Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins.com: Griffin III Called Plays On Final Drive

flexxskins

I remember Griffin playing the Sooners last year, that was when I went from "This guy is good I hope we get him" to "We need to do everything to get this guy". He has intangibles that you can not coach or practice, you can get a QB who can make the throws, run for a first down, do everything well, but to get a guy who can do that and also elevate his play when it really matters is truly special. I mean when I saw his game winning touchdown vs the Sooners I saw that he was a clutch player, and that type of player seperates the good from the great. Griffin is a great player, he is clutch and can you think of one thing he actually truly struggles at? Any knock on his game at all?

Kinda surreal how we went from consistently having the worst QBs and offenses in the league, to this. When was the last time we ran a successful 2 minute drill to win a game, much less on the road? Never?

No, your not, I listened to the post game on the way home from the stadium and when RG stated that the headsets were out, My first for sure thoughts immediately were,Tampa shut them down, I really believe they did.

that was my first thought as well

I think ALL QB's should call their own plays. Across the board, no input from the coach except during practice or maybe during a timeout. It would make the game soooo much better. I hated it when they put radios in the helmets.

The QB's didn't call the plays before helmet radios, not for a long time...the play was just brought in by a player much of the time.

What a joy to watch him play. I can't wait til he actually develops! :ols:

~Bang

I know, that's what's nuts about this whole thing.. he still has so much room for improvement. Imagine how it will look when he has complete control over this offense and the playbook. When three plays get called in and he can audible to any which one. When we add a few more pieces to our Oline and give him even better protection (which was solid yesterday, by the way). When he gets even more comfortable with the traditional drop back game.

He is so much fun to watch.

My microwave screws up my wifi if I put my computer close enough.

You don't understand because you don't know "what's under the hood" and how the internals work. The passing of time does not always lead to advancement.

The poor IT man(whose A+ cert and Network+ cert won't help him too much here) can't do anything because he can't change the laws of physics; wireless devices usually use radio waves to communicate with each other and interference can and will occur. As long as there is an appropriate source of electromagnetic interference, you can **** up all sorts of wireless devices.

Oh no, I *do* know what's under the hood. And while Moore's Law isn't universally applicable, it sure as hell sets a precedent. If you're not constantly improving, then you're out of business.

Change the frequencies. Put out more repeater stations. Have more than one type of radio.

We're not talking jamming radar signals so that nukes can go flying wherever they want; we're talking 30 - 40 yards with no walls in between.

Signals can get interfered with, yes, but signals can also be strengthened. I don't remember any reports of anyone's cell phone losing signal. Put the radios on those frequencies, slap a Verizon endorsement on it, and you'll have tens of thousands of people let you know if it gets ****ed with.

If you watch that final drive, you can see Griffin signalling to the sideline that the headset was out after the first completion. You can see his body language as he says, "Eff this I'm gonna have to take control." As always, he remained calm and confident and did what he had to do.

He has been very effective in both wins and losses. Another aspect of his game is that the players around him believe in him. The quote from the one offensive lineman was good. Good things happen when you expect your leader to deliver and get good results.

There was also a few positive quotes from Hall about RGIII. So he has the physical tools (good arm and can run well), he has the intelligence to call his own plays if necessary, he is calm during the storm,(i.e. the last drive) AND for a rookie he has exceptionally strong leadership skills as well. No wonder according to the Washington Post, Snyder took the front office to the Bahamas after they drafted him. At that point, they knew they had the real deal finally at the quarterback position.

:owned:

Oh no, I *do* know what's under the hood. And while Moore's Law isn't universally applicable, it sure as hell sets a precedent. If you're not constantly improving, then you're out of business.

Change the frequencies. Put out more repeater stations. Have more than one type of radio.

We're not talking jamming radar signals so that nukes can go flying wherever they want; we're talking 30 - 40 yards with no walls in between.

Signals can get interfered with, yes, but signals can also be strengthened. I don't remember any reports of anyone's cell phone losing signal. Put the radios on those frequencies, slap a Verizon endorsement on it, and you'll have tens of thousands of people let you know if it gets ****ed with.

Damn - you got straight up owned SirCP...

Didn't we have a game during gibbs tenure where Brunel hit Moss in OT to win? Does that not count?

Yea I would think that counts. Not sure how much time was left...

How about the Shawn Taylor game when the Skins had the one UN-timed down and the Maryland kicker made the kick, AND Parceles(excuse my spelling) threw down the headset after the kick? It wasn't a game winning "drive"? It was the best Skins game I have watched in 20 years.

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

---and yea, RGIII is the real deal!

I remember Griffin playing the Sooners last year, that was when I went from "This guy is good I hope we get him" to "We need to do everything to get this guy". He has intangibles that you can not coach or practice, you can get a QB who can make the throws, run for a first down, do everything well, but to get a guy who can do that and also elevate his play when it really matters is truly special. I mean when I saw his game winning touchdown vs the Sooners I saw that he was a clutch player, and that type of player seperates the good from the great. Griffin is a great player, he is clutch and can you think of one thing he actually truly struggles at? Any knock on his game at all?

Kinda surreal how we went from consistently having the worst QBs and offenses in the league, to this. When was the last time we ran a successful 2 minute drill to win a game, much less on the road? Never?

Co-sign

Yeah funny how the headsets stopped working at this exact time in the game. Home field hitting that button and oops, no communication for the opposing team. We need to work on this strategy. Seems like it happens quite often to us. But I've been wondering why our last drive was unstoppable after the entire second half was dreadfull. We could've done anything under the sun against them in that final drive. But until then we had communication between player and coach. Wonder how many plays were tampered with as in its their house and their rules. If communications get crossed and our plays are sent to their OC as well. Oops.

Archived