Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After four games, let's reexamine the schedule shall we?

abdcskins

I think they are overrated. Hell, if it weren't for a bonehead move by a ****y punk (Cam) fumbling or a scared coach who wouldn't go for it, and last but not least... A punt from Matt Ryan to midfield that gets caught- the falcons lose to the Panthers IN ATLANTA.

But, I hate Atlanta so maybe I'm a little biased lol

Maybe? You are definitely biased. Ryan threw a deep pass to midfield that Roddy White went up to grab in traffic. You think our corners/safeties will even be near White when that happens to us?

Yeah, none of those games will be easy, with *maybe* the exception of the Browns.

From here til then, watch what happens to the main offensive threat that faces the browns each week,,

they quietly just get removed from the game... especially the #1 receiver.

~Bang

Our run D is the truth, which means teams will be forced to pass. That's bad, MKAY. What's good, is that we can score unlike before. So we will be in every game this season. Brutal, Brutal schedule though. Especial the stretch when we play Philly, Dalls then NY. OMG. What may work in our favor, is a few players returning from injury. Hopefully Brandon Merriweather (correction) being one. Cedric Griffin being another.

HAIL

Maybe? You are definitely biased. Ryan threw a deep pass to midfield that Roddy White went up to grab in traffic. You think our corners/safeties will even be near White when that happens to us?

Dude, that pass was a DUCK. Our secondary may be poorly coached/assigned but Carolina is a lot worse.

Not to mention, Denver turned the ball over at least 3 times in the first quarter alone- got screwed out of the fumble that somehow was called Atlanta ball and STILL almost got beat!!

They're a fraud.

I think we (and the media in general) VASTLY overrate our division. Of course we lack confidence because we've sucked for 20 years and have been beaten up by all of them. But in the two years under Gibbs II we were actually decent, we did well in the division.

Watching the Giants-Eagles last night, you saw two very flawed football teams. The Giants secondary is as bad as ours and they are dealing with major injuries. Our OL is better than Philly especially with their center lost for the year. And that defense that we went up and down the field against yesterday? Totally stifled the Cowboys in Dallas last week... The second time in three games their offense got held down.

The winner of the division went 9-7 last year.... I don't fear the other teams in our division. Atlanta and Baltimore are the two games where I'm really thinking loss. Minnesota and Cleveland are the two games I'm thinking win. I'm iffy on all the rest. The schedule isn't brutal because our division isn't brutal.

Dude, that pass was a DUCK. Our secondary may be poorly coached/assigned but Carolina is a lot worse.

Not to mention, Denver turned the ball over at least 3 times in the first quarter alone- got screwed out of the fumble that somehow was called Atlanta ball and STILL almost got beat!!

They're a fraud.

I'm not saying they're world beaters or that even we can't beat them but he has the luxury of having 3 receiving threats that he can basically throw ducks to all day if he has to and they will come down with it. That is against coverage which we seem to be unable to comprehend right now.

For what it's worth, here is my best estimate...

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

vs. Falcons LOSS

vs. Vikings WIN

at Giants LOSS

at Steelers LOSS

vs. Panthers WIN

Bye week

vs. Eagles WIN

at Cowboys (Thursday night) LOSS

vs. Giants (Monday night) WIN

vs. Ravens LOSS

at Browns WIN

at Eagles LOSS

vs. Cowboys WIN

8-8 and a successful year

The main thing is if we can keep our head above water and around .500 we can really control our destiny down the stretch where anything is possible with even the slightest improvement on D and our offense continuing to progress. The division games always are tough and can go either way the last few years with a few exceptions.

Though part of me wants to say, our secondary has been torched all year and we haven't even played the elite WRs in the division. Also, the 4 teams we scored so much against are amongst the 4 worse passing defenses in the league as well.

It is way too hard to say what will happen. Lets just focus on the Falcons and take it one week at a time.

worst case scenario, if the skins are out of contention by the time nov/dec rolls around, at least they have 5 chances to play spoiler to division foes..

The good news is, we still have 7 home games left, the bad news is...our home record is terrible under Shanahan. I don't think there is a magic # of wins that will get us in the playoffs. The NFC is extremely brutal this year. I think our best bet is to hope the other teams in the NFCE beat each other up and we can stay in the race. Obviously those 6 games are going to be twice as important as our other games.

I think we (and the media in general) VASTLY overrate our division. Of course we lack confidence because we've sucked for 20 years and have been beaten up by all of them. But in the two years under Gibbs II we were actually decent, we did well in the division.

Watching the Giants-Eagles last night, you saw two very flawed football teams. The Giants secondary is as bad as ours and they are dealing with major injuries. Our OL is better than Philly especially with their center lost for the year. And that defense that we went up and down the field against yesterday? Totally stifled the Cowboys in Dallas last week... The second time in three games their offense got held down.

The winner of the division went 9-7 last year.... I don't fear the other teams in our division. Atlanta and Baltimore are the two games where I'm really thinking loss. Minnesota and Cleveland are the two games I'm thinking win. I'm iffy on all the rest. The schedule isn't brutal because our division isn't brutal.

Thats a really good point too. Anything can happen in division. They will be tough but are winnable.

at Saints- Win

at Rams- Loss

vs. Bengals- Loss

at Bucs- Win

vs. Falcons - LOSS

vs. Vikings - WIN

at Giants - WIN

at Steelers - LOSS

vs. Panthers - WIN

Bye week

vs. Eagles - WIN

at Cowboys (Thursday night) - WIN

vs. Giants (Monday night) - LOSS

vs. Ravens - LOSS

at Browns - WIN

at Eagles - LOSS

vs. Cowboys - WIN

I think we finish 9-7

The good news is, we still have 7 home games left, the bad news is...our home record is terrible under Shanahan. I don't think there is a magic # of wins that will get us in the playoffs. The NFC is extremely brutal this year. I think our best bet is to hope the other teams in the NFCE beat each other up and we can stay in the race. Obviously those 6 games are going to be twice as important as our other games.

I don't really think the NFC is that tough this year. Looks like the West gets one Wild Card in Arizona so the other one is up for grabs. The South is a mess. Don't see a WC team there. The North, the Lions are burying themselves. The Packers and Bears will fight for the Division/WC but that really is our only competition I think other than our division teams.

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

What's funny about predicting W's and L's is everybody almost always picks us to go 3-3 in the division. 3 wins at home, 3 losses on the road. When is the last time that happened?

Some time before 1992?

What's funny about predicting W's and L's is everybody almost always picks us to go 3-3 in the division. 3 wins at home, 3 losses on the road. When is the last time that happened?

They should reverse the Philly series. We dominate each other on the other's field most of the time.

I hope and pray we can reach 8 wins total.

That would be a successful season for me. That, and if the team showed progress as the season wore on.

Both overall record and how we look late in the season will go a long way to letting me know where this team is headed.

Well, for the first time in years, at the very least I feel like we can score points on anyone. In the past, once any half decent team put up 20 points on us I pretty much knew we were done. Not anymore.

That may not directly correlate to a high number of wins over the next 3 months, but I do believe we will see some great games with RG3 leading this offense. That'll be great progress this year.

We also have the top rushing attack (Morris + RG3) in the league through 4 games so far and just beat the top-3 ranked rushing D (Tampa).

Maybe we should be controlling the clock against some of these teams to limit the damage their offenses can do to us through the air?

If so, it could tip the balance in a few of these contests.

all i know is that the next 4 out of 6 games are at home. and Lord, can we at least finish over .500 over that stretch? I don't care who it is we're playing. We need to take advantage of being at home! :mad:

Playing at FedEx hasn't provided any advantage over the last two years under Shanny. And that doesn't seem to have changed this year thus far.

I have been shuddering to think what Romo sits to pee & those receivers may do to us (I know, but because it's Dallas and especially with a cowpie fan in my life these days (though he's a good guy and really knows football), it will suck extra for me if it goes that way).

Ha I am much more terrified of the Giants and Eagles QB and WR combinations...

I have been shuddering to think what Romo sits to pee & those receivers may do to us (I know, but because it's Dallas and especially with a cowpie fan in my life these days (though he's a good guy and really knows football), it will suck extra for me if it goes that way).

I found this post curious.

Romo sits to pee is above average, but not awesome. Sometimes, he extends plays and makes big plays out of nothing, but other times, he does really bone-headed stuff, and gives the game away. He could be Rex Grossman's twin.

The Cowboy's receivers are actually a below average group.

Miles Austin had two excellent seasons in 2009 and 2010, but has been very mediocre since. He's fast, but runs sloppy routes.

Dez Bryant SHOULD be awesome, given his physical tools, but his production has been well below average. He's lazy...and probably not the smatest guy either, given some of the stupid "off the field" stuff he's done.

Their leading receiver right now, Ogletree, is a scrub who just happens to be getting some easy balls because defenses don't pay much attention to him.

After these guys, they have some WRs who would be lucky to make the starting lineup at George Mason.

Romo sits to pee is above average, but not awesome. Sometimes, he extends plays and makes big plays out of nothing, but other times, he does really bone-headed stuff, and gives the game away. He could be Rex Grossman's twin.

The Cowboy's receivers are actually a below average group.

Miles Austin had two excellent seasons in 2009 and 2010, but has been very mediocre since. He's fast, but runs sloppy routes.

Dez Bryant SHOULD be awesome, given his physical tools, but his production has been well below average. He's lazy...and probably not the smatest guy either, given some of the stupid "off the field" stuff he's done.

Their leading receiver right now, Ogletree, is a scrub who just happens to be getting some easy balls because defenses don't pay much attention to him.

After these guys, they have some WRs who would be lucky to make the starting lineup at George Mason.

I would also add that Romo sits to pee tends to cool off significantly later in the season.

We don't meet the Cowboys until Thanksgiving. I hope that means he'll be in his usual decline by then.

Ha I am much more terrified of the Giants and Eagles QB and WR combinations...

Well...uh.. ha! back at you. :ols:

I have mentioned them too, elsewhere, and certainly do worry more about Eli & Co than anyone in out division. The reason Dallas was on my mind is because they play tonight and I am seeing the game over that said person's house. Also, I hate it most when Dallas beats us. ;)

I would also add that Romo sits to pee tends to cool off significantly later in the season.
Gee, I have never noticed such a thing. ;) But it doesn't provide me with much reassurance, given our team to team history and our current situations. Maybe I'll gain some with events between now and then.

<edit>

Dude, I found it curious you would find my rather easily understandable concern curious. :ols:

But I also found most (not all) of your actual comments were pretty questionable in analysis, so maybe that's related.

While I think something may be somewhat in the air for that post to get so much attention, I also have zero interest in extending any positive commentary :mad: about Romo sits to pee or his receiving corps, or anything else cowpie. :D

Archived