Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After four games, let's reexamine the schedule shall we?

abdcskins

at first glance.. the early line on the Falcons game is interesting... Falcons -3.

without looking at the numbers.. most people (non redskins fans) would jump on the Falcons there.

but numbers..

Skins average 421 total yards a game.

Atlanta only 365.

Passing Atlanta edges us out with 267 to our 242 yards per game...

but rushing.. we crush with 172 yards per game to their 97.

Here's the stat that is the reason for the line on this game..

Atlanta is giving up 150+ yards on the ground per game. We just put 150 yards up on the best run D in the league... Atlanta is one of the worst.

It's possible we could rush for 300 yards on Atlanta.

on the flip side, it appears their passing game is a little overrated, at only 20 yards a game more than we are averaging.

This might be a classic Vegas trap game with a line at Falcons -3.. most non-researchers will see that line and there will be heavy public money on the Falcons.

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

L vs. Falcons (great offense and defense is better than ours, at this point)

W vs. Vikings (we should win this, I don't believe these guys are real, lucky game vs an overly confident San Fran)

L at Giants (I think we split the division 3-3 however it works out)

W at Steelers (they're middle - lower end of the pack this year, so we have a good chance)

W vs. Panthers (they are the Saints' only win, lost to Tampa and got destroyed by the Giants)

Bye week

W vs. Eagles

L at Cowboys

W vs. Giants

L vs. Ravens (They're a complete team this year, SB contender, as much as I hate to admit it)

W at Browns (We should win here, but I don't think it's as easy as others think, they've put up a lot of fight)

L at Eagles

W vs. Cowboys

So, I'm saying they end up 9-7. The thing that's got me feeling good about the team is the fact that we've been in every one of these games until the very end.

I'm not too worried because everyone in the division has basically the same schedule. We lost to the Rams, our NFC West foe, but the Cowboys and Eagles also lost to their NFC West foes and I'd guess the Giants aren't going to beat the 49ers in San Fran. Our other loss was to a really good Bengals team. Other then the Vikings(who I still think are the weakest in the NFC North), every team we play an NFC East team will play too and the division is close. As usual it will come down to the division games. We play so many at the end that we very well could control our own destiny come December.

I've reevaluated the schedule every week. Not really sure why to expect against the saints and we looked great. Made the schedule look a lot brighter. Seeing how our defense has played since week two has made it look dreadfull. I'm not calling for heads personally. Least not yet. But come mid season I expect this board to be calling for changes from the top down. I don't see a winning season or .500 season even right now. Think we'll stay where we have been at the bottom of the division. And that won't hold good for the coaches. I think we're getting pretty lucky on offense right now. RG is making plays but teams will adjust. And even when we make plays they seem very sloppy.

With our offense there's not a team left we can't beat. That being said I am seeing an 8-8 finish right now.

Agreed, that's where I'm at. It all comes down to how our defense is. Maybe something will click with the D, I mean even if they improve to mediocrity, we'd be dangerous.

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

vs. Falcons - W

vs. Vikings - L

at Giants - W

at Steelers - L

vs. Panthers - W

Bye week

vs. Eagles - W

at Cowboys (Thursday night) - L

vs. Giants (Monday night) - L

vs. Ravens - W

at Browns - L

at Eagles - L

vs. Cowboys - W

So that makes my current prediction at 8-8 at best. Man I thought we'd do better than that, but I have a feeling there will be one game we should win that we drop and one we shouldn't we will win, and we'll probably split with our NFC east competition.

I like breaking the season into four games at a time:

vs. Falcons- Should be a shootout will come down to whoever has the ball last

vs. Vikings- Very winnable at home (but we are the Redskins)

at Giants- from what I seen last night we should be in this game until the 4th quarter toss up 50/50 game

at Steelers- Very hard place to play on the road, Big Ben an aging but still good defense outcome may not be the best

We should be able to go 2-2 in the next four I will take it 4-4 going into play the Panthers.

Agreed, that's where I'm at. It all comes down to how our defense is. Maybe something will click with the D, I mean even if they improve to mediocrity, we'd be dangerous.

It's going to take Jenkins getting comfy w/ his knee and creating pressure to relieve Cofield and Bowen who are getting phased out right now. It will also take Haslett sticking w/ creating pressure instead of backing off and thinking the secondary can capitalize on mistakes when in reality their soft coverage allows for opportunities.

We need Merriweather back soon. At this point I'm fine w/ Reed playing FS, that's how bad we are at safety.

Well...uh.. ha! back at you. :ols:

I have mentioned them too, elsewhere, and certainly do worry more about Eli & Co than anyone in out division. The reason Dallas was on my mind is because they play tonight and I am seeing the game over that said person's house. Also, I hate it most when Dallas beats us. ;)

I can dig that line of thinking. I hope you didn't rub it in too much tonight, those Cowboy fans can be sensitive! :hysterical:

After seeing us play four games, and our opponents as well, do you have any new prognostications as to what our record may end up being?

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

vs. Falcons L

vs. Vikings W

at Giants W

at Steelers L

vs. Panthers W

Going into the BYE, I can see us at 5-4

Bye week

vs. Eagles W

at Cowboys (Thursday night) W

vs. Giants (Monday night) L

vs. Ravens L

at Browns W

at Eagles L

vs. Cowboys W

This is less of what I think will happen & more of what I hope will happen. If I were to predict what I think will happen, I could easily see us being swept by the Division opponents & losing to teams we should soundly beat, like the Browns & Panthers. But, I could see us going 9-7, IF they can tighten up the defense.

Our schedule is tough. But, I think our team is better than we give it credit for, and the other division teams are not as good as we make them out to be.

I also think that our D is getting exposed this year in part because teams have to play more aggressively on O against us. They know they have to put up 30+ to beat us. At some point, that's gonna bite somebody, and maybe we'll get some timely turnovers and possibly rout a few of these douche squads.

With the terrible defense and suddenly bad kicking situation winning three more games looks reasonable, but not exactly likely. If the defense improves anything is possible. Until then a passing league plus a division filled with QBs that can light up a scoreboard make any firm of success extremely unlikely.

I have been shuddering to think what Romo sits to pee & those receivers may do to us (I know, but because it's Dallas and especially with a cowpie fan in my life these days (though he's a good guy and really knows football), it will suck extra for me if it goes that way).
I think we'll be OK if the same receivers that showed up for the Bears game show up..

Archived