Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

If we invested so much into RG3, why are we going to let him run for? We have a great RB and RG3 has a great arm. We can win games without the kid getting punished every game.

I'm picking on you because yours is the last post with this thought.

It was not a called running play. In fact, today I think we called zero plays for designed RGIII runs. I believe on the bootleg he saw the tackle slip and knew he had an opening so he took off.

The hit on RGIII was one in which a qbs instincts take over. Hits happen. Stop flailing wildly. There are folks to be legitimately mad it. This is a stupid complaint.

What hurts about the RGIII dilemma is his ability to pass the ball is way better than a lot of his counterparts like Vick and Cam, and Wilson etc etc.....he can beat teams without all the extra bonus of being to scramble and rush, and execute designed run plays.

Going forward, RGIII will have to remember that fighting for the extra 1/2 yard is not worth the consequences that come with it most of the time. He wasn't going to score a TD, or a 1st down, and the game itself was also not up to that drive. There was still plenty of game left to get more points later. RGIII is a rookie, he plays like a rookie in his decision making. There is no way to undo what RGIII does except for getting more NFL experience. There is no rookie that comes into the league and instantly plays like a veteran, we can't be ignorant and ask for the impossible.

What we have to hope for is that the injury he took today doesn't keep happening while he learns to play smarter.

Um yeah that's a bit of a stretch there. This is football. Not life and death. We got a young football team with two follies leading the way against a 4-0 falcons team that's pretty damn good. RGIII will learn to protect himself better with time or he will have a short career.

All in all I'm not too hurt about this loss. The RGIII injury was a tough blow. If he is on the field then no telling how this game turns out. Your response is definitely overreaction.

:doh:

I said that the poster's reaction to what had happened is analogous, which does *NOT* mean "the same thing as", that hypothetical.

Um yeah that's a bit of a stretch there. This is football. Not life and death. We got a young football team with two rookies leading the way against a 4-0 falcons team that's pretty damn good. RGIII will learn to protect himself better with time or he will have a short career.

All in all I'm not too hurt about this loss. The RGIII injury was a tough blow. If he is on the field then no telling how this game turns out. Your response is definitely overreaction.

I feel you. A bit. RG3's injury hurts. But also I want to win. Eight straight losses at home is pathetic , with the Vikings coming into town.

If we invested so much into RG3, why are we going to let him run for? We have a great RB and RG3 has a great arm. We can win games without the kid getting punished every game.

It wasn't a QB run play nobody was open he just acted like a rookie and didn't wisely run out of bounds.

Seriously man. That was his FIRST live action as a pro. He through a super TD, and made a couple of rookie mistakes. Not helped by bad protection.

Let's cut the dude a little slack huh?

Hail.

Let me clarify = not saying Cousins is terrible or lost the game for the Skins. He may in fact turn out to be a starting QB in the NFL. The point was that he was a luxury pick since the Skins already have a decent backup QB. The Skins would have been much better served in drafting a backup OL or help for the secondary to address their more immediate needs. As you said Cousins is a rookie and can't be expected to do much and the Skins are not good enough to use a 4th round draft pick for someone that might be good in the future

To the post the above was a reply to ..... how the HELL do you blame playcalling on the hit that took RGIII out of the game?

Seriously, explain that one to me.

Hail.

If you couldn't see the problems with the playcalling, there is nothing I can write that will convince you otherwise.

Then please don't complain when a major chunk of our offense is taken out, our QB's ability to do what he does is halved; and we struggled to hang with teams in games.

Hail.

RG3 is already a good passing QB. He can get it done with his arm. The designed runs and option plays were way overused in the first few weeks. More runs = higher likelihood of injury. I'm not willing to risk his career for some early offensive success.

So our QB gets knocked out the game Jim Haslett has no ability to blitz. The Offensive Line didn't take it personal and the defense didn't get mad. Seriously this team is a disappointment. The Redskins should have gotten pissed and knocked snot bubbles out of the Falcons for hitting RG3 the way they did. I seriously am angry and disappointed in our inability to play mad and get a win we should have.......Maybe it's true this team needs a new owner and management and about 51 new players cause RG3 and Morris are about the only ones I would keep......

So, RG3 didn't know the quarter the game was in or what the score was. Listed as mild concussion. He needs to get smarter with his running plays, it was one of those situations where he had no where to go, and unnecessarily fought for an extra 1/2 yard and got clocked because of it. He's a rookie, so it is hard to get the youngsters to not play balls to the wall on every play, but for the sake of his own career and well-being and health, it'd be wise to show him film of all the times Vick has got himself hurt fighting for minimum yardage to get the point across.

I laugh at some of the post. Some of the same people saying get rid of Gano are now saying bring him back. Cundiff was the answer. I said keep Gano from the beginning. The problems with today: Polumbus is aweful, D-line couldn't sack groceries much less a QB, our all-star receivers dont like to catch a pass when they might get hit and we stopped running the ball so we could control the clock and keep our defense off the field. The obvious is our QB getting hurt.

Some of you guys are crazy. Atlanta is a super bowl contender...we're not close to that yet we played a hell of a competitive game.

If RGIII plays the entire second half, you have to believe we could've pulled out a win. Kirk's 2 picks gave the game away. No way we give those picks up with RG3.

Bottom line, the future is very bright for the redskins.

And not just for next year...Philly lost today, and the division is still wide open.

Archived