Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can anyone make a GIF of the 76 yard run?

H-O-G

I am against him running but I must say, that run gave me chills that lasted 10 plus minutes. I don't want anything to happen to him and continue to hope he refrains from running regularly.

You're being too nervous. His legs, his ability to run, are a HUGE part of what makes our offense work so well. Teams have to respect that abuility. If he starts sitting in the pocket all the time because the team doesn't want him to run, then defenses can still crush the pocket and sack him, hitting him hard.

The key to his running, and he's getting better at this, is knowing when to dive or slide to avoid or minimize contact, knowing when to throw it away, and knowing when to take off. Playing scared is a formula for disaster and taking away his ability to run would absolutely destroy the identity and temp of the offense.

I am against him running but I must say, that run gave me chills that lasted 10 plus minutes. I don't want anything to happen to him and continue to hope he refrains from running regularly.

Why would you be against him running, when he has the spped to do that? It is one of the things that makes him so dangerous and difficult for defenses to deal with. You don't want to take that away.

I'm not saying I want him to carry the ball as much as Morris, but as long as he gets down and slides when he has nowhere to go, he can run all he wants. :)

Nice. It's funny, on his 7 yard slide run earlier in the game I quietly remarked to myself "I wonder when he'll ever be lucky enough to break one of those for a huge gain and a TD" my question was answered quickly.

Okay, quick: Have a similar conversation about being the first rookie to win a Super Bowl. :)

He was coasting after he high stepped from the diving safety. Robert was only in third gear.

Yeah it looked like once he hit that high step he knew he was gone. Third gear was enough to burn everyone.

*I knew it was just a matter of time until someone used this as their signature :ols:

With 4.3 speed you would wonder why he looked back twice at the end of the run. Then again, Sanford timed a 4.5 at the combine.

I think it's a habitual thing with some guys. Maybe he just wanted to know exactly where he was at. Who knows. I do know that there have been quite a few guys over the years, in college and the pros, who will glance to their left or right while running. That run reminded me of Vick's run to beat the Vikings in OT back in '02.

I didn't want to make a new thread for this and figure this would be as good a place to post it as any: I just saw on NFL Network this is the second longest run by a QB since 1940. I knew when I saw it that it had to be exceedingly rare, but it is apparently even more unusual than I figured at first.

The play is made still more impressive when you consider the situation. 3rd down, protecting a narrow lead, backed up in your own territory with 3 minutes to play, and then the dagger. Get that man a cape because he can fly!

Great blocking, great run, very impressive play all around.

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

That play doesn't happen without Josh Morgan's excellent blocking.

I know he had that one dumbass play, but I'm liking Morgan so far.

Morgan has been very good since then. He has been sure-handed and a good down-field blocker.

Archived