Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After four games, let's reexamine the schedule shall we?

abdcskins

Of all our remaining opponents, the only ones who have winning records are Baltimore & NYG. Bmore has sustained a bunch of defensive injuries and may prove ripe for collapse. We turned the ball over 5 times last Sunday @ NYG yet we still took the lead late in the game. Carolina & Cleveland are game which we should win (given the state of our pass D, no games are gimmes, but we have better than a 50% shot against them). Pretty much every game is a toss up. This schedule doesn't strike me as being brutal at all.

I agree. If we miraculously get to the bye at 5-4 ill do back-flip. We'd be in great position to make some noise in the division with 3 divisional games in a row. Not to mention I feel we will match up well with Dallas, and I think we can sneak at least one away from Philly. The best news is the Giants schedule, which is absolutely brutal from here. There is no way that get through that schedule with less than 5 losses, and if they do, well, then they deserve the division.

Of course the realist in me says we are 4-5 at the bye. Every game is a must-win, but a surprise upset this weekend would help us tremendously.

I agree. If we miraculously get to the bye at 5-4 ill do back-flip. We'd be in great position to make some noise in the division with 3 divisional games in a row. Not to mention I feel we will match up well with Dallas, and I think we can sneak at least one away from Philly. The best news is the Giants schedule, which is absolutely brutal from here. There is no way that get through that schedule with less than 5 losses, and if they do, well, then they deserve the division.

Of course the realist in me says we are 4-5 at the bye. Every game is a must-win, but a surprise upset this weekend would help us tremendously.

yeah, 5-4 at the bye week would be AWESOME!!! tomorrow i see us beating the steelers, philly losing to the falcons, and cowboys (hopefully) beating giants. that makes the nfc east standings after this weekend looking like this:

Giants:5-3 (1-3 in the division)

Cowboys:4-3 (2-0 in the division)

Redskins:4-4 (0-1 in the division)

Eagles: 3-4 (1-0 in the division)

Then next weekend we play panthers at FedEx Field, Steelers @ Giants, Cowboys @ Falcons and Eagles @ Saints. We could beat the panthers at home. falcons could beat cowboys. steelers could beat giants. saints could beat eagles.That makes the standings in the NFC East looking like this:

Giants: 5-4 (1-3 in division)

Redskins: 5-4 (0-1 in division)

Cowboys: 4-4 (1-0 in division)

Eagles: 3-5 (1-0 in division)

In my opinion if that is what the nfc east looks like after next weekend, i can see the redskins controlling their own destiny after the bye week beating the eagles and cowboys to get to 7-4 heading into the monday night game against the Giants. i guess i'll be a falcons and cowboys fan this weekend and Falcons, Steelers and Saints fan next weekend as well.

Archived