Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter @jayglazer: NFL suspends Tanard Jackson...

flexxskins

Wow, first I obviously missed that, second, just 1 game?

So Tanard gets a year long suspension for grass, Britt gets arrested 17 times to the point it's a running joke here in TN, but only gets 1 game. Smh. I hate this "at the commissioner's discretion" crap. Drug suspensions should vary based on the drug, and other offenses should have set suspension amounts as well.

Britt was a 1st time offender of the DUI protocol. Kind orced the leagues hand. Tanard popped for the third time. Already missed all of 2010 for suspension.

I have nothing against marijuana, but Tanard Jackson is a total tool. If you've been suspended once for 4 games and once for almost an entire season, you put the damned pipe down. No sympathy whatsoever for this stooge. He's trading a very lucrative career for a very mild buzz.

I have nothing against marijuana, but Tanard Jackson is a total tool. If you've been suspended once for 4 games and once for almost an entire season, you put the damned pipe down. No sympathy whatsoever for this stooge. He's trading a very lucrative career for a very mild buzz.

Agreed, unfortunately he was our best safety this preseason and would've eventually been a starter. I just hope Gomes steps up. We're really counting on him to take a giant step forward this season

So Reed Doughty's new nickname should be ****roach? You just can't kill him, dude survives everything.

I think this is very appropriate.

I'm adopting it, and i think we all should.

~Bang

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 12:01 AM ----------

Is there something wrong with madieu williams?

His orbicular muscles tend to work very hard... creating great vacuous pressure upon the receiver's gluteus maximus.

~Bang

Or you could, ya know, just like, not break federal law....i don't know, seems pretty simple.

Wow, first I obviously missed that, second, just 1 game?

So Tanard gets a year long suspension for grass, Britt gets arrested 17 times to the point it's a running joke here in TN, but only gets 1 game. Smh. I hate this "at the commissioner's discretion" crap. Drug suspensions should vary based on the drug, and other offenses should have set suspension amounts as well.

I said this in the other thread. I think getting an indefinite suspension over weed is just stupid. If they'll reinstate guys like Vick, etc, why in the heck are the penalties so harsh for some marijuana? Again, I'm not condoning drug use, but damn. We have people in the league who have done a lot worse and either get off with a slap on the wrist, or eventually reinstated. I think a year is too long IMPO, even if he's already served a year long suspension (shoulda never got a year to begin with IMO). I hope like hell he gets reinstated, or the NFL is gonna have some pretty tough questions to answer IMO.

I laughed. And soon a day may come when Reed is our most tenured player.

He's actually tied for the 2nd longest here.

Cooley was, prior to release, as he was drafted in '04.

Moss is current longest here, since 2005.

Doughty, Golston, and Alexander all got here in '06, and are tied for 2nd longest Redskins tenures.

We should have known better. If you lay down with dogs chances are you might get flees. Dude has already been suspended twice. And so before the season gets started we get left in a lurch. And just think, we have two other characters on this roster (Starters) who could suffer the same fate at sometime during this season if they can't keep their act together.

Moss - 2005

Reed - 2006

Fletcher - 2007

It's crazy, but it's happening...

It IS kinda wild that he is still here.

BUT no one has replaced him. Every year his position has been "fair game" and the buffoons and walking wounded they have thrown at the position have not been able to take his place among the 300, oops, I mean the 53.

True, he is not Pro Bowl (or even cereal bowl) level, but he earns his spot ever f'ing year.

Here is to you Reed - you are the example of the hard working "Rudy" who has earned the right to wear the jersey and be on the field. I thank you.

:helmet: The Rook

Archived