to be more apparent if we're headed to a winning track. People have said in the past, winning cures all. I'm not sure that applies here, there's just too much discordance.

I'll say this, I like to be as loud as I can, but there's a line that can disturb the hell out of other fans. When I had season tickets a few years ago, I was sitting in the 200 level, basically ten feet horizontal extended from the scoreboard, just under the roof. Great location other than being in the end zone. There's a metal fence back there, as well as metal bleacher flooring instead of concrete. The first game, we had a group of guys who had plastic bottles filled with pennies, which they rattled and battered on the fence while stomping on the flooring. For four straight quarters. I loved their enthusiasm but had a raging headache by halftime. One woman complained to them and their response was that they were there "bringing it every game." Rather than *****, I prepared ahead and brought disposable ear plugs for the rest of the games...except they were never there again.

This story doesn't surprise me at all. Last week I had a boasting about writing multiple letters to the Redskins complaining about people banging beer bottles on the metal panels. "I don't pay to come hear all that noise ... it is just annoying," he said. "I guarantee something is done about it by the middle of the year."

WTF? Honestly, you want to make FedEx Field more lifeless by killing noise? It's bad enough season ticket holders sell their tickets to opposing fans, that there are numerous empty seats, that fans are yelling while the 'Skins are on offense and that fans constantly yell for you to "sit down" while you are standing to make noise on an important down ... but this guy really takes the cake.

Where have all the true Redskins fans gone? Where are those crazy folks bouncy the bleachers up and down?

HTTR

The thread is complete! I wasn't sure we'd get there, but we most certainly did. I was a little concerned that we'd stop at "well if you want to sit quietly with your hands in your lap" because it seemed to lose momentum there. But, to my surprise, I woke up to find:

It's bad enough season ticket holders sell their tickets to opposing fans....

We've come full circle. No fan behavior thread is complete without those two ridiculous arguments.

There is no better view than the stadium. People can say that watching at home you can see better, but if you watch football, alot of the stuff you cant see at home
Im not really that loud at the game myself. But I don't give a **** what anyone is doing or hitting or yelling or standing. People are just jerks about everything these days it seems. Mind your own business and enjoy yourself. And if you can't at these games because of others then watch at home or at a bar. I don't say that to be a dick but because you will have a better time yourself and then everyone's happy.

I agree wholeheartedly with both of these posts.

When you go to see the Redskins play, you are going to their house, to cheer them on, not so your TV program is better.

You are taking on a responsibility. You are buying into it.

Stand proud, be loud on defense, silent on offense and be the best damn 12th man you can be.

If you want to sit down and be quiet, then save your money, buy a larger TV with surround sound and invite a friend to watch with you.

The thread is complete! I wasn't sure we'd get there, but we most certainly did. I was a little concerned that we'd stop at "well if you want to sit quietly with your hands in your lap" because it seemed to lose momentum there. But, to my surprise, I woke up to find:

We've come full circle. No fan behavior thread is complete without those two ridiculous arguments.

Dude, you've proven to be the biggest troll to come out of the cave in a while. Your constant bashing of anyone sitting more than 10ft higher than you comes off as *******ish and egotistical.

"If you want to pay for the STO tickets and go up there and bang bottles be my guest. It doesn't bother me. Because despite what you may think, we can barely hear it down near the field. So all that noise you're making is just irritating the people around you; which isn't me."

You clearly are irritated and I don't know why. I almost feel like you actually sit right next to the SRO section and cry every game because you can't handle noise levels at a sporting event. Do you know what the ****ing Boston Redsox did in their 2007 world series run? Their entire bench smacked spoons and eating utensils on a pole for several innings every ****ing game. Did the fans ***** about that? Did you also cry when RG3 jumped into the stands after running for his life, did you feel the wind from his run and feel offended or something?

I know for a FACT, since I've recorded games and time stamped when I was smacking my fists on FedEx gates up top, that you can hear it on TV LOUD AND CLEAR. But you wouldn't know that, because clearly you've never not attended a Redskins game for the cheapest price possible in the best seats ever, your entire life.

I also have tested seeing and hearing my friend make noise on the FedEx gates while I had on field passes in 2009. It still worked. 3 years later, physics still works the damn same.

And a little educational lesson for you. I'm not stapling stubhub as my choice for purchasing tickets, but here you go, check out the Eagles game buddy, ALL sideline tickets in the 100's are between $165 and $200+ so please shut up about this. You don't know what you're talking about. http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-panthers-fedexfield-4076083/

---------- Post added October-21st-2012 at 08:49 AM ----------

when you go to see the redskins play, you are going to their house, to cheer them on, not so your tv program is better.

You are taking on a responsibility. You are buying into it.

Stand proud, be loud on defense, silent on offense and be the best damn 12th man you can be.

If you want to sit down and be quiet, then save your money, buy a larger tv with surround sound and invite a friend to watch with you.

agreed.

Dude, you've proven to be the biggest troll to come out of the cave in a while. Your constant bashing of anyone sitting more than 10ft higher than you comes off as *******ish and egotistical.

what are you talking about? Last year I was in section 423. before that my tickets were in section 416 - for about 48 years they were in that section. it's where i spend majority of my games. you have no idea who i am and clearly are not capable of reading anything i write.

i think you should reread the posts, because you're right in thinking that someone is childish. i think you have the wrong person though.

"If you want to pay for the STO tickets and go up there and bang bottles be my guest. It doesn't bother me. Because despite what you may think, we can barely hear it down near the field. So all that noise you're making is just irritating the people around you; which isn't me."

You clearly are irritated and I don't know why. I almost feel like you actually sit right next to the SRO section and cry every game because you can't handle noise levels at a sporting event. Do you know what the ****ing Boston Redsox did in their 2007 world series run? Their entire bench smacked spoons and eating utensils on a pole for several innings every ****ing game. Did the fans ***** about that? Did you also cry when RG3 jumped into the stands after running for his life, did you feel the wind from his run and feel offended or something?

what? it really doesn't bother me. it bothers me when people in the club level bang on the ribbon board because it's right above my head and i can hear it and it's kind of anoying, but they've stopped that. the stuff the SRO crowd does doesn't bother me. not really sure how that is hard to understand, or why you keep saying it's me it's bothering. the people we go to the game with sit up there, it bothers them. I've said this three times now, think you can understand it this time?

I know for a FACT, since I've recorded games and time stamped when I was smacking my fists on FedEx gates up top, that you can hear it on TV LOUD AND CLEAR. But you wouldn't know that, because clearly you've never not attended a Redskins game for the cheapest price possible in the best seats ever, your entire life.

i spent years paying 44$ a ticket for section 416. the cheapest available. you have no idea what you're talking about

I also have tested seeing and hearing my friend make noise on the FedEx gates while I had on field passes in 2009. It still worked. 3 years later, physics still works the damn same.

And a little educational lesson for you. I'm not stapling stubhub as my choice for purchasing tickets, but here you go, check out the Eagles game buddy, ALL sideline tickets in the 100's are between $165 and $200+ so please shut up about this. You don't know what you're talking about. http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-panthers-fedexfield-4076083/

thats a link to the panthers vs redskins game btw.

if you've paid over 100$ for most of the games over the last few years then that is a shame. outside of some big division rival games on a monday/sunday night, almost all of the games over the last 5+ years can be had for around 50% of face value - mark the homer has detailed it his process in a thread.

Don't post much as you can see...BUT...(and I do not think I was hallucinating during the Vikes game) there was a 3rd down where the video screens and ribbon boards said "STAND UP and get LOUD." I swear. Maybe someone else can confirm. I tried to get a pic but was more into the game.

This would be an argument against those who think FedEx doesn't want us to stand and be loud on 3rd down.

Hail

Don't post much as you can see...BUT...(and I do not think I was hallucinating during the Vikes game) there was a 3rd down where the video screens and ribbon boards said "STAND UP and get LOUD." I swear. Maybe someone else can confirm. I tried to get a pic but was more into the game.

This would be an argument against those who think FedEx doesn't want us to stand and be loud on 3rd down.

Hail

3rd down is the best time to stand up and be loud.

the problem with these conversations is that people think the rest of us don't want people to be loud... or to stand up... or to enjoy the game. nothing could be further from the truth.

there's a difference between being overly obnoxious to the point of ruining other people's game day experience, and being passionate loud and effective 12th man. majority of the people who come in arguing and calling the rest of us people who want to sit quietly with our hands in our laps don't fall into the category of fan we talk about.

i stand quite often. i make all kinds of noise. i start yelling and screaming when the other team's offense goes into the huddle because i think waiting until they come to the line defeats the purpose. i lose my voice pretty much every game.

but i don't go out of my way to disturb everyone around me, draw attention to myself, and i don't ridicule the people next to me if they would rather sit down during a big play. if someone requests i change my behavior because it's bothering them or their kids, i try to oblige their request if it's not unreasonable. we try not to cuss up a storm when the people in front of us decide to bring their 5 kids to the game - which they did last week against the vikings.

the people who think your only options are to bang bottles against things, get really drunk and yell at people for sitting, or sit quietly like you're at the opera are dumb. there's more to life than two extremes.

it's not about ruining anyone's time. it's not about taking the fun out of it. it's about being a mature adult and recognizing there are other people around you and that your actions may impact their experience.

Archived