Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can anyone make a GIF of the 76 yard run?

H-O-G

He was definitely taunting him guys :ols:

You don't turn your head around if you think someone is going to catch you, you put all your focus forward.

Implying Griffin was "afraid" he would get caught is ridiculous. Gaining ground on RGIII would mean your name is Usain Bolt.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was talking smack when he turned his head.

You're being too nervous. His legs, his ability to run, are a HUGE part of what makes our offense work so well. Teams have to respect that abuility. If he starts sitting in the pocket all the time because the team doesn't want him to run, then defenses can still crush the pocket and sack him, hitting him hard.

The key to his running, and he's getting better at this, is knowing when to dive or slide to avoid or minimize contact, knowing when to throw it away, and knowing when to take off. Playing scared is a formula for disaster and taking away his ability to run would absolutely destroy the identity and temp of the offense.

You are right, and like Shanny mentioned it showed that he is learning when to slide, avoid hits, and take it all the way. I still get nervous every time I see him run. Hopefully he can hang in for 20 seasons.

I have to admit that's the only thing about that run I didn't like. It seemed to me that he was talking to him or taunting. I hope I'm wrong!

I don't think it was taunting. He did do a little high-step, but I just saw it as a celebration. It was a huge play. A guy is entitled to celebrate a little.

I have to admit that's the only thing about that run I didn't like. It seemed to me that he was talking to him or taunting. I hope I'm wrong!
He was definitely taunting him guys :ols:

You don't turn your head around if you think someone is going to catch you, you put all your focus forward.

Implying Griffin was "afraid" he would get caught is ridiculous. Gaining ground on RGIII would mean your name is Usain Bolt.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was talking smack when he turned his head.

:doh:

Do you guys know who RGIII is as a person? Have you read a single word about him?

Yeah, his Army parents definitely taught him to taunt and be ****y. Oh yeah. That's EVERY word that's said about him. ****y and taunting. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 06:21 PM ----------

I don't think it was taunting. He did do a little high-step, but I just saw it as a celebration. It was a huge play. A guy is entitled to celebrate a little.

I don't even think that the high step was celebration. If Garcon had high stepped it to avoid that tackle, then he's on the field for the past five weeks.

i was thinking the same thing, that he looked a little slower than i thought, but seems like he was doing a little high-step taunt to the guy chasing him. #33 totally under estimated his speed at around the 30 yard line right before robert turned the corner.

After a full game, he had to have a good sense for griff's speed by then. I think he was trying to be super aggressive and make a stop close to the marker, maybe thinking rg3 would just slide when he got close. Bad mistake. Horrible angle. He was not at all ready for te bounce out, and by the time he realized what was happening it was already too late

He was talking to him. "You have 40 yards left, dinner is on me if you can catch me. You pick the place... Too late."

My kids and I were jumping up and down while watching "the run"... I just kept thinking, wow, the dude is awesome and he's on our team... still unbelievable. But was I the only one thinking while his teammates were congratulating him, hey guys, please stop slapping his head? The dude is coming off a "mild" concussion...

Anyway, not sure if this was already posted but here's a link to CBSSports talking about how fast he ran.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20568428/robert-griffin-ran-a-43-40-during-sundays-game-winning-touchdown-run

The only thing that would make that GIF even better is when after the TD, you can add in the camera shot of the closeup on Jared Allen's face. He had a total look of disbelief, exhaustion and defeat all in once expression. Hahaha

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Also, what I liked about the run, is that once RGIII had the first down it looks like he initially going to do the safe thing and run out of bounds, but he saw the Josh Morgan block, and knew he could pretty much go all the way without being touched. It shows me that he was still thinking in his mind first about being safe about the scramble.

:doh:

Do you guys know who RGIII is as a person? Have you read a single word about him?

Yeah, his Army parents definitely taught him to taunt and be ****y. Oh yeah. That's EVERY word that's said about him. ****y and taunting. :rolleyes:

If he didn't highstep into the endzone in the Rams game, and do his dance yesterday after the TD, and highstepping/skipping after throwing TD's, I would agree with you. I think you're making a little too much more out of it then there really should be. Lots of players talk trash, or mildly taunt, or do endzone celebrations. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it doesn't get personal. It's not like he threw a football in a guy's face or something.

And I don't really think he was taunting during the latter half of the run (though I'm sure it could be easily perceived as taunting), or during the highstep in a taunting manner (it looked like he got slightly clipped, which caused him to highstep to regain his balance/footing).

Archived