Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL and NFLRA Deal in Works (Old Refs back this weekend?)

skinsfan07

I disagree. I think alot of the rules suck, but the real refs do a pretty good job mostly.

If this did anything, it showed us what we had in the real refs & how hard it is to keep up with this level of football & the rules they have to uphold. Yes, they make mistakes too, but it is pretty clear that the mistakes we have seen in the last 3 weeks, many of them would not have been made.

The Saints/Chiefs game is a great example. It took the replacements 5 minutes to determine that the Chiefs player was down & that the ground forced a fumble that Roman Harper picked up & ran into the endzone. The call on the field had to actually be overturned as the call on the field was a TD. Maybe the real refs make this mistake, but no way does it take 5 minutes for them to figure it out.

This is one of those cases where, better the devil we know.

This'll be the first time in history that the refs will run thru the tunnels & get applause by the fans...then booed only minutes later when they make their first contraversial call, cause we all know that's coming. But I'm glad to see these guys are coming back.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 10:24 AM ----------

Yeah, you know Seattle is upset.

You know what tho? They probably STILL wouldn't have called the PI against Hanktime, they will STILL not call holding when tackles have their arms wrapped around pass rushers necks, and they will most likely STILL let RG3 take an insane amount of headshots/late hits.

I hope I'm wrong... but I guess we'll see

You know what tho? They probably STILL wouldn't have called the PI against Hanktime, they will STILL not call holding when tackles have their arms wrapped around pass rushers necks, and they will most likely STILL let RG3 take an insane amount of headshots/late hits.

I hope I'm wrong... but I guess we'll see

Yeah, my brother says the same thing. I don't know tho. That PI was pretty obvious.

No one likes refs. The real refs, as they have for years, will call penalties that they shouldn't and they will miss obvious penalties that will send fans into fits of rage. The beauty however is that, for the most part, the union guys know the rules and tend to have a strong enough grasp of mathematics to add 15 and 5 reliably.

I disagree. I think alot of the rules suck, but the real refs do a pretty good job mostly.

If this did anything, it showed us what we had in the real refs & how hard it is to keep up with this level of football & the rules they have to uphold. Yes, they make mistakes too, but it is pretty clear that the mistakes we have seen in the last 3 weeks, many of them would not have been made.

The Saints/Chiefs game is a great example. It took the replacements 5 minutes to determine that the Chiefs player was down & that the ground forced a fumble that Roman Harper picked up & ran into the endzone. The call on the field had to actually be overturned as the call on the field was a TD. Maybe the real refs make this mistake, but no way does it take 5 minutes for them to figure it out.

This is one of those cases where, better the devil we know.

This'll be the first time in history that the refs will run thru the tunnels & get applause by the fans...then booed only minutes later when they make their first contraversial call, cause we all know that's coming. But I'm glad to see these guys are coming back.

Plus, it'll be nice for the games to end in three hours.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the regular refs sucked too, just slightly less than the replacements.

We had more gripes in week 2 and 3 about the refs than I remember people having in all of last year combined, almost. Between the missed calls, the calls made that weren't real, and the screwed up placement and whistles, the replacements almost couldn't go a play without making a mistake somewhere.

If we go from yelling about nearly every play each week to only yelling about 1 or 2 plays each week, then it's a HUGE upgrade.

I mean, consider all the non-calls, the hit on Fred Davis in week 2, the extra-curricular activity Finnegan was doing, the non-call PI week 3, the Wilson recovery, some blatant holdings, etc. etc. I don't think the refs will screw all of that up.

It's about time. The blown calls are one thing but lack of control shown in so many games was disturbing.

Well that and the fact that these "professional" athletes took advantage of the replacements.

Think you might yell at a doctor if you found out he only made it through the first year of medical school while he was attempting to treat you or passing himself off as a "just as good" doctor?

In an attempt to make more money only for themselves, the owners and Goodell wanted to see if any high school or Division I referee could take the places of the referees who had worked these games for years. There was no benefit for the fans, nor for the game the owners typically say was their motive. It was pure, unadulterated greed. A few paltry dollars in their collective pockets. Well, the owners and Goodell failed. The fans and the game paid the price.

Well played Mr. Goodell. Well played owners.

Archived