Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins.com: Griffin III Called Plays On Final Drive

flexxskins

And that's why you keep Grossman around. Not that I think RG3 needed it to go out and do what he did, but it can't hurt.

Awesome about practicing for this scenario. The Shanahans are preparing him for everything they can. Love it.

I don't think we're keeping Rex around just so he can whisper sweet nothings in RG3s ear and be cheerleader. Let's not overstate a pep talk. RG3 is not RG3 for lack of confidence.

I think it helps that he can scramble.... he can call any play he wants, and take off.

I wonder what plays III would have called at the end of the first half, when we had our foot on their necks, and Iron Mike chose to milk their timeouts instead. We didnt score for almost half a game since easing up there.

We need a killer instinct and I hope the headset breaks if that what it takes for Shanny to realize he cant defer games to our defense to win it for him.

I've always been about team when it comes to the 'skins and don't get into individual player lovefests, but III is changing that real quick. Mancrush could be full-blown real soon. He is simply amazing. I think I may be falling in love with another man. Hope wifey doesn't see this.

"RG3 brushes off headset malfunction in 'Skins' win; Santana Moss suspects Bucs sabotage."

"And the headset inside Robert Griffin III's helmet went out. Robert Griffin ran for a score and threw for more than 300 yards on Sunday against Tampa. (AP)

His head coach, Mike Shanahan, called it "miscommunication." His wide receiver, Santana Moss, called it something else.

"Happens every time," Moss said after the game. "No lie. I've been in the league 12 years, I've been in plenty of games, and the home team goes, 'Oh well.' " Then he mimicked yanking an imaginary plug out of a wall."

hmmmmm, very interesting.

"RG3 brushes off headset malfunction in 'Skins' win; Santana Moss suspects Bucs sabotage."

"And the headset inside Robert Griffin III's helmet went out. Robert Griffin ran for a score and threw for more than 300 yards on Sunday against Tampa. (AP)

His head coach, Mike Shanahan, called it "miscommunication." His wide receiver, Santana Moss, called it something else.

"Happens every time," Moss said after the game. "No lie. I've been in the league 12 years, I've been in plenty of games, and the home team goes, 'Oh well.' " Then he mimicked yanking an imaginary plug out of a wall."

It's probably not a coincidence that we practice that 2 min drill without headset communication.

am i the only one that finds it to be a unique set of circumstances that the communications went out during the most pivotal drive of the game??

Those sneaky **** pirates... but they forgot we don't just have any rookie QB it is RG3. Rookie by status but not by talent.

Good Rex, bad Rex...glad to see that "Good Rex" is the one helping RG3 through his maturation process. Gotta give him some props for that.

Amazing to watch RG3 do what he does week in and week out. He's had 3 games now where it's come to the final 2 minute drive and the previous 2 were unfavorable results through no fault of his own. I'm glad to see that he was able to do it again and lead the Skins to victory. I'm sure he needed it as well as us as fans. I was definitely having a heart attack at home. Great game. Great finish. I love me some RG3.

Seems something always goes wrong in Tampa to favor them near the end of the game, the 2 point conversion that never was, the bad snap in the playoffs, and now this. As someone else stated, we have a real QB and that's how it's done RG3 style!

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

That's no coincidence. The movie was loosely inspired by the Redskins during the 1987 strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Replacements_%28film%29

Indeed it was.

When I was watching that drive, I swear, that's exactly what it looked like. The way he was yelling at people and getting players lined up, it was like watching another team play in our uniforms. 1:45 left with 1 timeout and all you need is a FG? That's too much time for a good QB... : )

When I was watching that drive, I swear, that's exactly what it looked like. The way he was yelling at people and getting players lined up, it was like watching another team play in our uniforms. 1:45 left with 1 timeout and all you need is a FG? That's too much time for a good QB... : )

I cannot even remember the last time we had an effective 2 minute drill and a QB capable of leading the drive with confidence. (and I am an old fart). Don't give Bob 60 seconds with a timeout.....he will beat you.

2) I don't understand how, this many years later, headsets go out. Ever. Have a back-up helmet. Have a real IT crew. The headset should *NEVER* go out.

wireless communications are incredibly easy to jam. if there's a regular old kitchen microwave anywhere near where the signal is either sent or received, or any wireless point in between, all the bucs have to do is tell an intern to heat up a burrito, and blam, no signal. (and it wouldn't be hard to rig up a device specifically for jamming purposes, either)

anyway, i agree with moss -- it happens too often at too suspicious points in games all over the league to be accidents.

wireless communications are incredibly easy to jam. if there's a regular old kitchen microwave anywhere near where the signal is either sent or received, or any wireless point in between, all the bucs have to do is tell an intern to heat up a burrito, and blam, no signal. (and it wouldn't be hard to rig up a device specifically for jamming purposes, either)

anyway, i agree with moss -- it happens too often at too suspicious points in games all over the league to be accidents.

The NFL should investigate all these kinds of incidents and if they find any proof of deliberate interference they should take away draft picks and/or cap space.

So why don't we let Griffin call the plays from now on? He did a better job than Kyle does lol. Seriously marched us straight down field like he was supposed to and every play worked.

I'm just super pumped about the guy. He really needs to learn when to slide though and I hope he learns that before he gets put out for the year. Beyond that, I'm very impressed at the amount of hits this guy takes and stands right up and throws a perfect pass the next play. This guy also does everything he can to get a W for this team.

Him, Kerrigan, Fletcher, and Morris are solid, dependable players. They don't get hurt (knock on wood). They play through pain and put their heart and soul in this team. I really and truly hope we see their names on the roster 10 years from now. I bet Fletcher could do better than most players when he gets old enough for a walker lol. HTTR

Found this on the Bucs forum,

"Only the bucs can make "rookie RGlll" look like a 10 year vet. Almost forgot,isn't freeman a 3 year vet?"

No wonder their team sucks, they have no idea that RG3 has looked like a 10 year vet since he joined the NFL. Heck you could watch crappy ESPN and figure that out.

I LOVE this kid. He BRUSHES off the headset malfunction and leads the team down for the win in his fourth pro game .. on the road against one of the better ranked defenses in the league .

He's tough, smart, mature, and one hell of a talented football player.

I'm literally proud that he's a Redskin.

What a joy to watch him play. I can't wait til he actually develops! :ols:

~Bang

Archived