Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

Cousins throws one TD and 2 INT's. Rex Grossman could have done that and the Skins would have more depth in the secondary instead of using their 4th round pick on a backup QB

Seriously man. That was his FIRST live action as a pro. He through a super TD, and made a couple of rookie mistakes. Not helped by bad protection.

Let's cut the dude a little slack huh?

Hail.

I don't wanna hear "take your lumps with Cousins over Grossman" because on gameday, you put the best player out there. Grossman's experience in the league alone makes him a better option and gives us a better chance of winning.

Seriously.

Just because he managed to lose his job to not one but *TWO* rookies as well as John Beck for three games last year doesn't mean that he wouldn't have outshined Cousins and put us in the best position to go forward as a team.

I wish some of these other fools would see that way, too! :rolleyes:

I can't believe people actually think that Rex Grossman Suck Machine would have given us a better chance to win today. You guys watched him play football right? The guy is an incredibly poor QB and deserves to be scratched on game day. If Grossman is the starter next week for any reason you can chalk that up as a loss.

Grossman would've given us a better relief performance than a stone cold rookie today, in the second half.

Small doses of Rex are fine.

The tackling today was terrible. Haslett needs to do a better job or he will be replaced. I'm sure there is a 3-4 coordinator we can pick up in the offseason.

Give me a break--the defense did everything they could today--the basically held Atlanta to 17 pts. The offense did absolutely nothing. Kyle S needs to go. His playcalling is atrocious and it was again today. We should have given Morris the ball over 25 times. They could not stop him. Incredibly disappointed with the offensive playcalling.

Griffin let the team down by not throwing it away on a play that he obviously couldn't squeeze a TD out of. Offense was just horrid on third down, that might have been the biggest killer.

Defense were playing over their heads in the first half, you knew they couldn't hold. Offense didn't help them out by having so many quick drives stopped. Defense can't get to the QB.

Cundiff obviously blows and shouldn't be here, but I think most people saw that. That falls on Shanahan.

If Griffin is out next week, I hope we see Cousins again. He's got a lot of potential, helped keep it close.

Give me a break--the defense did everything they could today--the basically held Atlanta to 17 pts. The offense did absolutely nothing. Kyle S needs to go. His playcalling is atrocious and it was again today. We should have given Morris the ball over 25 times. They could not stop him. Incredibly disappointed with the offensive playcalling.

You have to be kidding me.

Our D's best only isn't good enough when they've not got an offense to give them a hand!!! If the time of possession wasn't so heavily weighted to the Falcons, the D would have been in a much better condition/place going into the 4th quarter.

what makes you say that? every game the defense sucks, it doesn't matter if we have time of possession or not. this team will let up 400 yards of offense every game this year. don't forget we got a HUGE break when ryan fumbled the ball on the snap. they were going to score on that drive until that happened. it doesn't matter if we play the saints or the bucs or alabama or ontario, this defense straight up cannot stop a drive when a drive needs to be stopped. tie ball game? touchdown. up by 21? 3 consecutive touchdowns. it doesn't matter.

Grossman would've given us a better relief performance than a stone cold rookie today, in the second half.

Small doses of Rex are fine.

Possibly, possibly not. Arguing over the outcome had it been Rex out there is pointless.

What is certain is that Rex Grossman is not a good QB and has an above average chance of leading this team to a loss on any given Sunday. What is certain is that the chance of Rex Grossman scoring over 30 points in a game is slim to none. I'd rather watch a rookie throw pick over pick than Rex Grossman put the kind of drivel on the field that we've seen time and time again.

RG3's Redskins has the potential to score 30 on anyone.

Rex Grossman's Redskins will struggle to score 20.

Shanny just finished presser. I'm gonna go out on the limb that Cundiff is done lol

I really have no post game rants. Atlanta is who we thought they are. A lot of talent and they exploited one of our biggest deficencies on D: LBs and safety's who cannot cover. Overall our D was much improved.

On offense i was okay with play calling. Of course that 3rd and 3 run call was too predictable in retrospect but I'm more concerned with 3rd down %. last in NFL and 1-8 today (Cousins TD pass to Santana).

WE are a young team and I still believe we will not win many games this year. Jury still out on the running QB. I hope RG3 learns to throw the ball away next time

You have to be kidding me.

I'm not kidding at all. This lose to me was on the offense which did nothing at home and scored 10 points--7 of which came on the TD to Santana. The defense gave us enough opportunities--they cannot be expected to shutdown an offense as explosive as the Falcons.

I'm fine with letting Cousins in there. We always have complained that we don't try out young guys and see what they got/give them experience. Here was a chance and if Cousins is going to be our future backup/traded for any significant trade value he needs his experience

Shanny just finished presser. I'm gonna go out on the limb that Cundiff is done lol

I really have no post game rants. Atlanta is who we thought they are. A lot of talent and they exploited one of our biggest deficencies on D: LBs and safety's who cannot cover. Overall our D was much improved.

On offense i was okay with play calling. Of course that 3rd and 3 run call was too predictable in retrospect but I'm more concerned with 3rd down %. last in NFL and 1-8 today (Cousins TD pass to Santana).

WE are a young team and I still believe we will not win many games this year. Jury still out on the running QB. I hope RG3 learns to throw the ball away next time

Our 3rd down conversion rate with K. Shanahan at the helm has been at or near the bottom of the league. He is not a good play caller.

Offensive play calling really hurt us today.

Yes.. It's like Kyle plays conservative with RG3 and then plays aggressive with Cousins and Grossman.

We need to stop putting RG3 in obvious passing downs and forcing him to make plays with his feet. The reason he got hurt was because the falcons knew it was an obvious passing situation and everyone was covered so he tried to make a play.

I'm not kidding at all. This lose to me was on the offense which did nothing at home and scored 10 points--7 of which came on the TD to Santana. The defense gave us enough opportunities--they cannot be expected to shutdown an offense as explosive as the Falcons.

I'm not disagreeing with that.

The playcalling was not the problem, though.

Archived