Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are possible replacements for Cundiff? (My vote: Kai Forbath) Edit: Kai signs with team!

BruinSkin

Well glad to see there going to have some kickers come in.

Interesting. I'd rather go with a younger guy than a veteran, but I do think Brown has something left. Not a huge Mare fan, but at least he won't shank 31 yarders.

Good on the OP for correctly predicting Forbath, though!

Well maybe someone read this after all (doubtful, haha), but I'm rooting for Kai to make the team. He's young with upside, and at only 25 years old, could make the most of his first chance as starter in the NFL. Brown and Mare had their time, but they've bounced around at 33 and 39 respectively.

No matter what, Cundiff should be our ex-kicker by Wednesday.

I too like the idea of brining in a young guy to take the job.

Go Forbath!

At least if he struggles a bit he's still young.

Not sure what the love affair for Gano is about.

He was the worst kicker in the league the last two years and missed his fair share of chip shots too.

Time to move on.

Do we have to rehash this **** again?

Graham Gano is a good NFL kicker with one of the strongest legs in the NFL, who was hamstrung by Danny Smith's awful directional kicking strategy and his inability to field a decent blocking unit....

Yadda Yadda Etc Ad Nauseam. ......

If Gano's THAT good a kicker, why is he still unemployed?

Surely, by your metric, teams should of been falling over themselves to pick him up when he was released from here. No game book to learn. No roster spot to take other than the kicker he's displacing. Just go out and kick and show what a great kicker you are right?

But uncannily, he's still unemployed. Maybe the 31 other NFL teams haven't yet realised the same brilliance in him you apparently have huh? :doh:

Hail.

No matter what, Cundiff should be our ex-kicker by Wednesday.

I too like the idea of brining in a young guy to take the job.

Go Forbath!

At least if he struggles a bit he's still young.

Not sure what the love affair for Gano is about.

He was the worst kicker in the league the last two years and missed his fair share of chip shots too.

Time to move on.

The love affair was because of the EXACT reason you just stated for wanting Forbath. :ols:

My oldest boy kitty is named Kai. I watched him being born, it was awesome. Kai is Sea in Hawaiian.

I hope we get someone to replace Cundiff. I can't believe that we had to endure him for another week after that debacle last week. If the offense gets us to field goal range, we need someone who can get those 3 points, every time.

If Gano's THAT good a kicker, why is he still unemployed?

Surely, by your metric, teams should of been falling over themselves to pick him up when he was released from here. No game book to learn. No roster spot to take other than the kicker he's displacing. Just go out and kick and show what a great kicker you are right?

But uncannily, he's still unemployed. Maybe the 31 other NFL teams haven't yet realised the same brilliance in him you apparently have huh? :doh:

Hail.

Not sure if I trust NFL front office's on the kicker topic. They draft 3rd string special teamers when they don't have capable kickers. Not having a good kicker, never mind having a bad one, almost guarantees disappointment in the NFL. Yet teams seem to treat the position as an afterthought.

Having said that I don't particularly care if Gano is brought back or not.

Name a kicker. With or without nfl experience. I still can't believe he had the balls to make the comment that we would've lost even if he made that 30 heard chip shot.... Alll of the sudden it didn't matter that he missed it? Only a complete loser would make a comment like that. Cut his ass immediately.

I'll pin my hopes on whoever wins the kicking camp this week.

Considering the moron who will make the decision it really makes no difference. Just bring in 4-5 random scrubs and roll some dice, then provide him with the worst protection, holder, and snapper in the league.

Oh and don't forget to continue to cringe on every punt or field goal attempt.

Time to bring back a few familiar faces ...

1/ Nick Novack

2/ Graham Gano

Kai sounds interesting.

I don't care who we bring or sign, but Cundiff has to go. 5 misses in 2 games is just not acceptable!

Time to bring back a few familiar faces ...

1/ Nick Novack

2/ Graham Gano

Kai sounds interesting.

I don't care who we bring or sign, but Cundiff has to go. 5 misses in 2 games is just not acceptable!

Novak is not available. He was kicking for the Jets tonight.

Rumor is we are working out 3 guys, Gano is not one of them, Kai Forbath is.

Never seen this forbath kicker....see the girlz nor the sucs thought he was better than current kickers, apparently. I would have brought back gano....just because he was not immediately picked up by other teams tells me nothing more than we already knew...i.e. he is a kicker with some accuracy issues. Didn't really expect other teams, at the time he was cut, namely right after 52 player draw down, to be pounding on his door. But, same could probably be said for cundiff.....if we hadn't taken the ravens reject, I think he would still have been by the phone praying for a kicker injury on any team.

So....if gano and shanny have burnt that bridge.....sure, I am ok with giving a young kicker a chance if he impresses. And, really all he would have to do to impress would be to make field goals consistently from around 30 yards....that would mqke him more accurate than cundiff right now.

Archived