Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

On offense, we have Grif, Fred and Morris. The O-line has done okay. But nobody else is "good" IMO

Are you speaking of the WRs?

Not particularly. It's hard to see what our WRs are capable of when we only use 2 of them most of the game & one of them keeps dropping passes. (I'm speaking somewhat faseciously).

I'm also talking about some of our defensive players & ST players.

Last year all anyone did was complain that we threw too much.

This year all anyone does is complain that we don't throw it enough.

Running back averages 4.8 a carry and we have to complain that the quarterback doesn't throw enough.

Wide receiver averages 13.1 a catch and 5.8 yards after the catch, everyone complains he gets no YAC. Runs in the 4.4's and we can't use him on the end around.

Do people even watch the games?

In the past months we have gone from a team that could lose on any given Sunday, to being a team that could win on any given Sunday. It's all in the perspective.

Although this new road the team is on may be long, hard, and filled with set-backs, we must realize that after years of wandering, we are finally on the right road.

Um, you can't put this one on the defense.

They were on the field forever because the offense was piss poor. The *ONE* game that you can't put on the defense this season.

There was a definite shift though from the second RGIII left the field . I maybe over reacted but they looked very poor in the end of the 3rd/4th Q . The only positive was we did not allow them to get the first down when they ran the ball in the last 3 minutes .

We let their receivers run up just short than 2 X 100 receiving yards and 23 receptions to 2 players ? . That is on the defense . A guy drops back 52 times and we get one sack - yes we shut down the running game - but when they needed a big run they got it and players on the defense were just milling around on that go ahead score . Riley was standing up and pointing to Micheal Turner -

The season gets no better from here ...just depressing .

RG3 can't get well soon enough. Game was over as soon as he took that hit.

This is a one man team.

This sums it up well. What always worried me is what would happen if RGIII got hurt and had to leave the game. The bottom line is you can't put this much pressure and expectation on just one player, QB or not. When you do that, then you're taking a dangerous gamble. We "mortgaged the farm" to get RGIII, and now he is injured. He didn't even know what the score was or what quarter it was after he took that hit! Then the training staff tries to tell us that he has suffered a "mild" concussion. Yeah, right! I'm very angry right now, because this is already starting to look like a typical Snyder-era blunder. We bring in a talented young player with so much promise, and then we don't take care of our investment because the people in charge of his development and well-being aren't doing a better job. An employee, or in this case a player, can’t perform but so well without the right personnel around him. For example, if I was a good employee with some previous honors and awards for my work, and I went to a company who has a history of questionable management and business practices, then chances are my performance won’t be but so good because my superiors weren’t handling the operations of the company better. I think that’s typical of any place of employment and not just for an NFL team. RGIII is a very talented QB, but we don't have a very solid offensive line to protect him. We also have a very porous defense that has been spending too much time on the field. In Sunday's game alone, the Redskins were only 1 of 9 on 3rd down conversions while the Falcons were 9 of 17. I also question some of the offensive play calls. RGIII could have slid or thrown the ball out of bounds on the play where he got hurt instead of keeping the ball and trying to force something. If you make a large investment in something or in this case somebody, then you need to take care of it!!! RGIII has been running for his life, and what happened today was inevitable. I feel like we’re now just another mediocre team who will be struggling again because we have allowed our investment in the future to become damaged. Way to go, Danny and Shanny! Leave it up to you!

Can some explain why Shanahan keeps deferring? Both home games, the result as been the opponent dominates possession in the first half and we're out of sync. why not apply pressure early!

Because you never know how much the opponent may be up on you at the start of the 3rd. It helps to know you'll be receiving the ball after half either to close a deficit or build upon a lead.

RG3 does not go down and we win this game, not a doubt in my mind about it.

The defense looked much better, especially the secondary facing two top-notch WRs.

Just like every kicker we have had since 1991, Cundiff stinks.

We are really missing Orakpo, our pass rush has suffered.

The defense played better than expected, the problem was that our receivers didn't. When one thing goes better another one is getting worse. During the first half I was even thinking: do we have receivers on the field ?. Garçon better work some voodoo swing in the upcoming weeks.

This game was the correct result in my eyes. I am not convinced we get the win if RG3 is still out there. The Falcons controlled time of possesion converted on big 3rd downs where we did not. Morris was running very well but we should have a pop into the end zone on 3rd and short before letting our glorious kicker on the field. I always felt we needed to get up by two possesions to see this one out as our D would naturally tire. I thought they played a decent game but when Ryan had that much time he was always going to connect, he's too good not to. We missed #98 big time yesterday.

PS I am coming over next week and I am currently 0-2 when watching the redskins live, so either pray for 3rd time lucky or stay at home!

Joking aside it is a massive game, we need to get to 500 and we have to win at home. It sounds loud to me so should be more of an advanatge.

There are positives about this team though, for sure.

We desperately need a FG kicker and the offensive playcalling still needs improvement.
Yeah at first i thought the playcalling was okay I thought they were giving RG3 easy passes to get him in Rhythm because he was a rookie. Then it pissed me off when Cousins comes in they let him fling it down the field. Which shows me they are not opening the playbook up enough for my liking. RG3 can sling it and they need to let him sling it.

Because you never know how much the opponent may be up on you at the start of the 3rd. It helps to know you'll be receiving the ball after half either to close a deficit or build upon a lead.

I never see a good reason to take the ball first. There is the reason you stated, plus you want to manipulate the crowd noise a little. It's never louder than at the start of a game, so if you kick it at home you might eek out a false start or make them use a timeout. On the road, you can defer and avoid that a little.

Yeah at first i thought the playcalling was okay I thought they were giving RG3 easy passes to get him in Rhythm because he was a rookie. Then it pissed me off when Cousins comes in they let him fling it down the field. Which shows me they are not opening the playbook up enough for my liking. RG3 can sling it and they need to let him sling it.

I've gotten somewhat frustrated at times because I feel that they have handcuffed RGIII with the passing game and haven't let him stretch the field like he can. I always think back to the adage of who was the only person to keep Michael Jordan under 20 pts a game....Dean Smith.

I have no problem with them deferring. The defense held ATL on that first drive, that's what matters, right?

Overall, I was very pleased with the defense. To hold the Falcons to 17 points for the majority of the game takes one hell of a gameplan and some slick play. I was surprised to see Morris stuffed on the short runs, though. Was also very surprised that RGIII didn’t throw the ball deep, especially with Aldrick and Pierre playing. That was the biggest question mark to me.

I've gotten somewhat frustrated at times because I feel that they have handcuffed RGIII with the passing game and haven't let him stretch the field like he can. I always think back to the adage of who was the only person to keep Michael Jordan under 20 pts a game....Dean Smith.
Agreed just like on the 3 and 3 the play before the Cundiff missed FG why on earth would you do a run play when you need 3 yards when you have RG3? It was like they were playing for the FG. It was frustrating.

I keep looking at the hit that RG3 took and it looks like he was already initiating the slide when the ATL player hit him like that. Am I looking at it wrong? He was clearly at a 45 degree angle and his feet weren't under him (had given up). At the game I thought it was an illegal hit and the video this morning is seemingly confirming my thought. What am I missing?

I keep looking at the hit that RG3 took and it looks like he was already initiating the slide when the ATL player hit him like that. Am I looking at it wrong? He was clearly at a 45 degree angle and his feet weren't under him (had given up). At the game I thought it was an illegal hit and the video this morning is seemingly confirming my thought. What am I missing?

Yeah I felt like it yesterday. As a team, you have to respond if your QB is hit like that. Some may disagree but the only way teams are going to learn NOT to cheap shot Griffin is to do them the same until the league figures out that they need to come down HARDER on that kind of conduct/hits and/or the opponents just back off.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wanted to throw my remote through the television with the end of the first half play calling. Why is the ball being run three straight times when there is 30 seconds on the clock and there are two time outs left? That was a chance to put a little drive together and attempt a fg. Whether cundiff makes it or not is another issue. This team is way too content to sit on a lead when they have it, and are always content with going in tied at halftime. Show some killer instinct every once in awhile. We are tied with a team who was Supposed to beat us. You have to try and get points there.

The top picture from Steinberg's blog entry is a good one. I guess you can say the guy was leading with his helmet, but appears to hit RG3's shoulder, and from what I understand, RG3's head hit the guy on the left when he went backward.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/07/rgiiis-concussion-in-images/

We have to keep in mind that this stuff is going on at high rates of speed and sometimes there's little the defensive player can do to let up. I know player safety is really important, but it just seems like fans are increasingly buying into the pussifying of this league.

Did anyone else think Cousins' second drive looked a little like hustling a game of pool? Nothing much going on, then BOOM!--a well-read touchdown pass! The Falcons had written him off. Granted, the sacks and ints sucked, but I was jumping around like crazy when we scored!

Hail!!

Archived