Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL and NFLRA Deal in Works (Old Refs back this weekend?)

skinsfan07

That's too bad that this will have a short shelf life

The Shanahans have a cameo lol

Oh, man you know a story is big when Apple Daily is doing animation for it! This made my night in so many ways!

Let the record show that at 1:15AM on Thursday the 27th of September I pissed off my neighbors watching this.

Good news.

I never thought I would be an advocate of guys like Walt Coleman and Ed Hochuli, but after seeing how bad the games were without them, I am thrilled to have them back.

Do not underestimate the power of public opinion. The Packers getting jobbed on MNF was the tipping point. A groundswell of frustration from fans and coaches had been building. The replacements were just awful, and it was only a matter of time before people would become fed up enough to do something about it. They did things like call the league office, go to social media and speak out, even called politicians, and it worked.

Apparently the entire time the reds have been locked out, Hochuli has been meeting with the other 120 refs like every week just to go over all the game film and freshen up on all the rules and what not. And he's been testing them also to make sure they stay fresh and up to date!

So what's the $150-$250 million swing talk? Thought I saw something on espn.com about how Vegas was getting weary because bad calls we're now costing games, like the GB-SEA game.

I would assume there was a lot of money on GB (thats who I would have bet on) and so when that TD was given to Seattle a lot of punters lost a lot of money. I assume though the dubious calls introduce another variable in predicting results making it harder to set a line.

Maybe Goodell got a call from a guy called Vinny ....

I would assume there was a lot of money on GB (thats who I would have bet on) and so when that TD was given to Seattle a lot of punters lost a lot of money. I assume though the dubious calls introduce another variable in predicting results making it harder to set a line.

Maybe Goodell got a call from a guy called Vinny ....

Thats what it is. The swing was just all the smart money on the Packers swinging over to the Seahawks victory. Vegas is making money either way with their juice inside the lines but the replacement refs make it harder to set the lines accurately and also causes bettors to be more hesitant/less confident about placing bets, ultimately costing the books money.

I stopped betting as well because conventional wisdom and what you anticipate will happen in a game can be completely thrown off with these refs out there screwing around.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the regular refs sucked too, just slightly less than the replacements.

I disagree. I think alot of the rules suck, but the real refs do a pretty good job mostly.

If this did anything, it showed us what we had in the real refs & how hard it is to keep up with this level of football & the rules they have to uphold. Yes, they make mistakes too, but it is pretty clear that the mistakes we have seen in the last 3 weeks, many of them would not have been made.

The Saints/Chiefs game is a great example. It took the replacements 5 minutes to determine that the Chiefs player was down & that the ground forced a fumble that Roman Harper picked up & ran into the endzone. The call on the field had to actually be overturned as the call on the field was a TD. Maybe the real refs make this mistake, but no way does it take 5 minutes for them to figure it out.

This is one of those cases where, better the devil we know.

This'll be the first time in history that the refs will run thru the tunnels & get applause by the fans...then booed only minutes later when they make their first contraversial call, cause we all know that's coming. But I'm glad to see these guys are coming back.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 10:24 AM ----------

Somwhere Cortland Finnegan is saying"The real refs are back how am I going to play now "

Yeah, you know Seattle is upset.

Archived