Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are possible replacements for Cundiff? (My vote: Kai Forbath) Edit: Kai signs with team!

BruinSkin

Cundiff has to go, I don't care if they bring back Gano, or sign one of the old guys like Rackers or Kasey get someone who can at least make it inside 40 in his sleep and if they can make the occasional 50 yarder great.

Certainly much better than what we are kicking lately, don't you think?

"Better than" is isn't necessarily impressive in and of itself. We see people lament the loss of a kicker, forgetting he's as mediocre now as he was then. The law of averages suggests that Cundiff won't end the season at 58%. I personally think we're overreacting this week; last week' disappointment seemed more justified. I'm hoping there is a kid in college worth drafting, because I don't share our misplaced confidence in Gano.

"Better than" is isn't necessarily impressive in and of itself. We see people lament the loss of a kicker, forgetting he's as mediocre now as he was then. The law of averages suggests that Cundiff won't end the season at 58%. I personally think we're overreacting this week; last week' disappointment seemed more justified. I'm hoping there is a kid in college worth drafting, because I don't share our misplaced confidence in Gano.

A pro kicker can't miss 30 yard field goals two weeks in a row. That's just not acceptible and everyone knows it. That wouldn't be okay at the college level.

Gano beat Rackers in pre-season. Then some idiot in the FO decided that Cundiff was better. Just like they thought Beck and Rex were a definite starting tandem. This seems just so Snyderesque.

Maybe whoever made the decision got tired of watching Spongebob and Patrick and decided that somebody else's kicker was better.

Memo: Cundiff is not good. Gano is better. Fire one. Sign the other. Turn SpongeBob back on.

Did he? Rackers had 2 kicks(1-2, missing from 52) and Gano didn't even attempt one in a game.

Did he? Rackers had 2 kicks(1-2, missing from 52) and Gano didn't even attempt one in a game.

Yeah, wasn't much of a contest. I think they kept Gano over Rackers because of their ages, thinking that out of the two of them, Gano was more of a long term solution. When Cundiff became available, they obviously thought he could be a long term solution. How wrong were they!

If they don't have enough confidence in Gano, based on the fact that they cut him for Cundiff, perhaps they should go back to Rackers as a short term solution for maybe this season, as I think he is statistically much more consistent (although perhaps someone has his stats to disprove me?).

I don't know much about Forbath but he sounds pretty good?

I'm hoping this somehow catches the attention of the front office. (Hey, it happened with the Memphis Grizzlies signing of Gilbert Arenas, so why not?)

Kai Forbath - 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

9-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA.

He spent the entire 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

In the 2012 preseason, he was 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Ultimately, it was always Connor Barth's job, so he didn't have a chance to make the team.

Who are some young, available free agents we could bring in to replace Cundiff?

So I was always nervous when we had Gano kicking, now with Cundiff there is no nervousness,

because I know he will miss it.

How do you go from nailing everything in practice and during warmups, to missing an easy 31 yarder??

I guess its like a golfer that shanks one......... ??

Anyway, I believe its time for Mr Cundiff to find another employer..

And this kid from the OP looks good !!!

I am suprised we haven't seen a headline "Cundiff Released.. XXX Signed" whereas XXX can be anyone but Cundiff at this point. The kid is not stable and we can't continue to miss chipshots. I believe missing that field goal changed the entire game yesterday.

how is this team this jinxed??

I mean, year after year - kicker after kicker.. they just suck. totally unreliable.

Is it FedEx? Is it some unknown Indian curse b/c of the name?

Hell, even Suisham is kicking game winners for Pittsburgh now....

It would be laughable if it were any other team.....

Strictly from an accountability and production stand point you have to cut Cundiff. There is a reason the Ravens cut him. He apparently does not handle "pressure" that well.

Go out and have a try out out this week. Open competition for all of these guys.

Just make sure Danny Smith isnt the one making the decision.

Archived