Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post game thoughts, rants, etc

Zazzaro703

the teams we beat are a combined 1-7 and all signs point to 1-8 after tonight. this team has some bright spots can't put together 4 quarters in a row with all the aspects of the game clicking. if the offense is doing well, the defense and special teams fail. if the defense does well, the offense sputters.

and the defense can't make a stop with the game on the line, period. and cundiff's locker should be cleaned out before he gets out of the shower. we had all the momentum in the game and he blew it all.

Release Cundiff. Bring back Gano, Rackers, or whatever journeyman kicker is out there. Our defense is bad. Yes, they played well the 1st half, but the game is 60 minutes, not 30. In regards to offense, they weren't getting a lot done. It was only a matter of time before RG3 missed some game time with all the hits he has taken. Last but not least, I really hate FedEx. We have zero home field advantage. It's always been a horrible stadium for us. I'd love to see in my lifetime a new stadium, something like a modern day RFK or something. Please Mr. Snyder, get us away from FedEx.

Who in the blue hell goes 20 years without a competent kicker?

The Washington Redskins

Who in the hell makes their only veteran QB inactive on game day?

The Washington Redskins

Who in the hell abandons the running game when you're averaging 11 yds a carry on a rainy day?

The Washington Redskins.

We're still wandering the NFL Wilderness with no compass.............

Pretty much how I feel.

To add to that, who in the blue hell do Teams routinely hit 50+ yard field goals against like they're chip shots?

The Washington Redskins.

My thoughts, Redskins are cursed.

Pretty much this unfortunately.

Cursed, hahahaaa. Get over it will you. The Falcons were 10-6 last year. That is a good football team we hung with. NO curse, just reality, The Falcons are better than the Redkins at this point and the team gave them everything they had.

1. Our D's "best" simply is not good enough...

2. RGIII should have thrown it away...he'll learn

3. Kirk Cousins plays like a rookie...Rex should be active.

Rex? I've seen enough of him. I'd rather take my lumps with the rookie.

No we did roll over - the defense looked like i could have run a 100 yards in a quarter on it once RGIII had gone and Cousins did what he did in collage - bad play after bad play once the game was on the line . Should not be number 2 on the depth chart - with Rex in there then we had a chance .

Um, you can't put this one on the defense.

They were on the field forever because the offense was piss poor. The *ONE* game that you can't put on the defense this season.

1. Our D's "best" simply is not good enough...

2. RGIII should have thrown it away...he'll learn

3. Kirk Cousins plays like a rookie...Rex should be active.

Our D's best only isn't good enough when they've not got an offense to give them a hand!!! If the time of possession wasn't so heavily weighted to the Falcons, the D would have been in a much better condition/place going into the 4th quarter.

This is entirely on the offense - the playcalling and RGIII's plain stupid decision not to throw it away.

Griffin let the team down by taking that hit when we were going to get 3 points anyway. Shanahan even said he explained to Griffin he has a responsibility to the team not to take those hits. But it is the NFL and you will take hits, but dang.

Agreed. Unfortunately (and fortunately), Griffin thinks he can do anything (and, so far, he has). I'm sure this will have been a good lesson for him that no matter how much he believes (and has shown!) that he can take a hit, the odds are not in your favor. Sooner or later, you're going to get hurt. I'm OK with him playing a little reckless, but he has to save it for the most critical junctures in a game and he has to limit himself. Where he took the hit, he was a few yards behind the line of scrimmage. There was no point to his bravery. Just throw it away, kick the FG, and come back for the next drive.

We gave them a go. We played one of the best NFL teams to the very end' date=' even with a backup rookie in their. Sucks to lose, but we didn't roll over. Our defense just wore out in the end.[/quote']

No we did roll over - the defense looked like i could have run a 100 yards in a quarter on it once RGIII had gone and Cousins did what he did in collage - bad play after bad play once the game was on the line . Should not be number 2 on the depth chart - with Rex in there then we had a chance .

We need to hope RG3 is okay and get a new freaking d coordinator and kicker...and bye bye Danny Smith.

I honestly think that with these 3 things, we could become so much better. Probably wouldn't be a super bowl team but it would make a lot of people a lot less angry.

They problem with this team is not that they lose, its that they do such stupid stuff with play calling, not being prepared, and missed assignments. Players are a huge problem but sometimes I feel like things like this need to be addressed in the coaching area.

60+ drop backs by a qb and we came away with one sack. Terrible.

Look it up in the NFL rulebook. It is illegal to call holds on the Falcons. I saw some pretty outrageous ref non calls. Not blaming the game on the refs, but seriously. Headlocks are not legal refs!

I can't believe people actually think that Rex Grossman Suck Machine would have given us a better chance to win today. You guys watched him play football right? The guy is an incredibly poor QB and deserves to be scratched on game day. If Grossman is the starter next week for any reason you can chalk that up as a loss.

Archived