Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

Some of you guys kill me in here.

You act like we went 0-16 with Rex starting every game.

He's your classic back up.

Not meant to start but has enough talent to help you out in spot duty.

He'd have given us a better quarter and a half than Cousins.

Grossman is not our future backup, Cousins is. As a team, we are better activating Cousins so that he will get a chance, either due to an injury or in garbage time. He needs to get some real experience or he will never be a good backup or trade bait.

I'm really finding myself pained to be a fan of this ****ing team. I drive down from Baltimore each Sunday to see this group of 52 mediocre professionals and a superstar, and can't really justify it. I feel awful for season ticket holders. The Redskins are easily the worst professional sports experience in the area- fedex has awful food, parking, and fan participation compared to Nats Park, Verizon Center, Camden Yards, or even M&T (which pains me to say). The product isn't even marginal given the ridiculous price.

Griffen please.....please......please play smart football. Look at Vick (i am not saying you are Vick) and learn from his mistakes. You can not afford to learn by your trial and error. Defense looked winded after RG3 went out. Not as mad at lose but again mad at RG3. Also had enough of directv, their customer service, their product, their service... you pay hundreds of dollars for faulty dvr. Their poker hand (holdialwayng that NFL package) makes you fold always but i am about to bluff them.

No, no...from what I understand, this goes back to the Norv Turner years. The early Norv Turner years. This kind of stuff has been happening since the final seasons at RFK.

It isn't FedEx. Hell, we've won a playoff game at FedEx.

FedEx was under construction during the middle of Norv and the playoff win was simply because the curse was in its infant stages. We also lost the next week on a botched snap.

Falcons have an offense that was supposed to drop TD bomb after TD bomb on us this game, and they didn't. Defense did their job keeping ATL in front of them all game, and as badly as they dominated us in TOP, you'd think we'd gotten blown out. Matt Ryan had to throw 52 times because he only averaged 6.6 ypa, and ATL only average 3 yards per carry rushing the ball. The defense did its job today against a top flight offense.

We basicly lost to the better team today. Even with them knocking out our starting QB and dominating time of possesion, this was still a one score game that we had time at the end to win. Not happy we lost, but I'm not looking for a ticket on the blame train after this one. I fully expect us to get back to .500 against the Vikings next week...

Grossman is not our future backup, Cousins is. As a team, we are better activating Cousins so that he will get a chance, either due to an injury or in garbage time. He needs to get some real experience or he will never be a good backup or trade bait.

If that's the case, cut him now then. why bother?

Falcons have an offense that was supposed to drop TD bomb after TD bomb on us this game, and they didn't. Defense did their job keeping ATL in front of them all game, and as badly as they dominated us in TOP, you'd think we'd gotten blown out. Matt Ryan had to throw 52 times because he only averaged 6.6 ypa, and ATL only average 3 yards per carry rushing the ball. The defense did its job today against a top flight offense.

We basicly lost to the better team today. Even with them knocking out our starting QB and dominating time of possesion, this was still a one score game that we had time at the end to win. Not happy we lost, but I'm not looking for a ticket on the blame train after this one. I fully expect us to get back to .500 against the Vikings next week...

Well said... finally a realistic analysis.

Then why do you run a reverse with him?

I don't know that I agree with the assessment that he looks awful. But I have to say, that reverse call had me scratching my head. Of all of the guys we could have run that with... Aldrick, Santana, Pierre... We gave it to Hankerson. Kyle Shanahan didn't have his best game today. But I think he's overall done a good job this year.

We've sucked for 20 years and have yet to come close to being blacked out. This organization has damn good fans.

Blackouts have nothing to do with it. We werent blacked out when there were 30,000 Steelers fans here either. I go to 1-2 games a year and am constantly disappointed by the number of people who should be giving their tickets to people who give a damn.

I don't know that I agree with the assessment that he looks awful. But I have to say, that reverse call had me scratching my head. Of all of the guys we could have run that with... Aldrick, Santana, Pierre... We gave it to Hankerson. Kyle Shanahan didn't have his best game today. But I think he's overall done a good job this year.

I'm a Hankerson fan too... But, I realize he's not the kind of WR that you ran a reverse with. He's got good speed but he's not explosive. You make him stop on that type of play and he's done.

D Hall is a disaster. Still cannot cover and his weak ass attempts at tackling are laughable. Cundiff confirmed why the ravens dumped him..his best days are behind him. The defense played better today and the offense let us down. Third down conversion is awful. Morris is beast when running north and south..this spread running is just a drive killer. Kerrigan gets held almost every play..no flags.That big hit on RG, was on him. No point in taking that one, hope he is back

I continue to keep a descent perspective, but I did have expectations of having at least a good defense. I know we are without two big guys, but our LBs look mediocre at best other than Kerrigan. Fletcher looks a step slow and Riley looks like a waste of space. With all the "depth" we had this preseason they are supposed to be the playmakers in a 3-4 defense and they are putrid. I understand the defense played well today but we look soft as hell. If we are supposed to be building then why do we have completely inadequate backups on defense.

I'm not upset in the least. We were outplayed all game long by a way better team. It was only close because of a couple turnovers early and Ryan being off his game the 1st half.

The D did everything they could. Unfortunately they were clearly undermanned against arguably the best O in the league. You can't be mad if the other team has better players who play better than your players.

The O was a let down today. Very conservative passing game. Gotta let RG3 go and sling it downfield some more. He clearly can. The few times he's asked to, he delivers(or the WR drops it). Running game was nice but you can't win in the NFL without sustained passing attack which we lacked big time, whether it was RG3 or Cousins in the game.

Ultimately it was only a few plays that decided the game. Cundiff's 31 yarder miss was huge. Make that and we're up 10-0 and the Falcons are starting inside their 20, changing the game. Instead he misses and it's a tie. Also, Bryant hitting a 53 yarder. Most Ks aren't even 50/50 from 50+ yard out. If he misses that, we get the ball back up 3 with great position. Unfortunately opposing Ks are always incredible against us. Just once I'd like to see an opposing K go like 1/4 against us. Such is life.

RG3 didn't have a particularly good game, but he had very little help all day. The OL got pushed back quite often, and we had drop after drop after drop especially on 3rd down. The playcalling was a bit too conservative. But hey, kid's a rook. Sometimes you chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

All in all, we got outplayed badly and only lost by 7 points to a Super Bowl contender. Nothing to get too mad about. Did we have a chance to win? Sure. But that's the NFL. Most games are gonna be close. We just don't have the top end talent to compete with a team like the Falcons unless they play 60 minutes of mistake prone football. They gave us half of that. Wasn't quite enough.

I continue to keep a descent perspective, but I did have expectations of having at least a good defense. I know we are without two big guys, but our LBs look mediocre at best other than Kerrigan. Fletcher looks a step slow and Riley looks like a waste of space. With all the "depth" we had this preseason they are supposed to be the playmakers in a 3-4 defense and they are putrid. I understand the defense played well today but we look soft as hell. If we are supposed to be building then why do we have completely inadequate backups on defense.

I thought Riley made some good plays. I also think we have become accustomed to 59 being so good every single game that when he doesn't show as strong one game, people get pissed. Considering the reputation Atlanta had coming into this game as an offensive power, I'm fine with only giving up 24 points. Had RGIII been able to stay in the game, I think we would have won this one.

What I really want someone to answer is why the hell is Cundiff still on this roster?????????????

D Hall is a disaster. Still cannot cover and his weak ass attempts at tackling are laughable.

Not sure I can concur or even see what you're talking about. Hall is FAR from the biggest problem in the secondary. IN fact, he's mostly a credit to the secondary, though he is certainly not perfect or a Revis-clone. The reality is, almost no one is anymore.

My thoughts are where were the WR's in this game? Other than Moss getting behind the D, the WR's played a pretty poor game IMO. Garcon was off and Hank didn't really do much at all. I feel Kyle called a pretty conservative game and only started to attempt to open it up when we were behind.

D Hall is a disaster. Still cannot cover and his weak ass attempts at tackling are laughable. Cundiff confirmed why the ravens dumped him..his best days are behind him. The defense played better today and the offense let us down. Third down conversion is awful. Morris is beast when running north and south..this spread running is just a drive killer. Kerrigan gets held almost every play..no flags.That big hit on RG, was on him. No point in taking that one, hope he is back

Be patient, our time is coming; it does not happen overnight.

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 07:56 PM ----------

My thoughts are where were the WR's in this game? Other than Moss getting behind the D, the WR's played a pretty poor game IMO. Garcon was off and Hank didn't really do much at all. I feel Kyle called a pretty conservative game and only started to attempt to open it up when we were behind.

They need to get Fred Davis involved significantly more in the offense.

Agreed. A lot invested in the WRs in terms of $ and draft picks but so far, outside of Garcon's play in New Orleans, a lot of disappointment.

They can't make the tough catches and they're more likely to drop a pass then they are to catch it in big spots.

Give RG3 a guy like Julio Jones and he'd wreck the league.

I also agree that playcalling wasn't great. A lot of rinky dinky short stuff. Use that golden arm RG3 possesses. We didn't invest three 1sts in the kid to turn him into Tebow 2.

Post game thoughts.....rants......

Kyle Shanahan is as bad an offensive play caller as Jim Haslett is a defensive play caller. Bruce Allen needs to make a decision to tell Mike son or not he isn't cutting it with his bush league play calling. #23 again stinks refuses to play bump and run press coverage and even #26 is more of a gamer than 23. Fact is we could have the Hogs and with Kyle calling plays we would still consistently come up short. I am so sick and tired of this incompetence and it sickens me to know that RG3 is about to become the next David Carr and Patrick Ramsey because we have a Napoleon Complex HC who at this point in his career is resting on past laurels because allowing his son to continue to call plays is sickening and to continue to have Cundiff on the roster and Jim Haslett still the OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is totally bass ackwards and stupid. We will continue to be the laughing stock because this organization is unable to take 2 steps forward without taking 10 steps backwards. It's bad enough the NFL does things like steal 36 million in cap space from us as well as the NFL giving Ref's orders to allow any and all lineman to hold Kerrigan and not call it but to continue to allow Kyle Billy and Jim Haslett and Hall associated with this team shows me that as long as there are fans thinking today was a "good showing" again shows me why Snyder still laughs all the way to the bank.........

I dont think the refs called the Falcons for offensive holding at all... they were holding ALL DAY.. that was another big part of this game. So sick of them calling holding on us but not the other offense.

Thank you , 52 pass attempts not 1 hold, 2 penalties for the day. Also if thats Matt Ryan running down the side and Riley or Keerigan delivers that blow like RG took. Flag & a fine guarenteed. Sick of this, white QB same play flag, fine and more than likely referred to as a a thug like hit,, Black QB, his fault,no fine, no flag and as that doofus Lynch said on tv " Laying the wood". Its a joke ,

Ryan needed to be on his ass WAY more frequently. 1 sack aint cuttin it

This is such a on point assessment. However as long as Hasbeen is the DC here there will be a cure for AIDS and Cancer found and fully tested and Marijuana will be legalized before this team is able to knock QB's on their ass with any frequency.....

I agree about Williams but hey. Clearly today was his best game as a Skin. Granted that's not saying much. He pulled up on what should've been a pick. He always seems like he's a step behind. They kept saying they liked his veteran experience. All I ever see is his age.

Archived