Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL and NFLRA Deal in Works (Old Refs back this weekend?)

skinsfan07

I will not hold my breath, however, if this is true then we are all in good shape. It would be a travesty if a marquis player was injured due to negligence. It is sad that it took a MNF game where a blown call decided the fate of the game for both sides to remove their heads from that very dark, stinky place.

I will not hold my breath, however, if this is true then we are all in good shape. It would be a travesty if a marquis player was injured due to negligence. It is sad that it took a MNF game where a blown call decided the fate of the game for both sides to remove their heads from that very dark, stinky place.

Not to mention, shifted $150 million in bets

Here is a little more insight. ESPN Link

The NFL and the NFL Referees Association made enough progress in negotiations Tuesday night that the possibility of the locked-out officials returning in time to work this week's games has been discussed, according to sources on both sides.

An agreement in principle is at hand, according to one source familiar to talks, although NFL owners have postured with a "no more compromise" stance.

Although league sources said it would take a week to get the locked-out officials on the field, the NFLRA says its 121 referees have been trained on the new rules implemented last season, have already passed physicals or are prepared to pass physicals immediately. New official game uniforms designed by Nike are "hardly an obstacle," according to a source.

They should throw out the first three weeks and start the season all over, but I know that is a huge fantasy.

Isnt it amazing that yesterday they reported that there was a huge inpasse with no end in sight to the lockout,

and now because of all the heat and MNF game, they are now close to an agreement.

Archived