Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

Great. Thanks Kyle and Mike. Hell of a job with the offensive playcalling. What are we? 0-8 in our last 8 home games? This team needs new coaching. We need a hungry staff and not one filled with washed up has beens who are trying to set their children up for a career in the NFL.

To the post the above was a reply to ..... how the HELL do you blame playcalling on the hit that took RGIII out of the game?

Seriously, explain that one to me.

Hail.

Agreed. There's something really weird about this team. They lose in the same kind of ways, regardless of who's coaching or who's playing.

It's FedEx field. We need to play in a high school before we play another game there or relocate to the team to the closest decent sized college until we get a stadium back in DC. The Hokies can't win there either. The curse is so strong it follows us on the road too. Send the damn ghost busters in there and make a movie about it.

Well, they need a better kicker. The playcalling on offense is still a problem in my book.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that Cundiff MUST go! Gano's stats were nearly identical. Rumor has it that Cundiff's kickoff depth was the deciding factor. Ugh!?! Shouldn't have ACCURACY (+ youth) factored in there somewhere?!?

Why didn't we continue to 'feed the pig'?!? Morris nearly rushed for a buck (100 yards) - in the FIRST half!?! C'mon, Kyle!?! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

We should've rushed the ball a MINIMUM of 30-35 times (IMO)!?! Kyle's 'scared-to-death' (of ATL?!?), pass-happy playcalling is going to get RG3 killed!!!

In the Red-Zone, we should have: "Morris-Left... Morris-Right, and Morris-Up the Middle (the 'Riggo-Drill Redux') - with a smattering of RG3 Read-Options (Pass/Run)"!!!

We should dictate to Defenses; not vice-versa!

Defense was Ok (better than previous incarnations).

RG3 'missed' a couple of... (imo) 'sure-td-passes' (Moss), early. We should've/could've been 'UP 21-7'!?! Growing pains...

All-in-all: STUPID Playcalling (O & D), Injury to RG3, Cundiff's INEXCUSABLE deficiencies... all spelled defeat (again).

We could, just as easily, be '4-1/5-0', were it not for that (plus, MAJOR injuries to Starters and TJ's 'blunt obsession'!?!

Jus'-sayin'.

HAIL!

Kicker sucks. Defense played a much better game despite giving up yards again. RGIII has to learn from this. And I believe he will. Our pass rush is DESPERATELY missing Orakpo, no matter what the haters say.

When RGIII went out you could see the confidence go out of the offense. He HAS to be ready for next week. This is his team and he us our offense. Without him we are below mediocre.

Garcon can't drop so many damn passes.

All in all a little disappointing. But I'm proud of my boys. They fought one of the best teams in the league to the very end. If RGIII was still on the field no telling what the outcome is.

Lastly, BRING BACK GANO!!!!!!!!!!

Either RG3 is going to learn how to get rid of the ball or he is going to be out of the league within 3 years. One or the other, not both.

Is anyone surprised about RG3 leaving the game? He will need to really work on learning to protect himself as a QB and the coaches will have to do a better job of getting him prepared. Getting rid of the ball, getting out of bounds, and picking your spots to take off and run. You don't take on LBers.

Look at the average career of an NFL running back. Even the great ones only get a few seasons. We can't keep going this way with RG3. That will need to be an emphasis with his coaching.

He is a smart guy, I hope he learns.

To the post the above was a reply to ..... how the HELL do you blame playcalling on the hit that took RGIII out of the game?

Hail.

Before Sean Taylor got injured, there was a bad call on Fletcher for defensive taunting (which it wasn't) on third down. Then Sean got hurt later on that drive. Which made him not play. Which made him be at home that night.

Basically, the ref killed Sean Taylor.

That's the type of logic behind the playcalling getting RGIII hurt on a *PASS* play when he decided to run and the defender chose to ignore the slide.

Overreact much? :ols:

Losing to a 5-0 team, with us starting a rookie QB, a rookie RB, and having to go to ANOTHER rookie QB, is not a funeral. :)

We lost to a 4-0 team and got our best player, for whom we gave up two first-round picks (we swapped first-rounders; we didn't give it away) and a second-round pick, got hit so hard that he didn't know what the score or quarter was.

We lost the game and RGIII.

That's like going to my grandmother's funeral and telling me that at least she tried to beat cancer. Cool.

Overreact much? :ols:

Losing to a 5-0 team, with us starting a rookie QB, a rookie RB, and having to go to ANOTHER rookie QB, is not a funeral. :)

We are the national "told ya so team of the century".

"Haynesworth is all about the money and when you pay him he'll lay down. "

"Zorn is a QB coach - he's never even been a coordinator"

"Mcnabb is washed up. Andy Reid doesn't trade him in division he was any good at all".

" If RG3 keeps up with this style he will be out by week 5".

We are freakin joke man. A JOKE.

Bull. The game was "over" because of the mindset of many of the players on the Skins team. Cousins did his job with the long TD to Moss. The pathetic mindset of our D could not secure the lead for the Rookie QB. Then it rains trying to come from behind, when you should not have had to and you get an INT. So NO the game was not over when he "took that hit" but rather when the D players could not step up, again when it counted. It is a Redskin "theme". Can't coach the intangibles like a winning mindset.

Our defense is nothing short of terrible. Why it is that way is up for debate but we all know its bad.

RG3 brings that winning attitude to the offense. Our two wins this season rest purely on his shoulder and what he brings to the game. He inspires others around him to perform better. He improves our running game instantaneously. He is the lynchpin of our offense. If he isn't in there, we look like the team last season or worse.

RG3 is THE most important player to this team. He's the most important player that this team has had in the last 20 years. It's like the Colts without Manning.

There was no reason to think this team had a shot without RG3. He's single handedly turned the offense into something respectable.

Hail.

Because more running for RG3 = higher chance of injury.

That particular play was not a designed run but he's going to get hurt AGAIN if they keep running plays like they did before with all of the options etc.

Especially now that he's had a concussion the option plays need to go away.

Because more running for RG3 = higher chance of injury.

That particular play was not a designed run but he's going to get hurt AGAIN if they keep running plays like they did before with all of the options etc.

Especially now that he's had a concussion the option plays need to go away.

Then please don't complain when a major chunk of our offense is taken out, our QB's ability to do what he does is halved; and we struggled to hang with teams in games.

Hail.

We lost the game and RGIII.

That's like going to my grandmother's funeral and telling me that at least she tried to beat cancer. Cool.

Um yeah that's a bit of a stretch there. This is football. Not life and death. We got a young football team with two rookies leading the way against a 4-0 falcons team that's pretty damn good. RGIII will learn to protect himself better with time or he will have a short career.

All in all I'm not too hurt about this loss. The RGIII injury was a tough blow. If he is on the field then no telling how this game turns out. Your response is definitely overreaction.

Archived