Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

Shanny just finished presser. I'm gonna go out on the limb that Cundiff is done lol

I really have no post game rants. Atlanta is who we thought they are. A lot of talent and they exploited one of our biggest deficencies on D: LBs and safety's who cannot cover. Overall our D was much improved.

On offense i was okay with play calling. Of course that 3rd and 3 run call was too predictable in retrospect but I'm more concerned with 3rd down %. last in NFL and 1-8 today (Cousins TD pass to Santana).

WE are a young team and I still believe we will not win many games this year. Jury still out on the running QB. I hope RG3 learns to throw the ball away next time

Can you recap the presser for those of us who aren't able to watch it?

And you being in Boston, how are you able to watch it?

Griffin let the team down by not throwing it away on a play that he obviously couldn't squeeze a TD out of. Offense was just horrid on third down, that might have been the biggest killer.

Defense were playing over their heads in the first half, you knew they couldn't hold. Offense didn't help them out by having so many quick drives stopped. Defense can't get to the QB.

Cundiff obviously blows and shouldn't be here, but I think most people saw that. That falls on Shanahan.

If Griffin is out next week, I hope we see Cousins again. He's got a lot of potential, helped keep it close.

no...stop it

Shanny said RGIII didnt know the current quarter of the game...

Great. Thanks Kyle and Mike. Hell of a job with the offensive playcalling. What are we? 0-8 in our last 8 home games? This team needs new coaching. We need a hungry staff and not one filled with washed up has beens who are trying to set their children up for a career in the NFL.

I'm not disagreeing with that.

The playcalling was not the problem, though.

I completely disagree with you. But, curious to hear your logic--how was it not the problem today? It was predictable and at the same time, nothing we did set up anything else. Our third down conversion rate was atrocious. Now, I do think that Cundiff missing that FG was a huge momentum killer, but in my mind, our defense gave our offense numerous opportunities and field position to get points on the board, and they did nothing.

Great. Thanks Kyle and Mike. Hell of a job with the offensive playcalling. What are we? 0-8 in our last 8 home games? This team needs new coaching. We need a hungry staff and not one filled with washed up has beens who are trying to set their children up for a career in the NFL.

Okay, was trying to have a real discussion with you, and then you say this.

Have a good one.

My two biggest takeaways from the game:

Very disappointed in Garcon's performance today. Was impressed so far with his limited time going in to today...but today was pretty unacceptable with the drops.

I don't think we were going to win, the game was pretty much over...but did anyone else feel like Santana was interfered with/held on the 2nd interception? I thought that should have been called.

I completely disagree with you. But, curious to hear your logic--how was it not the problem today? It was predictable and at the same time, nothing we did set up anything else. Our third down conversion rate was atrocious. Now, I do think that Cundiff missing that FG was a huge momentum killer, but in my mind, our defense gave our offense numerous opportunities and field position to get points on the board, and they did nothing.

It was drops and poor throws.

Kyle has been doing a fantastic job all year, there's a reason that we were top-three in points before today. There is zero reason to fire him.

You guys shouldn't be depressed.

With the exception of the RG3 injury and Cundiff, I'm pretty content.

We gave a 5-0 team all they could handle, playing a lot of rookies and young players. If RG3 didn't have to go out, we may have won.

A couple of changes will have to be made, but I like what I see from this YOUNG team as we go on.

RG3 can't get well soon enough. Game was over as soon as he took that hit.

This is a one man team.

Bull. The game was "over" because of the mindset of many of the players on the Skins team. Cousins did his job with the long TD to Moss. The pathetic mindset of our D could not secure the lead for the Rookie QB. Then it rains trying to come from behind, when you should not have had to and you get an INT. So NO the game was not over when he "took that hit" but rather when the D players could not step up, again when it counted. It is a Redskin "theme". Can't coach the intangibles like a winning mindset.

RG3 doesn't come close to getting hurt if,whoever the playcaller is, sticks to a run game that at one point, was averaging over 10 yds /carry.

This was a game that screamed for Morris to get 25 + carries and he only got 18.

When they can't stop a play, you run it until they show you they can.

Bad coaching on offense today.

And yes, the game is in play today with Rex in relief because the playbook shrinks considerably with Cousins in the game.

From what I saw today, the secondary did a decent job. Matt Ryan was not dropping back to throw to Tony Gonzalez all day, he was forced to throw to Gonzalez due to the coverage on the WRs. The failure on the defense today is solely on the lack of pass rush. There was never pressure on the QB, save for the 1 sack play where Atlanta ended up getting points despite finally doing something.

When Matt Ryan dropped back he was looking downfield every time, but our coverage prevented the big play for the most part. The problem is we had so little QB pressure that Matt Ryan had time to constantly check down to Gonzalez in the flat, and then of course our defense trying to tackle Gonzalez at his thighs.

It was drops and poor throws.

Kyle has been doing a fantastic job all year, there's a reason that we were top-three in points before today. There is zero reason to fire him.

C'mon, you can't possibly believe that. We've played some incredibly poor defenses that have helped explain our point production. I haven't been impressed with Kyle since the minute he got here.

My only rant would be about getting rid of Cundiff.. RGIII's smart and a rookie.. He'll learn.. The defense is the defense and their coach (coordinator) is their coach.. Dont see much changing there until they get better on each account.. Skins almost always keep good teams honest, but also always lose in the end.. So, no rant there either, since it was expected before it happened.. Hopefully one day the Skins will return to a team that's capable of winning more games then they lose, but I don't see it in the near (or distant) future, unfortunately.. :(

You guys shouldn't be depressed.

With the exception of the RG3 injury and Cundiff, I'm pretty content.

We gave a 5-0 team all they could handle, playing a lot of rookies and young players. If RG3 didn't have to go out, we may have won.

A couple of changes will have to be made, but I like what I see from this YOUNG team as we go on.

We lost the game and RGIII.

That's like going to my grandmother's funeral and telling me that at least she tried to beat cancer. Cool.

Griffin let the team down by not throwing it away on a play that he obviously couldn't squeeze a TD out of. Offense was just horrid on third down, that might have been the biggest killer.

Defense were playing over their heads in the first half, you knew they couldn't hold. Offense didn't help them out by having so many quick drives stopped. Defense can't get to the QB.

Cundiff obviously blows and shouldn't be here, but I think most people saw that. That falls on Shanahan.

If Griffin is out next week, I hope we see Cousins again. He's got a lot of potential, helped keep it close.

How can anyone say that RG3 let the team down?? It's football man. He just got his bell rung trying to make a play. People need to stop overreacting because we have a mobile QB. He clearly slipped on the play and his head was put in a bad position as the LB flew in. If Kyle Shanahan would call plays that keeps RG3 in the pocket then he wouldn't have to attempt to make plays with his feet.

Archived