Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL and NFLRA Deal in Works (Old Refs back this weekend?)

skinsfan07

Not to mention, shifted $150 million in bets

I actually think this had more to do with it than anything. Don Corleone called up Goodell and told him to work it out or he would be sleeping with the fishes.

Seriously, though, I do think that this played a large part. There are a lot of extremely powerful, very wealthy people and companies that lost a lot of money, and you have to think that they have ways of influencing the decision makers at the NFL.

Hmmm. That would be interesting. However, don't see it happening.

It won't, but could you imagine if our very own Redskins are fighting for a wild card, and we have the same record as Seattle and lose the NFC conference record tie breaker and miss the playoffs, or Green Bay misses by a game. Not to mention both our losses have had questionable 15 yard flags right at the very end. I'm sure other teams could all say similar things other than Houston, Arizona, Atlanta.

I hope they make sure to get everything that they need out of this deal.

The NFL has a way with these contracts. I'm sure these refs have learned and learned well.

Don't rush it, I think we all as fans want them back, but give the middle finger to the league until you get exactly what you want.

People forget the regular refs stink half of the time too

these replacements made us realize that the regular refs were not NEARLY as bad as we thought they were. There's always going to be bad calls & questionable judgment on the part of the regulars, but let's face it. They did it confidently. The Pakers game...? That ref that signalled TD virtually shrugged his arms in the air while looking at the other official, as if to say, "Touchdown?" He had no clue & no Earthly business being on an NFL field. His highest level of experience was Jr College for cryin' out loud, with most of his experience coming from High School.

The pundits, newspapers, tv shows, sportscasters, fans, & every media outlet you can think of was reporting on this ridiculousness & how it is marring the very integrity of the League & eventually, that will lead to losing money (albeit some time down the road). It is time to chamge this now.

---------- Post added September-26th-2012 at 02:46 PM ----------

his cell number got leaked?

His office number. I posted it in a couple of threads & on facebook, courtesy of Clay Matthews.

these replacements made us realize that the regular refs were not NEARLY as bad as we thought they were. There's always going to be bad calls & questionable judgment on the part of the regulars, but let's face it. They did it confidently. The Pakers game...? That ref that signalled TD virtually shrugged his arms in the air while looking at the other official, as if to say, "Touchdown?" He had no clue & no Earthly business being on an NFL field. His highest level of experience was Jr College for cryin' out loud, with most of his experience coming from High School.

The pundits, newspapers, tv shows, sportscasters, fans, & every media outlet you can think of was reporting on this ridiculousness & how it is marring the very integrity of the League & eventually, that will lead to losing money (albeit some time down the road). It is time to chamge this now.

---------- Post added September-26th-2012 at 02:46 PM ----------

His office number. I posted it in a couple of threads & on facebook, courtesy of Clay Matthews.

Did Clay Mathews get fined for leaking the number?

I'll be honest, I completely underestimated the impact of the regular refs holding out. In my opinion, despite a few horrible calls, the biggest impact is the loss of flow to the game. Watching is difficult at times becuase these replacements have to double-check half the calls that they make or they have to change the spot of the ball at the last minute as the offense is approaching the line of scrimmage (if they even catch it).

Having the old crews back will be a welcome sight for me and I don't believe the refs contributed to either of our losses at this point.

It won't, but could you imagine if our very own Redskins are fighting for a wild card, and we have the same record as Seattle and lose the NFC conference record tie breaker and miss the playoffs, or Green Bay misses by a game. Not to mention both our losses have had questionable 15 yard flags right at the very end. I'm sure other teams could all say similar things other than Houston, Arizona, Atlanta.

You mean like back in 2005 and the Skins lost the game against the Bucs on a horrible call for the 2pt conversion. That game costed the Skins the NFC East division and the 2 seed since they won the head to head against the Bears.

Archived