Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hogshaven.com: "First Win At Home Ruined By FedEx Field Staff".

21MadFan

If the story is true, somebody messed up. Hopefully the 'skins PR department gets a handle on the situation and responds appropriately.

I'm sure it is a difficult line to walk between keeping the stadium safe and keeping the stadium loud. The NFL has a real problem with violence at games, and I think most teams are becoming increasingly vigilant against fans' behavior that is out of line, but this does not seem to be the case in this instance (again, if the story is true).

FedEx should make it a point to have a clear protocol on ejecting unruly fans and distinguishing them from fans who are merely loud in supporting the team. They should also make sure to have ushers competent in enforcing these rules. In this instance, it seems somebody messed up pretty bad. It will be interesting to see if, when, and how the team responds to this story.

Ya know... again... "RFK was the best... I heard when you held a beer... blah blah blah" Nevermind that the beer was warm and watered down and you had to hold your beer out because you were standing up just to see the field over the players...

And then the rest of the article was a "woe is me" piece. Thanks for sharing it 21 Mad Fan, but it seems most of the crap he's complaining about (even the weather) is up to him to interpret. He just seems like the type that loves to ***** and he's going to find something to ***** about.

That said, I have had one issue with event staff in my section in the 4th quarter, but it was because the dude had "SS" and neo-nazi tattoos... and your boy doesn't play that. So I just asked him how he past a background check and he never answered, he just sat there. I sent an email and never heard from him or saw him again... this was the Colts game this pre-season.

The usher we had this past weekend (Vikings game) was actually very accomodating, allowing one of my boys who has club level seats to stand next to me upstairs for a few minutes and bs during the 3rd quarter. I thought that was class, he was just like, "don't be stupid and hurry up and talk," I was like... you got it, no probs.

After reading through the comments, it looks like this fan got a response from Redskins PR, although apparently not one he was satisfied with.

Hogshaven does have a follow-up piece on this issue here:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/10/18/3521320/the-official-rules-for-fedex-field-standing-room-only-tickets

They said you are not allowed to bang on the metal plates in the SRO area, although it should be something that gets a warning not an ejection. They also said that it is a tough line to walk between letting people be loud and allowing more modest fans to enjoy the game.

Ya know... again... "RFK was the best... I heard when you held a beer... blah blah blah" Nevermind that the beer was warm and watered down and you had to hold your beer out because you were standing up just to see the field over the players...

And then the rest of the article was a "woe is me" piece. Thanks for sharing it 21 Mad Fan, but it seems most of the crap he's complaining about (even the weather) is up to him to interpret. He just seems like the type that loves to ***** and he's going to find something to ***** about.

That said, I have had one issue with event staff in my section in the 4th quarter, but it was because the dude had "SS" and neo-nazi tattoos... and your boy doesn't play that. So I just asked him how he past a background check and he never answered, he just sat there. I sent an email and never heard from him or saw him again... this was the Colts game this pre-season.

The usher we had this past weekend (Vikings game) was actually very accomodating, allowing one of my boys who has club level seats to stand next to me upstairs for a few minutes and bs during the 3rd quarter. I thought that was class, he was just like, "don't be stupid and hurry up and talk," I was like... you got it, no probs.

Wow. You must be one hell of a psychologist if you can glean all of that from that article.

He *NEVER* complained about the weather; he said it was perfect weather. When you write, you want to establish the setting. That's what he was doing.

There was no "Woe is me" in the entire piece. He gave his experience, and you dismiss it based on absolutely nothing and then gave two examples of nothing to prove nothing.

You sure showed him.

I would be in Danny Boys office weather he or any other liked it or not. There should be 0 tolerance for those power hungry morons who have no business having authority over a dead cat. Danny Snyder owes you and your friend the best seats in the house for game with everything paid. Do not give up on this, make sure your situation gets to main authority and those jerks are fired!

I mentioned the time the opposing team was coming on the field to kick a game winning FG in overtime. My friend was standing and yelling as loud as he could like all the other 70K fans (rough year). That's when two fans behind him demanded he sit down? Wait what? No...you stand up and make noise...this is a key moment. Long story short my friend got kicked out of the stadium. Nice...those are the fans we want kicked out of Fedex?

Wow....they should kick the cheese&wine fans out because they don't cheer or have no reaction. The same kind of people look at me weird when I'm making some noise at the game. I'm thinking...they should have just stayed home & gave their ticket to a more passionate hell raising fan.

Fed Ex sucks, especially club level. I have never seen so many people want to sit on their ass at a live football game while their team was on defense. My favorite is, "I pay big money for these seats and I don't feel like staring at your back the entire game". What kind of freaking moron spends thousands of dollars on season tickets knowing that people will be standing in front of them the entire game. I prefer watching the game at home with my family, we can be as loud as we want, the food and the beer is MUCH better.

---------- Post added October-18th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

Okay, I think everyone needs to take a step back. People are taking this way too seriously. We won last week, that should have sent a statement.

ahh no, most stadiums people stand and cheer for their team ESPECIALLY when their team is on defense, I can go on and on about how bad Fed Ex sucks, people getting the boot for making noise is beyond lame.

What a shame I hate pricks on a power trip. I been to Fed Ex once and it was great. I was in section 117 and we cheered and stood most the game and had no complaints. But if you all are getting harassed like this and the cheese n wine fan mess it up, then why go? I would hate to waste money on a ticket and having to be made to sit down and be quiet.

He's claiming that he got thrown out by an usher that lied about essentially everything. I figured that I'd tell you that quickly and simply being that you were unable to grasp the key facts of the long version.

Says he finally heard back from "Lon".. They're giving him field passes for next game and said "sorry".. Dont know if those passes are just for pregame/postgame or if they're actually able to be on the field for the game? He seems happy, and I guess that's what matters.. Still a shoddy experience, imo, and then they dont have video of that section to confirm his story.. So, the usher probably keeps his job and goes on to hassle other home fans in the near future.. The whole deal seems silly to me, since the major crime committed was "making noise".. So ya get treated like a thug for being an enthusiastic fan.. If they dont want ya bangin on the walls with bottles, cans or otherwise, why are they made to resonate sound? They obviously want the fans to interact and be loud.. but not "that" loud.. smh..

Archived